• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
Here's the relevant part, since some people might not want to give UploadVR a click:

The full statement sent to us reads as follows:

On Thursday, March 21 at 12:45 pm, representatives from Valve are scheduled to give a presentation on the Steam platform in West Hall 2011 during this year's GDC. Topics will include a global market analysis, information on the coming multi platform networking APIs, a first look at new features and updates, and more.​

https://uploadvr.com/valve-steam-gdc-updates/

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exciting. Valve need to do better job publicizing everything they are doing.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I'm curious about the multi-platform network API. Valve doesn't have a single game on current-gen consoles or mobile (unless you want to be generous and include X360 BC on the X1), but Source being ported to Linux was said to be a "stepping stone to mobile" way back when.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'm curious about the multi-platform network API. Valve doesn't have a single game on current-gen consoles or mobile (unless you want to be generous and include X360 BC on the X1), but Source being ported to Linux was said to be a "stepping stone to mobile" way back when.
Isn't there a rumor that Valve is adding Xbox live support directly into the client?

Might be related to that.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile Epic at GDC

tenor.gif

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
The fact that Valve went and contacted UploadVR about the event makes me hopeful we'll see updated VR technology sprinkled in with all the other Steam news.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Hopefully part of their 'market updates' includes an improved Dev cut to respond to competition from EGS. That'll certainly go down well at GDC

Last edited:

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that part of this is crossplay initiatives and integration of Xbox Live at least, given Master Chief Collection's store page.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i really hope they give us a potential timetable on some of the UI stuff. Even if it's just a "by the end of this year".

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully with these 3rd party network things like Xbox Live I can just sign in once and tie it to steam under a general account page and never again. I don't want to sign into a different service every time I boot up a game.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Valve are ready to show off some pretty good stuff! I wish they did this sort of thing more often...

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Maybe gamepass will be coming to Steam? Honestly the moves Microsoft have been making lately, I think that makes sense.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe gamepass will be coming to Steam? Honestly the moves Microsoft have been making lately, I think that makes sense.

Wouldn't be a big suprise considering how open Valve is to everything. Adding support for so much stuff that isn't created by them, things that are straight up in competition to their stuff.

OP
OP
crimsonheadGCN

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ

I think it'll happen. Microsoft won't be able to convince every developer to sign up for the Windows Store, so team up with Valve and find a way to make GamePass work with Steam. I think we'll also see Microsoft approaching other storefronts after this to do the same.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I think it'll happen. Microsoft won't be able to convince every developer to sign up for the Windows Store, so team up with Valve and find a way to make GamePass work with Steam. I think we'll also see Microsoft approaching other storefronts after this to do the same.

Honestly...do they need other storefronts after steam? Origin won't let them have their games on it. Maybe uplay?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
So curious for what they will talk about. There are a lot of possibilities considering the amount of things they have cooking.
This years GDC should be quite amusing