• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I survived eight years of Bush, I would survive eight years of the orange shitgibbon.

I think Trump's presidency being so bad that people look back to the Bush era with rose tinted glasses is crazy

I'm black (although straight) and I'm not moving because

A.) Money, and

B.) Trump folks ain't comin' to Atlanta.

For the most part but I saw a pickup with a confederate flag on the rear window in midtown today. There's still some small pockets here.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. But that would only hasten my efforts. I've wanted to leave this country ever since I realized I was living on hostile land.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Most people not even considering the possibility must be white and straight. Because 4 more years of Trump would have negative impacts on minorities.

I'm white, but not straight, and also Jewish. I live in California, the bluest state in the country. If anything I would rather stay and use my privilege and safety to try to help others and raise awareness. I helped campaign for local democrats last year.

Not sure where else I would even go. I guess Canada? They have an entertainment industry I can work in. But as of now on a personal level it hasn't gotten bad enough for me to back up and leave.

Depends on if antisemitism rises up, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be much easier for most people to move to a community they feel safer and more belonging than an entirely different country.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
I've wanted to emigrate for a long time, probably for a decade now. I've never really felt like I belonged in the US, and both parents preferred the times they lived abroad, so I feel like I inherited a prejudice. Also have really enjoyed all my time I've spent in Europe

I could live and work in Australia/NZ, and the UK/Ireland based on where my parents were born. Possibly some countries in the EU too depending how the fuck Brexit turns out, but I'm not betting on it. Only thing that's stopping me is logistics and family. I think my GF is up for trying it for a few years but not long term. I don't know how much I want to raise kids here though. School shootings, childcare and college costs, likely moving back to a boring suburb to afford a house...no thanks.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Well, I am out of the country already. If Trump wins again and the nation continues down the path its been going on for most of the 21st century, I don't know how willing I would be to come back to live in America. It's nice being in a country that already has a lot of the things I wish America had. I am sick waiting for certain necessary improvements that I don't think will come anytime soon if I am being pragmatic. Moreover, I hope to have children someday, and I have to do what's best for them. I am not saying that the country that I live in is perfect, but things I value immensely like access to cheap healthy food, good public transportation, and better access to affordable healthcare are already here in spades. The first two positives aren't even on the radar of significant issues in America, and that is fine when compared to the major issues of the country that need fixing as soon as possible.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
For the most part but I saw a pickup with a confederate flag on the rear window in midtown today. There's still some small pockets here.
Of course you get that daring asshole every now and again. But we're not an extreme hotbed for Trumpian activity. And as cowardly as many of these people are, they'd be too afraid to step into a town with that many black and LGBT places anyway. It's a liberal hell to them.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nope. The fight is here, and I'm going to do my part to push back against him and his administration as best I can. I can't do that if I leave.

Well, I could vote absentee, but I'd rather stay here and fight.

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Of course you get that daring asshole every now and again. But we're not an extreme hotbed for Trumpian activity. And as cowardly as many of these people are, they'd be too afraid to step into a town with that many black and LGBT places anyway. It's a liberal hell to them.

Oh yeah absolutely. That's why I like it here. It's like an oasis in the Bible Belt. Once you step outside of Atlanta tho. Yikes. Ever been to Newnan?

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
IDK, if I got the same job with the same salary elsewhere I'd go, but it has nothing to do with Trump I just want to travel lol

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah absolutely. That's why I like it here. It's like an oasis in the Bible Belt. Once you step outside of Atlanta tho. Yikes. Ever been to Newnan?
Nope. Closest I've been to there is Carrolton after breaking down with a friend on the highway. I've got family in Valdosta and Adel, and I've vacationed in Savannah and Augusta. Anything outside of that I don't fuck with.

Like Forsyth. You couldn't pay me enough to go there alone.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Got nowhere to go. I'm an uneducated, unskilled US worker. The fact I am where I am now with an okay job is a miracle. Can't afford to emigrate. I can afford to live an "okay" life here in the states. I could live a great life if I find an SO making as much as I do, or more.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I think Trump's presidency being so bad that people look back to the Bush era with rose tinted glasses is crazy

"Good Morning and a very special greeting to all those celebrating the 5th of May which marks the victory of the Mexican Army in the battle of Puebla."

"We know that we have the preserve the integrity of our borders. Nevertheless we understand how the border is seen from the other side - as a means of getting better salaries and a better life. The best way of achieving a stable border is to improve opportunities in both countries- opportunities in business, education and freedom."

"To strengthen this friendship, Laura and I have invited Mexican president Vicente Fox to be the guest of honour in the first state banquet of my administration. President Fox is a good man - a man who has a grand vision for his country and I consider him a personal friend."

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
No; climate change, systematic civil unrest, and radical government changes from democracy to fascism, or opportunities overseas for a better life are the motivating factors for me to leave the US.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Yep.

I moved back to the US last year after living abroad for 4 years. I told myself I'll give the US until 2020 to convince me it wants me to stay, if not I'm out.

I'm here long enough to get certified to teach so that if I do take off again I'll be able to work at international schools. I did adopt a dog since coming back so that complicates things a bit, but should be fine.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I would consider it since my SO is not a US citizen. Who knows how bad attitudes towards immigrants will get in 4 more years of this bullshit.

Also might be good to prepare for retirement long term, cause do I really want to be old here if Republicans get around to destroying healthcare and social security?

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Nope. Closest I've been to there is Carrolton after breaking down with a friend on the highway. I've got family in Valdosta and Adel, and I've vacationed in Savannah and Augusta. Anything outside of that I don't fuck with.

Like Forsyth. You couldn't pay me enough to go there alone.

Savannah is cool and so is Athens tbh. Even tho it's an old south SEC school town.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
If?

My dumb country will elect him again.

And no, I won't leave. Just be another 4 years of hate. The racists in powers hate, and the hate people have for the racist in power.