• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Beta Combee matches the artwork they released before

g9ZonoD.jpg

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Beta Carnivine and Probopass feel more like something a early copy leaker would draw to convey their interpretation of a blurry model or sprite.

Last edited:

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Guys, when was that last big Nintendo leak? Wasn't it from a couple months ago? Do we have a thread on that one? (Not talking about the SM64 source code link, but I thought there was another huge leak before this one with design documents, etc.)

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Oh my goodness. This is one of those threads where we have more than 20 threadmarks...

Guys, when was that last big Nintendo leak? Wasn't it from a couple months ago? Do we have a thread on that one? (Not talking about the SM64 source code link, but I thought there was another huge leak before this one with design documents, etc.)

That was the May 2020 leak.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Ah, found a video showing off the OOT Beta Link voice I'm hoping gets found: I always preferred how this sounded over the final one and I just hope it's there in uncompressed glory

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
We might be getting something after all?

Skelux is a SM64 modder, Super Mario Star Road being his most well-known ROM hack. Wonder if Kaze will take a crack at this too.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I don't know how studios typically preserve and archive shipped content and old repositories. I can't imagine all of these titles having their source sitting together in some server (accessible on the internet, why?). But then again this was typical for the early years, the carelessness right? Does Nintendo really keep archived repositories online? Or was this an insider leak from a social engineering vector?

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
I don't know how studios typically preserve and archive shipped content and old repositories. I can't imagine all of these titles having their source sitting together in some server (accessible on the internet, why?). But then again this was typical for the early years, the carelessness right? Does Nintendo really keep archived repositories online? Or was this an insider leak from a social engineering vector?
It seems like this is related to iQue ports, at least the N64 stuff. So all these files had to be transferred outside.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's all related to BroadOn and iQue.

For anyone curious, BroadOn was an engineering company that worked closely with Nintendo on software and hardware. Many of BroadOn's employees were formally from SGI who worked on the N64's silicon graphics. BroadOn's original name is IGware, the founder of of the company is Wei Yen, who also founded ArtX. Wei Yen was also the co-founder of iQue. The company worked closely with Nintendo for generations, most notably, helped with hardware for the N64 and Gamecube, and Nintendo liked their contributions so much they partnered with them to make the iQue player for China as China was moving to banning video games.

After the Gamecube era they continued to work with Nintendo and worked on their online services on the Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS. BroadOn would later be purchased and merged with Acer, and the current name of the company is Acer Cloud Technology.

IGware went through several names btw. IGware, Routerfree, BroadOn, and then after being purchased, Acer Cloud Technology.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Man, this is going to be one of those threads that hits legendary status. So many cool things keep on getting posted.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Knowing the exact days SM64 began and concluded development is so crazy to me.

Ed0XS9yU8AAQ4Fy

It's so minor, but it's info I never thought we'd have.