• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
this is like when the hot water starts running out in the shower so you say fuck it and just throw the tap all the way hot

but with capital circulation instead water

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Doubt it will do much for more than a day. Rate cut isn't going to solve the underlying issues of the health crisis.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
hollyfucking shit

also i called it just few hours ago

but still hollyfucking shit

this is unprecedented

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean I can refinance my house to 0%???

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You best start believing in recessions Mr. Trump, you're in one

Oct 30, 2017
Oh boy, now you have nothing left but to go negative if a recession hits. Saving accounts are now completely worthless and if they go negative rates, you will be losing money.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
interest rate of what. I assume loans to banks, not impacting any citizens

edit: or.. interest rates of individual accounts and loans, which would be interesting

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can an economist explain this in laymen-speak?
Trump strongly believes* that low interest rates are a magical panacea for the entire economy and has been pressuring and threatening Powell to lower them from the moment he started- while there may be a rationale for it in this emergency — the long term effects are the same as putting the recession in a swollen tin can on a hot summer day and kicking it down the road into direct sunlight.

* he's so stupid and ignorant and narcissistic that the line between genuinely believes, selfishly insists and has no clue what he's talking about is completely irrelevant.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
So will home interest rates be even less? We refinanced from 5.25 to 3.75, I'd be game to do it again if it's going to be insanely low. I'll take a shorter mortgage out too.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Anything to prop up the stock market for orange turd. But this doesnt address the economy directly and just leaves us at a massive disadvantage once the recession hits. Powell is a fucking trump sycophant who enjoys taking the insults from his dear leader.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well, that's it. That's the last move the fed can make to prop up the economy.

This will have a short-term effect, at best and then we're truly fucked.

A recession is probably coming. We're not in one yet. What's the plan once it starts?

Oct 30, 2017
The last random Hugh half-point cut didn't do anything in the last weeks, what makes them think this will do any better? It screams of lacking confidence in the markets.