• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So Iran has a kind of a lot of leeway since it was like one down from the head of state that the US murdered?
He isn't, though. Neither the president nor the supreme leader was killed. Them having strong feelings for him doesn't make him a head of state.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I don't think Drew is wrong - the US could theoretically get rid of Iran as we know it (like it did with Iraq in tearing out the Baath party and woops they made ISIS!!)

The human cost for America (american soldiers are the only ones that count on casualty lists) would be staggering. It's whether they admin would be willing to stomach that in order to make a point.

As if they care about the lives of soldiers lol. Soldier are nothing more than tools/property in these peoples eyes, whose entire purpose is to die for the military industrial complex if they said complex desired it so.

Nov 6, 2017
What the fuck is the tactical reasoning for this? Like, someone try to explain to me what their reasoning is beyond "war profits."

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
As others have said, its US Central Command, which is responsible for the middle east region.

2jtJPkO.png

noob-noob

Nov 1, 2017
Boston
Well I do know what I'm talking about. I have literally dozens of family in there too, but you know what had me more scared then this? When this same fucking guy ordered to shut the internet off in Iran, and then proceeded to murder civilians for protesting the gas prices. 1500 fucking Iranians on this guys head. So fuck him, and I'm glad the US droned him. Don't forget he also has not just Iranian blood but American blood on his hands.

At least now I'm not worrying about my cousins and family members getting shot from snipers on the rooftops of buildings.

Don't believe me? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Iranian_protests or literally any news site at this point. But all america was focused on was trumps impeachment.

You continue to prove that you're an absolute imbecile that has no idea what they're talking about, not to mention essentially confirming that you're either a shah or mujahideen supporter. Glad you showed your true colors.

You've repeatedly made laughable statements like claiming that the assassination of a general will dissuade current Iranian foreign policy. No country with a modicum of power would just sit back and say "oh man, guess we should knock it off" after the second most powerful member of their regime is killed while on official diplomatic business. The world does not work like a blockbuster movie you child.

According to you we should be taking out the heads of Saudi Arabia for the thousands they massacred during the Arab spring, while we're at it we should probably take out Xi for the concentration camps, oh and lets not forget Putin for all those war crimes in Ukraine! Get your head out of your ass and learn how the world works.

I'm not diminishing those killed during the protests but that you equate the deaths of 1500 people to war shows the depths of your ignorance. The last time the US instigated war with Iran a million fucking Iranians died, but oh no we need to start a regional military conflict to appease your power fantasy.

You've probably never even been to Iran, you don't give two shits about the bombs falling on their head. Just live in your little ignorant bubble and stop acting like you know up from down.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
He isn't, though. Neither the president nor the supreme leader was killed. Them having strong feelings for him doesn't make him a head of state.

Just say the facts, will you? The US considers itself above everything and will brutally murder thousands or even millions far more readily than just about any other country in the world (China gives you a run for your money).

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
If iran is smart they'll wait with a response. Way too much focus on it.
Wait until the americans are distracted by something else and then hit them.

There is no reason to escalate now. Finish idlib and the syrian war and your powerbase from pakistan to israel is secured.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
They've already spewed the usual bullshit of he was planning an imminent attack, blah blah blah...basically there wasn't any reasoning.

So is there any motivation for doing this at all? Is it pure whim, or is this really just a gigantic bribe to Bolton to keep his mouth shut because he got his war?

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Wiping Iran clean off the map" is such a sick, sick thought to have, and I'm positive it'll be what most Americans would want if Iran assassinated an American official. The American people's appetite for death and mass war crimes is sadly too large and disgusting.

No one man's sole death should ever lead to the death of tens of millions and the worst war crime and death toll we've ever seen.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The irony about this, is that Trump made a video talking about Obama starting a war with Iraq back in 2011:

Let's see his ignorant fanbase of cultists defend/spin this shit & go to war for his ass.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Fuck Trump. And also fuck the guy that was killed. And fuck the war hawks on FOX News.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, since I don't know what I'm talking about, what do you think the response would be if Iran directly attacked the US or assassinated Trump?
Can you make up your mind?

You just got done attempting to argue against the notion I put forth that escalation to war seems more likely than not, now to win this argument you are talking about how America will quickly escalate in the extreme and glass Iran the moment they engage in a direct retaliation.

I think you really need to step back and absorb this and come back when you have a more cohesive understanding of this situation. Your arguments entirely contradictory and your points completely unclear.

Your speaking near nonsense and jumping all over the place
And also just getting basic facts wrong. He is essentielly their actual SecDef. And he was in official capacity with official passage by the Iraqi government when his assassination took place.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I wonder what the average conservative American public response is to this? Do they remember they hated Hillary for being a "Hawk" and get angry at Trump for provoking a possible war, or do they magically "remember" they've been desperate for a war, and cheerfully tell their kids, "Hey, sign up and go kill some savages on foreign soil"?

From what I've seen thus far, it's either boilerplate rally cries ("God Bless America! USA! USA! USA!) or ill-advised justification for a revenge killing. ("Obama and Bush gave him a free pass to kill Americans!").

(For what it's worth, an FB friend shared Trump's Obama/Iran tweets, and his Trump-supporting acquaintance just laughed.)

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Social media during during times like these is insane.

Just went through a Twitter thread with Iranian and American civilians shit talking each other, talking about who would win like they're cheering for sports teams.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
So Iran has a kind of a lot of leeway since it was like one down from the head of state that the US murdered?
Maybe. But I don't think "assassinated our second highest position" gets you nearly the same leeway even if you happen to have the same kind of international influence the US does (especially if your nation isn't a white one).

But I do think they have a lot of room for response without admonition from other nations now that they didn't have before. It's why they're feeling confident enough to directly threaten soldier's if their terms aren't met now.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Can you make up your mind?

You just got done attempting to argue against the notion I put forth that escalation to war seems more likely than not, now to win this argument you are talking about how America will quickly escalate in the extreme and glass Iran the moment they engage in a direct retaliation.

I think you really need to step back and absorb this and come back when you have a more cohesive understanding of this situation. Your arguments entirely contradictory and your points completely unclear.

Your speaking near nonsense and jumping all over the place

And also just getting basic facts wrong. He is essentielly their actual SecDef. And he was in official capacity with official passage by the Iraqi government when his assassination took place.
Maybe you should come back with a better understanding of what I was responding to. A poster brought up that some hard-liners want to either attack the US or target Trump. That is the post I responded to, and I explained why that isn't in any likelihood of happening. It had nothing to do why my response to your post. I'm capable of responding to two different comments, as are most people.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I feel like I am caught in a time loop where the characters stay the same but the actors just keep changing.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
If there was an "imminent attack" how the fuck does killing Soleimani stop it? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Something tells me the Bush Doctrine is going to get dusted off shortly.

Well it wasn't an imminent threat per se, but it prevented the possibility of a future imminent threat we think they may have been plotting to carry out at some time in the future.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
You've probably never even been to Iran, you don't give two shits about the bombs falling on their head. Just live in your little ignorant bubble and stop acting like you know up from down.
Since you've literally gone to just bashing me for no reason now two times in this thread. Instead of trying to you know like many others in this thread reply back with actual responses that try to change my opinion. Your consistent bashing does the exact opposite.

You continue to prove that you're an absolute imbecile that has no idea what they're talking about, not to mention essentially confirming that you're either a shah or mujahideen supporter. Glad you showed your true colors.

You've repeatedly made laughable statements like claiming that the assassination of a general will dissuade current Iranian foreign policy. No country with a modicum of power would just sit back and say "oh man, guess we should knock it off" after the second most powerful member of their regime is killed while on official diplomatic business. The world does not work like a blockbuster movie you child.

According to you we should be taking out the heads of Saudi Arabia for the thousands they massacred during the Arab spring, while we're at it we should probably take out Xi for the concentration camps, oh and lets not forget Putin for all those war crimes in Ukraine! Get your head out of your ass and learn how the world works.

I'm not diminishing those killed during the protests but that you equate the deaths of 1500 people to war shows the depths of your ignorance. The last time the US instigated war with Iran a million fucking Iranians died, but oh no we need to start a regional military conflict to appease your power fantasy.

I mean yeah I get it those groups can go rampant, but this guy would have killed a lot more, and this is gonna scare the fuck out of those groups. As they relied so heavily on his leadership that they will be clueless.

Is this quote of mine where I supposedly said that this would somehow persuade the current policy? No I said this would have scared the fuck out of these groups. I never said they would stop. I never said they would just give up.

You're just shoving words into my mouth at this point. I'm not a supporter of either of those two things, and yeah in a perfectly world everyone you mentioned should be put in jail. I know that's not how the world works lmao.

I'm just presenting these facts because some were trying to make it seem that this man had done no wrong and he had nothing bad against him.

I also never said America should start a war, (which I should point I don't actually even live in). Sure this can go pretty fucked and Iran and the US and probably a couple other countries can go to war, but right now nobody knows what they are talking about as a situation like this has never come up before. So all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Don't bother replying to me because I will not respond to you and your consistent berating, unless you magically figure out that's not how you talk to another human being.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think Iran will probably let this blow over if they can do something to save face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Praying_Mantis

If destroying half of the Iranian Navy (in their waters) didn't cause a war, then this probably won't either. I guess it comes down to whether or not the US wants it to escalate to something more dangerous.
Iran was in an incredibly weakened state at that point during the Iran-Iraq War and had a fraction of the regional/military capabilities they do today. There was no scenario they'd have pursued further action then. It's much different this time.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe. But I don't think "assassinated our second highest position" gets you nearly the same leeway even if you happen to have the same kind of international influence the US does (especially if your nation isn't a white one).

But I do think they have a lot of room for response without admonition from other nations now that they didn't have before. It's why they're feeling confident enough to directly threaten soldier's if their terms aren't met now.

Basically yeah. The new issue now is that every player can see the US is completely irrationally aggressive. So who knows how it'll end up, because the US itself might start more and more weird shit.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe you should come back with a better understanding of what I was responding to. A poster brought up that some hard-liners want to either attack the US or target Trump. That is the post I responded to, and I explained why that isn't in any likelihood of happening.
I've asked you mutiple times to carry out the logical conclusion of your statements so far.

You simultaneously concede that Iran is likely to escalate, that America will escalate further, but claim, but can't seem to articulate, what magically stops this from escalating to war all things remaining equal, then go after other posters with the notion that Iran will be glassed if they directly retaliate.

make this cohesive for me buddy, because I'm struggling.

On the one hand you contest with me that people are overreacting in their concern for the cycle of escalation, then in a separate conversation claim the moment Iran escalates directly we will hyper escalate to literal genocidal war crimes.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I think Iran will probably let this blow over if they can do something to save face.

If destroying half of the Iranian Navy (in their waters) didn't cause a war, then this probably won't either. I guess it comes down to whether or not the US wants it to escalate to something more dangerous.
I mean it's pretty much any time anything happens to Iran they do nothing and just wait, but who knows when that'll stop.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Possible war with Iran? Sending 3.5k more troops to the Middle East? Sounds like things will escalate even faster.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Highly unlikely:

On possible Quds actions:

Recommend reading the full thread.

Also Iran was already at war back then, with very limited resources. Literally everything has changed since then.

KingIndaNorf

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
Can people stop with this nonsense. War with Iran would be the final nail in the coffin of Trump's campaign. It is windy unpopular.
You're delusional if you think so. Wait till the propaganda machine kicks in. Every conservative radio host and fox news will be beating the drums of war getting conservatives on board. Then your moderate news networks will start giving equal play to propaganda supporting war and the independents and moderates will slowly start supporting war. After a while more will jump the pro war side because they dont want to seem unpatriotic. By the time war actually starts at least 50 percent will support trump's actions.

BOOK IT

Status
Not open for further replies.