• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NewYorker is saying Trump's family has taken money from Suleimani's camp as recently as after the 2016 election. Apparently his Org was the only ones interested in taking money from a team looking to develop WMDs through Western business ties.

Basically seems like Trump used the military to kill a former business partner in a money laundering scheme from 4 years ago.

www.newyorker.com

Donald Trump’s Worst Deal

The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Going full steam ahead making nukes is probably the best option they have
It doesn't sound like that's what they're doing.

"Iran will set their limits based on their technical needs," the statement reads. "Iran will continue to work with international nuclear agencies and will return to JCPOA limits once all sanctions are removed from the country."

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
NewYorker is saying Trump's family has taken money from Suleimani's camp as recently as after the 2016 election. Apparently his Org was the only ones interested in taking money from a team looking to develop WMDs through Western business ties.

Basically seems like Trump used the military to kill a former business partner in a money laundering scheme from 4 years ago.

www.newyorker.com

Donald Trump’s Worst Deal

The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
if Republicans had any kind of spine, which they do not, they could easily use this to work with dems, remove Trump, and mollify some of Iran's anger by saying this wasn't an act by the US, but a corrupt President covering up business dealings.

It won't happen, but it's such an easy out.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
The logic is clear: the US in its irrational aggression will attack Iran no matter what, so it's foolish to limit one's defenses in any way.

Deleted member 62282

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Fuck America. As usual "my" country the UK will tag along into the cesspit which trump will create and we will suffer hundreds of deaths in future both abroad and at home as a result of the incendiary repurcussion of all this bullshit. More people blown up at concerts etc. Fuck America. I'm sick of you fucking twats and fuck us following you merrily along. .

The Britons are just as much responsible for a brunt of the world's problems as the Americans. I'd argue more so.

Would you like to discuss the 1953 Iranian coup and who was involved?

They were fucked for a British oil company for fucks sakes.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Britons are just as much responsible for a brunt of the world's problems as the Americans. I'd argue more so.

Would you like to discuss the 1953 Iranian coup and who was involved?

They were fucked for a British oil company for fucks sakes.
British colonialism, what is it?

Seriously though, you are 100% correct on this, particularly in regards to Iran.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Has anybody else reported this? I'm worried because I'm travelling back to the US tomorrow and I've been put aside for questioning just because of the colour of my skin. Though to be fair, I'm Hispanic and not middle eastern.

Oct 26, 2017
sorry but i dont give a shit anymore. There comes a time where you realize that the world would be better off if someone was not a part of it. This is that time. He is putting everyone in danger. War is probably going to break out. Terrorist attacks against the US are a given at this point.

he needs to go. NOW.
It would literally make him a martyr the likes of which conservative America has never seen before.

We need him out of office and in jail. Not murdered.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sorry but i dont give a shit anymore. There comes a time where you realize that the world would be better off if someone was not a part of it. This is that time. He is putting everyone in danger. War is probably going to break out. Terrorist attacks against the US are a given at this point.

he needs to go. NOW.

It would make him a martyr to his cultish followers. He has to stand trial.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: What Unkindled posted

That seems pretty uh...bad international relations if true

May 29, 2019
It would literally make him a martyr the likes of which conservative America has never seen before.

We need him out of office and in jail. Not murdered.
It would make him a martyr to his cultish followers. He has to stand trial.

He popped up on their timeline, with the help of Russia and the US media, because he was willing to speak about Obama the Kenyan Muslim and other racist bullshit. They'll forget him like any old meme.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017

Has anybody else reported this? I'm worried because I'm travelling back to the US tomorrow and I've been put aside for questioning just because of the colour of my skin. Though to be fair, I'm Hispanic and not middle eastern.

Feeling like a terrorist because of my skin colour and heritage

that's what the west always loved to do

Deleted member 62282

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
It really doesn't matter who our next president is. The US has proven to be schizophrenic and two faced on international politics over the last twenty or so years. We're all but guaranteed to have another Republican president to erase whatever goodwill the democratic president may have accomplished. No one should even attempt to trust the US any longer and I think that is exactly what happens.

Putin must be so happy.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
A propos of nothing, I'm right now on vacation in Panama and I'm staying relatively close to the American embassy. Last night there was a lot of security in the area when the last two weeks it was relatively empty.

Deleted member 62282

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
That's quite an understatement

Oh it's been much longer than that. But the international community must now deal with two completely different countries based on if the president is a democrat or a republican.

There is really no point in trusting a democratic president (Iranian nuclear treaty) when the republican will just rip it up as American voters foolishly decide to give the republicans 'a second chance'.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Is this their op ed section?
It doesn't matter. Newpapers justifying spreading false propaganda by saying "it's an editorial / it doesn't represent our values" is no longer an excuse. If it really didn't express their values, they wouldn't have published it in the first place. Their "giving both sides a voice" editorial departments can go fuck themselves.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NewYorker is saying Trump's family has taken money from Suleimani's camp as recently as after the 2016 election
in what way is the New Yorker saying that? this is an article from 2017.
Apparently his Org was the only ones interested in taking money from a team looking to develop WMDs through Western business ties
that's a huge claim that requires huge evidence.
the claim that Soleimani was a "former business partner" of Donald Trump really needs actual evidence behind it to not come across like a completely out-there conspiracy theory

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
in what way is the New Yorker saying that? this is an article from 2017.

that's a huge claim that requires huge evidence.

the claim that Soleimani was a "former business partner" of Donald Trump really needs actual evidence behind it to not come across like a completely out-there conspiracy theory

Yeah this is a huge reach. We already have reports on why Trump ordered the strike. He was scared to death about the embassy protests becoming his Benghazi and when presented with a list of options by his military advisors on how to retaliate he chose the worst one as he is want to do.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter. Newpapers justifying spreading false propaganda by saying "it's an editorial / it doesn't represent our values" is no longer an excuse. If it really didn't express their values, they wouldn't have published it in the first place. Their "giving both sides a voice" editorial departments can go fuck themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.