• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the preseason before it began to really spiral out of control nonetheless.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Lambo should've beat his ass right then and there. Then he would've had real "health reasons" to leave his team this time.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I mean yep...that's Urban Meyer. Nobody fails up further than he does. I'd be shocked if he makes it into next season. No way he keeps the locker room after all this.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah, I can't say precisely how I would react to that. Wouldn't be good, though.

Perturabo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean yep...that's Urban Meyer. Nobody fails up further than he does. I'd be shocked if he makes it into next season. No way he keeps the locker room after all this.
Weren't there reports he'd already lost it when he skipped a team meeting so he didnt need to explain the bar incident?

Oct 26, 2017
College football coaches are probably the worst people on the planet.

Most of them (Urban included) also suck ass at coaching football.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Weren't there reports he'd already lost it when he skipped a team meeting so he didnt need to explain the bar incident?
Yeah he's been super shitty. The whole bar incident, skipping the team flight after a loss, looking severely out of his depth and now this. He needs to go, because the Jags have decent talent, but he is going to ruin all of it.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This might go down as one of the worst seasons of head coaching in history right up there with Bobby Petrino.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Jaguars lose to the Texans & Jets and then Meyer promptly gets fired

Nov 27, 2017
California
He's obviously done this before to college kids and because they aren't under contract/don't wanna hurt their chances for the nfl they don't speak out

fuck Meyer

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if he's hurting his reputation so much with this stuff that it'll keep top college programs from hiring him after he gets fired this year.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
The funny part is the media was thirsting for this earlier. Even though the team sucked the first 3-4 games he didn't give the media much and their horniness for this being a toxic situation was starting to subside.

Then the bar shit happened. And from there it's been worse than anyone could have thought. Their was probably cracks people could see locally. But now you have the QB essentially calling him out for not playing their best running back. He doesn't know his own players snap counts. I mean it's just a mess. I'd love to see Khan try to fire him for cause with this.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! Building character traits of a true leader right here. Can't deal with the kicks from your boss? Get the fuck out of my sport you goddamn sissy.

Why do people think "building character" means being a total asshole to someone else just because.
My former boss replied: "I thought you could take it, you look tough" when I asked her to stop being so aggressive with her way of talking with me. She would act like a discount version of Jonah Jameson and yell at me in the goddamn office.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Building character traits of a true leader right here. Can't deal with the kicks from your boss? Get the fuck out of my sport you goddamn sissy.

Why do people think "building character" means being a total asshole to someone else just because.
My former boss replied: "I thought you could take it, you look tough" when I asked her to stop being so aggressive with her way of talking with me. She would act like a discount version of Jonah Jameson and yell at me in the goddamn office.

A culture raised on toxic masculinity

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I won't be surprised if Jags fires Meyer after the season.

After this season, they need to fire him now. There's 4 games left. What good does leaving him as coach do? They're not making the playoffs, they're looking at a top two pick (could be one again if the Lions fuck up and win a game or two), they're going nowhere with him a coach.

Why continue to pay him?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That kind of attitude is pretty prevalent in football sadly. I bet you'll find loads of people who don't have a problem with this and others with stories of coaches doing shit just as bad and worse. It really is a toxic environment, and they indoctrinate these guys to take it as young as junior high.

Completely out of line.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Where's that Urban Myer to USC thread? I lol'd at that whole thread because it wasn't happening. He has had his run and it's a done deal for him.