• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favorite US time zone?

• Eastern

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Central

Votes: 31 18.2%
  • Mountain

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Pacific

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • Alaska

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawaii‑Aleutian

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Atlantic

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Most big events like E3 etc. happen on pacific time, so it's nice to be in the same time zone for those things. It's also useful for pre-ordering stuff when things end up going up at midnight PST on occasion (Amazon also PST), rather than like 3AM EST. My friends love basketball, but when we went to the East coast it was weird seeing games starting at like, 10PM.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I just hate everything tech related happens on west coast time

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Eastern...as that's usually the ideal time for tv shows and sports. It'd be weird watching football at 10am every Sunday and b-ball games at 5pm, etc.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Conversely Pacific Time sucks for sports because many people are still at work or just getting off/commuting when most primetime sports events start.

So yeah like I said Mountain Time underrated. Sports start at a good time and end at a good time.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't actually live in the Pacific time zone but it seems a lot of things happen earlier there. For example, new games unlock at midnight PST, which is three in the morning on the east coast.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who moved from the east coast tell me that growing up, he had to ask his parents for permission to watch SNF games and nba playoff games.

I was like wtf, but then saw that a 5:30 kickoff would be 8:30 ET, same with 6pm nba finals games being at 9. That sucks.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't actually live in the Pacific time zone but it seems a lot of things happen earlier there. For example, new games unlock at midnight PST, which is three in the morning on the east coast.

Before digital games, us PST people would have to wait until midnight our time to pick up game pre-orders in store. Now? 9pm! We on par with EST now and there's no 3-hr advantage!

Bobcat Fancy

Jul 21, 2019
EST people can often unlock games early with VPN shenanigans. Whenever it's midnight in Asia. Depends. We get to play things early, too, but we are also in what I like to think of as the "Actual, True, Time Zone." Do you think your time zone is the real one? Odd. Disagree.

Oct 27, 2017
It's like asking me my favorite flat circle. They all have their charms.

ST or DT is the real contest though. From what I understand eastern Maine is unhappy with EST.

Biggest loser is UTC. It never changes, yet no one's ever on time.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Definitely Hawaii time. Growing up I lived part-time in Hawaii and I always loved everything being on super early.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific for *most* things. Football games are finished at a reasonable hour, and I try to watch the East Coast feed for TV shows.

The one thing Eastern Time has an advantage in is some Premier League/European Soccer start times. It better be a fucking good game for me to wake up at 4 AM to watch it.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EST should just be the only timezone but I can see how Central would help when a California Smash tournament STARTS top 8 at 9 PM EST.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EST people can often unlock games early with VPN shenanigans. Whenever it's midnight in Asia. Depends. We get to play things early, too, but we are also in what I like to think of as the "Actual, True, Time Zone." Do you think your time zone is the real one? Odd. Disagree.
VPNs are not unique to EST. lol

Bobcat Fancy

Jul 21, 2019
VPNs are not unique to EST. lol
Where did I imply otherwise? I'm just saying we don't have to wait for midnight local time, either, and additionally, are experiencing the most legitimate time zone. Just my sincere opinion.

Additionally: people on the west coast gotta watch ESTwitter slowly die and wake up when it's is already going. Can you imagine? I can't.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tumblr_nkevsrunjA1roq9zlo1_400.gif

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I can say for certain is Mountain Time Zone is the worst continental time zone. Pretty much all you have is Denver, and nobody wants to schedule around such a barren timezone. Every other one has its pros and cons.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'd be watching a game starting 7:00 pm PST, if your a fan of a east coast tiMe, do you guys just bite the bullet to watch your team? Start work later the next morning?

Eastern.

E-commerce sales are generally base around PST. Since I work long hours and get home near midnight, it's always nice to know that I actually still have an extra 3 hours to catch a deal. Also I can't imagine trying to rush home to watch a 5PM - 6PM NBA game.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Pacific, everything (especially tech stuff) happens early enough that I don't have to wait ages for it or it's already happened by the time I wake up.