• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trump is a shitstain, but it's hard to be up in arms over this. The man was and was continuing to be a threat to U.S. forces and personnel abroad. He's responsible for many attacks against US citizens abroad.

I'm not sad he was taken out.
Oh damn the folks with the talking points are out

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Trump is a shitstain, but it's hard to be up in arms over this. The man was and was continuing to be a threat to U.S. forces and personnel abroad. He's responsible for many attacks against US citizens abroad.

White Solemanis killing brown Solemanis where is the difference and what is to be celebrated exactly ? The start of a new war is worth this?

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iran won't move directly against the US or its allies. They will use Hezbollah or other proxies which will trigger retaliation and civilian casualties. Expect to see a wave of violence through the Middle East as a result of this.
they could easily cripple saudi arabia and qatar with ballistic missiles. israel would probably also see direct violence if the US committed to a full attack.

guerilla action and terror strikes across the region (as well as the EU) would be widespread, sure, but they also have a large and well trained conventional military that's been preparing for an american assault since 79.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
How? ICBMs? Or after years of extended strikes, taking down the entire air defense, and moving in tens of thousands of troops?

Establish air superiority (they've got enough bases in the region). It won't take years. Completely blockade the country from the air, there's quite a few ways to cause collapse if you don't care much for civilian casualties.

Of course, after the country collapses the US will have no plan and we'll have another nightmare.

Mar 3, 2018
I just called to talk to my friend in Iran about this. He says everyone in his apartment complex has been awake since the news broke and have been talking about it. There's this uneasy feeling of dread amongst them. Obviously too early to say what Iran's response will be, since tensions are high. My friends worried that the supreme leader will retaliate in a really harsh way so he doesn't lose face amongst a his followers, and things will just keep escalating.

Deleted member 6645

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hard to be up in arms over US personnel and innocents potentially getting killed in the coming weeks as a result of this action because a bad man was killed, you fucking genius.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't the Iranian Revolutionary Guard considered terrorists because of their funding organizations and what not? The US better have all the proof in the world that this embassy attack was done in the Iranan Commanders direction. Doing a fucking airstrike in a Iraqi airport is insane imo
They are considered a terrorist organization because Trump designated them as such in April. There is no oversight on that process.
This allows the president to legally kill anyone there.

Well, legally according to US law, this is in violation of international law, but who is gonna force the US to comply with that shit?

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is so emblematic of why the rest of the world hates Americans

some of y'all are GROWN adults having well lived through the 2000s and still spouting complete and utter nonsense.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I just called to talk to my friend in Iran about this. He says everyone in his apartment complex has been awake since the news broke and have been talking about it. There's this uneasy feeling of dread amongst them. Obviously too early to say what Iran's response will be, since tensions are high. My friends worried that the supreme leader will retaliate in a really harsh way so he doesn't lose face amongst a his followers, and things will just keep escalating.

any response is going to be lose-lose for everyone involved

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We bombed a civilian airport. We assassinated a foreign govt official at a major civilian transportation hub.

What the fuck dude.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
BBC Article is up:

Gen Soleimani was a major figure in the Iranian regime. His Quds Force reported directly to the country's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and he was hailed as a heroic national figure.

US President Donald Trump tweeted an image of the American flag after the news broke.

Global oil prices meanwhile soared more than 4% in the wake of the strike.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We killed an Iranian official on Iraqi soil because killing Iraqi people apparently wasn't enough. He's going to send the world further into hell before we kick him out.

Fucking christ

But you see...somebody wrote a memo saying we can't prosecute him while he's in office. We must leave it to partisan hacks to do the right thing. It's the American way.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Let me get this part right... he launched an airstrike at a fucking AIRPORT?!?

Tbf, the airport is large as hell, if im not incorrect, the U.S controls a part of it. https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...1fa00c515e0eda92!8m2!3d33.267015!4d44.2311592

If you look at the Google Maps link, if im not incorrect, our portion is the Southwest part.

In all honesty, Soleimani was ordering and coordinating the movements on the U.S Embassy in the city, a indication of just how much he was off-limits in terms of retaliation by U.S forces. In Syria, he personally visited and commanded forces fighting that were pro-Iranian throughout the conflict lifespan.

When I heard he was dead I was utterly shocked, simply cause as a follower of the Syrian Civil War, his name came up so much, including instances where he was reported to have been assassinated or killed, and when I heard about today, I didn't believe it but its true.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
While the man was an awful person the consequences of this attack will to years of violence in a region that has suffered already for decades. Many innocent people will die from this.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there bots in those tweet threads? Do any of you scroll through them carefully? You've got patterns in posting the same rhetoric. Even the usernames are ridiculous "JanDeplorable" "Dave deplorable" and even some left side stuff is repeated word for word by different accounts.

Social media scares the fuck outta me. Is any of this shit real.

I feel the same and I quickly just try to put it out of my head quickly after scrolling down a bit. It's too much of a mindfuck to delve into.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017

Understandable. You ought to be concerned over what this means though.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
White Solemanis killing brown Solemanis where is the difference and what is to be celebrated exactly ? The start of a new war is worth this?

Let's cool the WW3 talk, unless the US is invading Iran then Iran isn't waging all out war with the US. The far more pressing concern is US assests and policy goals specifically in Iraq. With such a brazen attack, Iran would be forced to initiate reprisals in Iraq. But, given that Iraq is already an Iranian proxy state, the thought of pushing Iraq further into Iranian hands isn't much a concern.

Instead, Iranian backed terrorism will likely only increase which could increase the possibility of war. But, it's not a certainty.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Predicting the fallout here is genuinely difficult because the regime is on thin ice with its people at the moment. Could go either way.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Yes, but it won't be a ground war.

They can bomb, but the U.S can end their air capability afterwards. Likely, like others have stated, they will launch terror and proxy attacks.

No need, bombing Iranian refineries, closing Iranian ports would damage Iran greatly.

I would not be so cavalier about the US's ability to establish air superiority without any sort of ground campaign in Iran. The Iranian military has spent decades preparing for this precise scenario with their investments in cruise missiles and ground-based, mobile anti-air defenses.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

some of y'all are GROWN adults having well lived through the 2000s and still spouting complete and utter nonsense.
It's crazy how it's the same dumb playbook, ran by pretty much the same exact people, and it's still working.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We can win a war with Iran we have bombs. It'll be just like Iraq. That ended quick right?

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
We bombed a civilian airport. We assassinated a foreign govt official at a major civilian transportation hub.

What the fuck dude.
Yeah you would think if the US was gonna assassinate someone in Iraq, it wouldn't be a airstrike in a public airport

They are considered a terrorist organization because Trump designated them as such in April. There is no oversight on that process.
This allows the president to legally kill anyone there.

Well, legally according to US law, this is in violation of international law, but who is gonna force the US to comply with that shit?

These days who's gonna hold any country responsible for their bullshit to be honest these days

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
when innocent civilians get killed we all need to raise our voice against any government...but let's not act like this guy doesn't deserve it.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
We can win a war with Iran we have bombs. It'll be just like Iraq. That ended quick right?

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

Cor

Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck dude.
You really gotta understand that some people here truly do not see foreign lives, and especially third world lives, as of even remotely equal worth to US lives.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbf, the airport is large as hell, if im not incorrect, the U.S controls a part of it. https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...1fa00c515e0eda92!8m2!3d33.267015!4d44.2311592

If you look at the Google Maps link, if im not incorrect, our portion is the Southwest part.

In all honesty, Soleimani was ordering and coordinating the movements on the U.S Embassy in the city, a indication of just how much he was off-limits in terms of retaliation by U.S forces. In Syria, he personally visited and commanded forces fighting that were pro-Iranian throughout the conflict lifespan.

When I heard he was dead I was utterly shocked, simply cause as a follower of the Syrian Civil War, his name came up so much, including instances where he was reported to have been assassinated or killed, and when I heard about today, I didn't believe it but its true.
He definitely overplayed his hand, always surprised me to see him on the ground, I wonder if his dead will weaken all the alliances that he had forged.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
they could easily cripple saudi arabia and qatar with ballistic missiles. israel would probably also see direct violence if the US committed to a full attack.

guerilla action and terror strikes across the region (as well as the EU) would be widespread, sure, but they also have a large and well trained conventional military that's been preparing for an american assault since 79.
Didn't Saudi Arabia's oil just get hit recently by a rocket.

Deleted member 15227

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. Qassam wasn't unpopular, at all.
I'm curious to see how far they'll go. The US can quite easily bomb Iran into submission, I the aftermath that's the problem.

Yeah, no. There's nothing easy about anything you've said; should educate yourself a bit more as it's really not that simple.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

Israel would love to bomb Iran and Lebanon so striking them is literally the best thing they could hope for.

While the man was an awful person the consequences of this attack will to years of violence in a region that has suffered already for decades. Many innocent people will die from this.

Yeah, im not mourning his death either. Absolutely this was a bad action, and I don't support it due to the consequences but he had it coming. On that note, U.S forces if they die, im not going to be upset about them, but I will blame Trump, hes the reason why they are dead. As for civilians, 100% innocents, there will be a high toll from this.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Has the Trump: "Obama will start a war with Iran to get reelected" tweet made it's appearance? Truly a tweet for all occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.