• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Man if this is solely due to backlash they have set a dangerous precedent.
Also this way of handling it is about as anti consumer as it gets. Either simply add Detroit on top of the other two or let people choose.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
What you're saying makes no sense at all. Sony announces a game for ps plus and AFTER they realize there is a licensing issue? I can't believe Sony would be that incompetent.

What you're implying makes even less sense. Sony removes a game from PS+ because of some phantom fan outcry? People have different opinions on PS+ EVERY MONTH. Now all of a sudden they are reacting to so-called "fan outcry"? Fan outcry from who? Fifty people on ResetEra? What you are saying makes no sense at all.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really happy Detroit is included; been holding off buying it but can't wait to play it now!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There's a precedent here, in 2017 they gave Just Cause 3 to US, but not Brazil (usually the games are the same). People complained a lot, and they gave JC 3 in the next month in addition to the other offerings.

This month GWG gave us The Maw (again) in the place of SOTN :(
The Just Cause 3 situation was a bit different though. The US and South America got different games, but JC3 was accidentally available for a few hours on SA as well. So, next month they gave the US what we got on August and we got Just Cause 3, causing both regions to miss out on Child of Light that was offered in Europe. This is straight up changing the games before they're available.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What you're implying makes even less sense. Sony removes a game from PS+ because of some phantom fan outcry? People have different opinions on PS+ EVERY MONTH. Now all of a sudden they are reacting to so-called "fan outcry"? Fan outcry from who? Fifty people on ResetEra? What you are saying makes no sense at all.
Fifty people? We're on page 21 of this thread and a majority of the posts are people complaining about the original game selection. And it's not just resetera. Go to Twitter, other forums, gaming websites, etc. A lot of people were upset with the original games.

People have complained about the games in the past, but NOTHING like this month.

Your opinion that it had to do with licensing made no sense at all. What I'm saying is much more plausible. Hopefully Sony will come out and admit why they've changed the games at the last minute.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
This is a bummer. I was looking forward to PES. I already played Detroit (which is great by the way), but yeah, pretty disappointing they took away PES.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Fifty people? We're on page 21 of this thread and a majority of the posts are people complaining about the original game selection. And it's not just resetera. Go to Twitter, other forums, gaming websites, etc. A lot of people were upset with the original games.

People have complained about the games in the past, but NOTHING like this month.

Your opinion that it had to do with licensing made no sense at all. What I'm saying is much more plausible. Hopefully Sony will come out and admit why they've changed the games at the last minute.

Again, if it were about fan reaction they would have - as I said - simply ADDED Detroit to the lineup. They would not have REMOVED a game in place of another due to fan reaction. Your story, again, makes no sense.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Again, if it were about fan reaction they would have - as I said - simply ADDED Detroit to the lineup. They would not have REMOVED a game in place of another due to fan reaction. Your story, again, makes no sense.
And set the precedent of including three ps4 games? Nope! They probably thought this was a good compromise. Remove the game people were complaining about and add a more popular game. This makes good sense. Your story, not so much.

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Was looking forward to PES but now back to yet another month of games I already own. Yay.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
And set the precedent of including three ps4 games? Nope! They probably thought this was a good compromise. Remove the game people were complaining about and add a more popular game. This makes good sense. Your story, not so much.

Guess what, they just gave away three games today. And people complain about every game, they don't go around changing them. Try making some semblance of a point.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
"We replaced a really good game with a garbage one" is a weird makegood if it was because of the backlash lol.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm glad they chose Detroit over PES. Although sorry for those that wanted that game.
Would have been better if they didn't do a last minute change though. If anything they should have saved Detroit for next month.
It's not like PES was their worst game they've offered from PS+

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guess what, they just gave away three games today. And people complain about every game, they don't go around changing them. Try making some semblance of a point.
Okay let's go with your theory that Sony was incompetent and announced a game that they didn't have the right to put on ps plus. Yeah, that makes Sony look much better

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
What a load of fucking horseshite, I was actually looking forward to finally having a football game as I've not bought one this gen, and my mates were looking forward to playing PES online. I've never actually been angry or annoyed with any game on PSPlus before, but this is an absolute dick move, whatever the reason. Do we know why? Is it Sony side, or Konami side?

crpj31

Dec 13, 2017
The last soccer game that I played was Fifa 2002 so I was kinda of excited to play PES... Well Horizon to me then...

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
bummer, i was looking forward to PES. the reaction to PES being included was horrible. not every month is going to have games you like. and if you don't like, why not try, for free? whatever

i'll take detroit though

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

I agree with you. I think people were made with sony all over the world since you have a lite version of PES already. Either that or EA came guns blazing because of Fifa.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Licensing issues are one hell of a drug. They will probably have Pes pop up once that is sorted.
Detroit is amazing, but was looking forward to more people experienceing the great game that is PES.

Oct 30, 2017
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw '80GB' download size for Detroit on the store page.

Thankfully, that seems to include Heavy Rain and all the extras, and the game itself is about half that in the download list.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Consider the dislikes on this YouTube video, I could see it being due to fan output. This was similar to how they changed State of Play's second episode after the input from the first episode

yup that could be a reason. Although a few other months recently (see May 2019) has even worse like/dislike.

But could be fans were unhappy, Sony noticed it and narrowed it down to PES 2019 being the reason. Then decided to change it due to fan outcry.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I have no insider info, but I wonder if one of the licenses (such as the Champions League or player associations) involved in PES might have a clause forbidding giving it away with a subscription service, and no-one realised it until after the announcement.

If this was just a make-good from Sony it would've surely been more effective to just throw Detroit on top rather than kicking PES out. Like, wouldn't that annoy Konami in normal circumstances?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am so, so happy I didn't buy Detroit when it was on sale. I have been on the edge with that game for a while now. PS+ keeps delivering for me.