• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Since Wattam is already posted, I guess the only other game in my list that's not mentioned here is Circadian City, which is a Sims-Earthbound/Mother-Stardew Valley mash it seems:

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
It's kind of... eternally upcoming, with no set release plans, but I'm really looking forward to Highfleet. It's a game by Constantin Koshutin, who previously made the game Hammerfight.

There's a lot of gifs and snippets of the game on the dev's Twitter account.

Plus he recently put up a pretty neat video demonstrating the ship-to-ship combat and how he approached its balancing.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very excited about this Cartoon Network x Borderlands/Destiny game called Relic Hunters Legend (which I've backed on Kickstarter after that brilliant animated short down below). I've been keeping up with the updates and it seems to be coming along nicely. Really can't wait for this!

Aug 28, 2019
I actually really need to get Refrain on Steam. I wishlisted it when it came out but NI's games seem to rarely get discounted to my comfort zone.

It's a really good game, if you can endure its emotional brutality. For what it's worth, it's huge. It took me about 70-80 hours to finish the main game, and another 60+ to finish the post-game and true ending (playing mostly on hard mode). It's pricey for sure, but it'll keep you busy for a long time.

I am really curious if Labyrinth of Galleria will be as dark as Refrain. It looks cute and harmless, but... well, so does Refrain.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Stay Out of the House on Steam

Can you escape the home of a cannibal serial killer? It's only a matter of time until you're dinner!

Playstation-era throwback horror game from Puppet Combo. Dev has several really cool games already on itch.io.

Followup to the killer NEO Scavenger set in the same universe.

store.steampowered.com

Necrobarista on Steam

In a back-alley cafe, the dead are granted one last night to mingle with the living. Necrobarista follows a dynamic and diverse cast of characters as they navigate Melbourne's hipstery coffee culture, the questionable ethics of necromancy, and the process of letting go.

Aussie take on the VN genre with fully 3D engine.

store.steampowered.com

Synther on Steam

Synther is an FPP simulation game with adventure-like, detective elements set in a futuristic, open world. The game is innovative and reminiscent of early 3D games and DOS applications.

Deus Ex circa 1997.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
wow so many games from this thread are going straight into my wishlist. Some already were.

For those with King's Field/ Ultima Underworld cravings:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Warlander- a fantasy take on MGS Revengeance

Arani- a hack'n'slash in the DMC mold based on Brazilian native mythos. It had a few intriguing trailers, but no Steam page yet

Beautiful Desolation- a post-apoc cRPG set in Africa

Scorn- the biopunk horror FPS where you play a skinless protagonist in an alien ship using sentient weapons to kill various monstrosities

-I was also pretty stoked about Lost Soul Aside before Sony got involved and we stopped hearing about a PC version.

Last edited:

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Not even currently anticipated AAA games make me as excited as Signalis. A retro sci-fi survival horror with eastern influences. Only bad thing is that it's probably still years away at this point.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone mention Sakuna of Rice and Ruin yet!?

Here's some gameplay from the Nintendo Treehouse at E3;

It was supposed to come out last year, but it was delayed till the end of this year. Supposedly it was so they could have the Switch version ready for launch, which I really hope is true. I think this game looks freaking amazing and I would love to play it on the Switch at launch.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Streets of Rage 4, which has been a title that I've been dreaming about since 1994. SoR2 is my favorite game of all-time, and SoR3 is in my top 5, so I'm really hoping this game delivers.

Freedom Planet 2. The first game was awesome, and the second one appears even more so, but it's definitely been baking in the oven for a while.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure Ys 9 will be another great one that will fly under most people's radars at launch.

Jul 24, 2018
Oh, right, also really excited for this one.
header.jpg

Oct 24, 2019
Deep Rest
Akai Noroi
Faceless
A Place for the Unwilling
Daymare: 1998
Lost Ember
Witchfire
Lust from Beyond
Project Wight
Atomic Heart
Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King
Lovecraft Tales
The Beast Inside
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York
Apparition
Bigfoot
Tale of Ronin
Osiris: New Dawn
Afterparty
Haven
Moons of Madness
HellSign
Pixel Noir
Spelunky 2
Super Meat Boy Forever
Hollow Knight: Silksong
El Hijo
The Peterson Case
Decay of Logos
Little Devil Inside
Somerville
Yaga
Beautiful Desolation
Inkulinati
Unholy
Mistover
Hazelnut Bastille
The Pathless
Silver Chains
Sand is the Soul
Kynseed
Neon Abyss
Those Who Remain
World of Horror
Eastward
Waking
In the Valley of Gods
Tunic
Kingdom of Night
My Eyes on You
This is the Zodiac Speaking
Griftlands
Some Day You'll Return
Strangeland
Follia – Dear Father
This Land is My Land
Iron Danger
Mosaic
The Good Life
The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature
A Juggler's Tale
Beyond Blue
The Sojourn
Hot Lava
Spirit of the North
Eldest Souls
Stela
Death Trash
Röki
Carrion
The Siege and the Sandfox
Savage: Road to Darkness
Noita
The Last Campfire
Firmament
Cyber Shadow
Kova
Little Misfortune
Kaze and the Wild Masks
Lost Words: Beyond the Page
ANNO: Mutationem
Metamorphosis
Lunacy: Saint Rhodes
Scarf
Freja and the False Prophecy
Flynn: Son of Crimson
Unformed
The Shattering
Pamela
HP Lovecraft's The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
Genesis Noir
Kunai
DARQ
The Lost Pisces
Sonder.
Twin Soul
Once Upon a Coma
Bitter Tides
Transient
Solar Ash Kingdom
Bramble: The Mountain King
Abducted
Aida
DISTANT
Fleish & Cherry in Crazy Hotel
The Diary of Arthur Gilman
A Fold Apart
Children of Silentown

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's a really good game, if you can endure its emotional brutality. For what it's worth, it's huge. It took me about 70-80 hours to finish the main game, and another 60+ to finish the post-game and true ending (playing mostly on hard mode). It's pricey for sure, but it'll keep you busy for a long time.

I am really curious if Labyrinth of Galleria will be as dark as Refrain. It looks cute and harmless, but... well, so does Refrain.
Gonna settle on the start of next year to buy it for the remaining winter months. Love Wizardry-type games and particularly anime style ones like Etrian Odyssey and Refrain. Side note, I'm also pissed that NIS hasn't put the Witch and the Hundred Knight series on PC yet.
---
Wanted to give the game Welcome To Elk (by TripleTopping) some love since I just came across it thanks to this video from Rock Paper Shotgun covering some must watches from EGX. The below vid is linked to the timecode where Welcome To Elk is talked about but I encourage the watching of the rest of the vid for other games that might strike your fancy:

Eurogamer Article

I assume RPS featured this at the end because of how much more layered the game is than traditional indie fare. Seems very poignant and powerful and I want to make a point not to let it slip past my mind come release which is hopefully next year but they can take as much time with it as they'd like.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I really wanna play Americana Dawn, but if it does happen at all, it'll probably be several years away. Last update was in September 2018 saying that the main dev had medical issues but wasn't giving up on finishing it. I believe last time I took a deep look, the others who worked on it hadn't done anything for it in a long time.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really wanna play Americana Dawn, but if it does happen at all, it'll probably be several years away. Last update was in September 2018 saying that the main dev had medical issues but wasn't giving up on finishing it. I believe last time I took a deep look, the others who worked on it hadn't done anything for it in a long time.

Wow that ogre battle nostalgia coming from that video!

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I was all about Cris Tales from the minute it was announced and its demo was very promising.

Yeah, this is one of my most anticipated too. It looks so good!

I am really excited for Cross Code. I know it has been out on PC for a while but waiting for PS4 or Switch release. Any news on that? That game could become something similar to Hollow Knight, that just blew up once it released on consoles, even though being out for a while on PC.
Same here.
Edit:
They are probably waiting to finish the extra story content now that NG+ is out (and I think there's still some sidequests to finish? Haven't checked out the game since the before the last update with new quests), and you most assuredly want to wait for that - ending is easily the weakest part of the (amazingly awesome) game at the moment. The team regularly streams development at https://www.twitch.tv/radicalfishgames
Oh cool, missed this in regards to Cross Code.

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin. A 2D beat em up where you also own a rice farm. It's borderline Vanillaware in everything other than the art style.
Hell yeah. The wait's been long lol.

Last edited:

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
I am really excited for Cross Code. I know it has been out on PC for a while but waiting for PS4 or Switch release. Any news on that? That game could become something similar to Hollow Knight, that just blew up once it released on consoles, even though being out for a while on PC.

My most anticipated game! I read on their Twitter feed that 2019 release now look unlikely for Switch, but they're hoping for an Early 2020 release date.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Freedom Planet 2. Surely it'll be a hidden gem whenever that is coming out right!?!?! It was announced in 2015 and in hindsight, the announcement should have been two or three years later since development has been taking quite a while. Still looks great though.
Oh wow, yeah. The old trailer has had me excited for that for ages.

Also Sparklight. I didn't even hear about it until I got an email from Signature Edition Games

sigedition-packshot.jpg

Good one. Got this preordered on Amazon, they should have done a US limited edition too heh.

Summer in Mara

Deiland was a cool little game but it was a little lacking in a bunch of areas. From what I have seen of this it feels like they learned a lot and it looks so adorable.

Neat! Really nice art style.

Aug 28, 2019
Does anyone know what's going on with Lords of Xulima 2? Supposedly they were going to start on it after They Are Billions was finished. Haven't heard anything else.

If you're a fan of traditional roleplaying games, get Lords of Xulima. It's really good. It blends a lot of influences together, so I can't say it's exactly like this or that, but it feels a lot like the early Might and Magic titles. The press largely ignored it, and to this day it hardly gets any recognition.

TAB on the other hand seems to be a press and streamer darling. Maybe they'll just keep making more of those.

(yes, you can run on the map screen.)

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
i guess it's not exactly a hidden gem since it's by a well known dev, but i'm very excited for creaks by amanita design.

This is what I came to post. Even though Amanita design are quite well known, I never see people talk about Creaks. It looks so good! I'm convinced it will deliver, after having enjoyed Machinarium so much.

I will say I'm surprised the Steam Store still says it's coming in 2019. I don't see it happening, tbh. Feels exactly like Katana Zero's sitiuation last year in that regard.

Also excited for Twelve Minutes

Aug 28, 2019
Oh, here's one that I actually have info on. Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, which has been out on PS3 for ages but is finally coming to PC. It was due out already, actually, but there was some behind-the-scenes nonsense that held it up. Supposedly it'll be here in January. I only played the demo of this on PS3, but it's Wizardry, pure and simple. I'm looking forward to it.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Knuckle Sandwich

Originally planned to release this year, but looks like it will slip into mid-2020.
teygzipzwhmkm3xuayi5.gif

332d4eb6d48059920a1429551ae660a2_original.gif

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Currently Afterparty and Phoenix Point off the top of of my head. I hope Game Pass keeps surprising with the day and date releases.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Oh, here's one that I actually have info on. Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, which has been out on PS3 for ages but is finally coming to PC. It was due out already, actually, but there was some behind-the-scenes nonsense that held it up. Supposedly it'll be here in January. I only played the demo of this on PS3, but it's Wizardry, pure and simple. I'm looking forward to it.

It's a great game and I had a really good time with it. It's old school Wizardry though, and that is definitely not for everyone lol.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gonna settle on the start of next year to buy it for the remaining winter months. Love Wizardry-type games and particularly anime style ones like Etrian Odyssey and Refrain. Side note, I'm also pissed that NIS hasn't put the Witch and the Hundred Knight series on PC yet.
---
Wanted to give the game Welcome To Elk (by TripleTopping) some love since I just came across it thanks to this video from Rock Paper Shotgun covering some must watches from EGX. The below vid is linked to the timecode where Welcome To Elk is talked about but I encourage the watching of the rest of the vid for other games that might strike your fancy:

Eurogamer Article

I assume RPS featured this at the end because of how much more layered the game is than traditional indie fare. Seems very poignant and powerful and I want to make a point not to let it slip past my mind come release which is hopefully next year but they can take as much time with it as they'd like.

Couldn't make it to EGX this time but Welcome To Elk and Röki look dope!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
... This thread has more awesome games than I'm ever gonna play. Someone wanna give me a few million dollars so I can get to work?

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I could name a ton that are not named here yet, but I think without linking a video its probably pointless.

Maximum Action looks like an awesome indie FPS.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Pedestrian.

Here's the kickstarter trailer from 2 years ago, but the game has massively improve since then.

The devs are planning for a Jan 2020 release and they are planning to release a teaser trailer soon

Also Blue Omen Operation. It seems to be a Mario & Luigi inspired RPG game that I'm keeping an eye for as well

Last edited: