• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Is one airbase being struck or is hell raining down on the entire country because it's literally impossible to tell from all these reports.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm having some whiplash.

This IS when war begins and everyone is shitting their pants, but assassination of Iran official was met with far more calmer and even "just another day" approach.

Fuck?

How THIS is what starts escalation?
People were hoping Iran would sit down and take an act of war because they didn't want to risk it escalating

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
How would America win? What would define a win to you? Overthrowing the Iranian government and putting in a stable, liberal democracy with little casualties? lmao

There is no winning scenario here

Right? And like, would even support us in this war? This isn't 9/11. Everyone knows we picked this fight for no reason.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Trump. There was absolutely no need for it to come to this.

The only ones who prosper are those evil weapons manufacturers and war loving nuts. Any blood spilled is directly the result of US administration irresponsibility.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel really bad for the troops, your leader is a reckless moron who doesn't care if you die.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
America has lost every war it's been involved in since WW2. Their application of hard power never achieves their objectives -- they win when they use soft power, which Trump has been eroding since before he was even elected.
I know it's great that this is combined with the insane military worshipping culture they also breed. Back-to-back losers in every single war imaginable.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
War seems almost inevitable if anyone got killed because of these attacks. I can't imagine Trump not retaliating if american citizens are killed.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Right? And like, would even support us in this war? This isn't 9/11. Everyone knows we picked this fight for no reason.
I have faith that an actual war would backfire hard on Trump but I don't really care at that point because he'll still cause the deaths of thousands upon thousands and further hurt the stability and safety of the US and the MENA region for his ego

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

This IS when war begins and everyone is shitting their pants, but assassination of Iran official was met with far more calmer and even "just another day" approach.

Fuck?

The world is kind of used to being bullied by the US with little retaliation

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Fuck?

People's hopes for level-headedness were all in Iran's basket, but Trump truly forced their hands.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
War seems almost inevitable if anyone got killed because of these attacks. I can't imagine Trump not retaliating if american citizens are killed.

We blew up their General for an embassy attack by militants that resulted in zero American Casualties.

Missile attacks that kill American troops might cause Trump to demand nukes.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Iraq probably gave permission to Iran for this attack. Iran is right next to Iraq and their ties are most likely tighter than US-Iraq. Didn't Trump also said he won't leave until they get paid for their military air base?

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.

EDIT: Looks like this attack was just an attempt at saving face and no one actually died. So I guess that answers my question.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most liberals will side with the warmongerers because at the end of the day, America above all else.
You're going to see the most tepid resistance to the war, already we're seeing it with people conceding that Soleimani, a high ranking general in Iran that actually fought back ISIS in the region was somehow an insurgent terrorist.

Fuck this revisionist bullshit. Killing him was a horrific stupid terrible action because the GOP EC and Russia made a narcissistic racist baby President. But it doesn't mean that guy wasn't a complete and total asshole in charge of a heinous organization.
America has lost every war it's been involved in since WW2. Their application of hard power never achieves their objectives -- they win when they use soft power, which Trump has been eroding since before he was even elected.
As shitty as some of the US decisions have been w/ foreign policy this isn't true in the slightest. Unless Korea, Gulf War don't exist to you?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the end Trump will be responsible for putting troops in harms way, Iran only has targets as long as the US is in the ME so the tit for tat can only go so far.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Donald Trump is legitimately the worst president in American history.

Fucking Republicans are a cancer.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.
Iran is much much stronger than the usual idiot Americans think.
It's cool however that you believe the US can do dumbfuck things and not be retaliated against in any way.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
God fucking damn it all. Innocent civilian lives are at risk all over the fucking region.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018

The US is not going to glass Iran over a base being attacked.