• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I do know what I'm talking about. I have literally dozens of family in there too, but you know what had me more scared then this? When this same fucking guy ordered to shut the internet off in Iran, and then proceeded to murder civilians for protesting the gas prices. 1500 fucking Iranians on this guys head. So fuck him, and I'm glad the US droned him. Don't forget he also has not just Iranian blood but American blood on his hands.

At least now I'm not worrying about my cousins and family members getting shot from snipers on the rooftops of buildings.

Don't believe me? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Iranian_protests or literally any news site at this point. But all america was focused on was trumps impeachment.

What do you think happens when a key figure in a regime is assassinated? Not dying of disease, but assassinated? They become a martyr. This normalises, enhances, and expands the vision, views, and goals of the person. You should absolutely worry about your family. They're likely to face worse now. People will aim harder than ever to fill in his shoes.

All of this stems from how he died. Again, if he died from something like renal failure, that's one thing. He was bombed by Americans who had no plan, logistics, or understanding of the ramifications of such an action, both internally to the Iranian political situation such an event would snowball towards, and externally in regards to a response. This is Saddam all over again, and let us not forget that with the eradication of one dictator, the situation there got worse for everybody involved.

Again, think about your family in regards to this. They're probably more at risk now for conflict and strife than they were a week ago. There's going to be a very clear nationalist push for revenge, and that will involve your family, even if they're objectors to it, making them even more at risk.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who thinks Trump getting a second term won't spell the end for this country hasn't been paying attention to news like this. Fucking hell....please not another war in the middle east...

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
IRGC has told the Swiss ambassador to tell the US to either completely leave Iraq or risk lives of their soldiers.

Edit: some hardliners are calling for attack inside the US or even specifically targeting Trump.
That would literally be the end of Iran. The country would be wiped clean off the map. Not gonna happen.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I also have to wonder if this was in any way, or in part, a message to Kim Jong Un, that the US could take anyone out at any time. SK and the US did recently run those drills aimed at NK and taking out political targets, and now this.
Not sure, I would expect NK to be significantly less rational under the same circumstances and Seoul could quickly be history...

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the post was overly sympathetic towards a war criminal.

No, he was banned because the war criminal wasn't white or of western origin.

Cheney could croak right now and you won't see people banned for RIP. That's just the reality of things.

evil Americans deserve nuance. Evil brown and black people deserve condemnation

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's good that the UK isn't desperate and more of a lapdog than usual for the US.......oh wait.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Legitimately at a loss for words. Couldn't even close out the first damn week of the new year without a major outbreak.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Jun 20, 2019
If there was an "imminent attack" how the fuck does killing Soleimani stop it? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If they attempted to directly attacked (not terrorist attack) the US or assassinated a US president? Yes. Iran would not longer exist.
I don't get the rationale. How would that serve interests of the US?
Something like what you suggest would mean killing at least like 60 million people. I can't see how it won't hurt US standing in the world.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
That would literally be the end of Iran. The country would be wiped clean off the map. Not gonna happen.
Iran is not in total control of their proxies, that is why these escalations are so dangerous and partly so reckless.

It just takes one cell or faction to conclude they need to hit back harder than the Iranian line and we have an Iranian cell bombing/shooting up a parade in New York or going rogue and ambushing contractors/an embassy/outposts.

Then a sense of obligation from a hawkish regime to escalate further on America's side

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
If they attempted to directly attacked (not terrorist attack) the US or assassinated a US president? Yes. Iran would not longer exist.

Is that "would no longer exist" or "I hope would no longer exist"? Because you really really like repeating existential threats to Iran. In any thread about the US military adventures you feel the need to remind us of how US could kill everyone.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: some hardliners are calling for attack inside the US or even specifically targeting Trump.
Missed this edit before.

Hardliners don't represent the government. Hell, there's been US politicians pushing for war with Iran/a regime change for decades at this point.

The fact that everyone in the government is deliberately avoiding the term "act of war" is significant.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can see imminent attack nonsense if this was some two-bit terrorist cell. But this is a place with a legit command structure.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
"War" in the sense of some sort of invasion of Iran or uniform military fighting uniform military isn't going to happen. That's just not realistic.

It's irregular action & paramilitary and terrorist attacks that are going to be kicked into high gear by this. And that's bad enough.

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Missed this edit before.

Hardliners don't represent the government. Hell, there's been US politicians pushing for war with Iran/a regime change for decades at this point.

The fact that everyone in the government is deliberately avoiding the term "act of war" is significant.
Those group of US politician you are describing now have the power. They once started a war with Iraq and now they are using the same with Iran. Also, since a few month ago anything US does is reported as terrorist attack and this one is also being described as terrorist attack.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
"War" in the sense of some sort of invasion of Iran or uniform military fighting uniform military isn't going to happen. That's just not realistic.

It's irregular action & paramilitary and terrorist attacks that are going to be kicked into high gear by this. And that's bad enough.

I'd normally agree but with this nutcase running things, I'm not dismissing anything...who the hell knows what he might try.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Missed this edit before.

Do you think Iran retaliates in any capacity?

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
ENXzb1HUcAIFV6b

Shit like this going to be tenfold next few months.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Err...what did the US government just do to Iran last night? Something something act of war?
No one is denying that the killing of Soleimani could easily be construed as an act of war. But no one in the Iranian government is using those terms. Lots of talk of revenge and crushing retaliation but no one is using the word "war." that's significant.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
No one is denying that the killing of Soleimani could easily be construed as an act of war. But no one in the Iranian government is using those terms. Lots of talk of revenge and crushing retaliation but no one is using the word "war." that's significant.
Your missing the forest for a tree.

Again, do you think Iran just sits on their hands?

If anything but an emphatic yes, it then begs the obvious question of what happens after Iran does so, which is obviously America escalates back. Simply not declaring war outright does not significantly change much besides hastening a process that no one seems to have an articulation for how it will now cease.
The official NSC statement said that Iran will take revenge in "appropriate time" so they might be trying to deescalate.
Do you think they have total control of their proxies?

Status
Not open for further replies.