• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's give some love to upcoming smaller games who deserve some attention. Please tell us why you are excited as well!

I found out about Disco Elysium only because of this board and it it one of the best games i played this year.

Dec 23, 2017

Artstyle is fantastic and looks really cozy to play.

Again, another interesting looking game with a great artstyle.

PC/VR Open world game with online elements. Beta was rough, but hopefully they can fix the issues.

A VR game with physics. VR + Physics = greatness.

Honorable Mentions:

www.kickstarter.com

Zenith: The Cyberpunk MMO For VR and Desktop

Start your life as a legendary hero in a dynamic, player driven MMO inspired by your favorite JRPGs and Anime. (For VR and PC)

Very excited for these! Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin. A 2D beat em up where you also own a rice farm. It's borderline Vanillaware in everything other than the art style.

OP
OP
MickZan

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am really excited for Cross Code. I know it has been out on PC for a while but waiting for PS4 or Switch release. Any news on that? That game could become something similar to Hollow Knight, that just blew up once it released on consoles, even though being out for a while on PC.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about "really excited" but Moving Out looks to be everything the party game that Overcooked was.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

I put around 50 hours in to the beta alone and I can't wait for the full release nov 5. Planet Zoo seems to be Frontiers passion project, using the mechanical things they've learned from Planet Coaster and putting every bit of animal animations and behavior from Jurassic World in to their new game.

They''ve been also really forthcoming with feedback, so much they're adding a extra game mode in there because of it.

OP
OP
MickZan

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I put around 50 hours in to the beta alone and I can't wait for the full release nov 5. Planet Zoo seems to be Frontiers passion project, using the mechanical things they've learned from Planet Coaster and putting every bit of animal animations and behavior from Jurassic World in to their new game.

They''ve been also really forthcoming with feedback, so much they're adding a extra game mode in there because of it.

These are the guys that made the original Rollercoaster Tycoon?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Prodeus. With the arrival of this, Doom Eternal and Doom 64, 2020 will be the year of Rip & Tear.

Oct 28, 2017
Picontier, if it ever releases. Sort of a mashup of farming sim/adventure rpg with the wacky atmosphere of the Mother (Earthbound) series and made by the people who made Kamiko and Fairune.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
for next year there is a bunch, for 2019 still I'd say Superliminal

Afterparty too, though that isnt that much ''hidden''

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch.

Unfortunately it seems to be so well hidden that even Nintendo isn't able to find it :(

OP
OP
MickZan

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch.

Unfortunately it seems to be so well hidden that even Nintendo isn't able to find it :(

I believe that will come right about when we see Metroid Prime 4 for the first time. My prediction is it will also either shadow drop or only be a month wait at the most.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Close to now, Afterparty, loved Oxenfree, and it plays similar, I will most likely love it.
I already have it preordered thanks to the egs sale thing.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm curious to hear more about Mineko's Night Market. The art direction and characters look really charming, and I'm all for laid back, Animal Crossing-style gameplay with some exploration, gathering and sales sim thrown in.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Demon's Tilt, the dark mixture of pinball and shoot 'em up with terrific graphics and soundtrack that's coming to Game Pass later this year.

demons-tilt-1.jpg

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
A sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker was confirmed on Owlcats own twitch stream a few weeks ago, Im super excited by that. The first game had some trouble at launch, but it was still a stellar first effort. Hoping for a massively improved sequel to an already great game.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
store.steampowered.com

FIGHT KNIGHT on Steam

FIGHT KNIGHT is a first-person dungeon-brawler! Grid-based dungeon crawling meets action-packed real time enemy encounters. Fight your way through puzzles and enemies to save those trapped in the Tower's eternal night!
store.steampowered.com

Cathedral on Steam

Make your way through more than 600 rooms, and unravel the secrets of your past by finding the five elemental orbs. Cathedral features a vast world, meant for exploring!

Later has already been released but it's rock solid

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bug Fables, the closest we'll get to a new Paper Mario game that's reminiscent of the first two games

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I came here today to start a thread with a similar question, but it may belong in this thread instead:

I'm trying to compile a list of upcoming sort of "AA" titles. Ones that aren't top-tier necessarily, but also aren't really hidden gems?

Examples would be Scavengers, Outriders and (maybe) New World.

Any others you guys can think of? I dunno, maybe it needs it's own thread as it's a bit different from Hidden Gems per se.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Boneworks.

It's pushing the boundaries of gaming more than any other (revealed) title right now. Yes, that includes the likes of Cyberpunk, Last of Us Part II.

Oct 27, 2017
Huge fan of Size Five Games (Time Gentlemen Please, The Swindle) and hoping Lair of the Clockwork God manages to nail the platforming / point-and-click combo.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Here's a couple kickstarters that I backed that could seemingly end up releasin next year:

I have faith in them, even if they are taking their sweet time. It's been more than 5 years for both of them.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i guess it's not exactly a hidden gem since it's by a well known dev, but i'm very excited for creaks by amanita design.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I'm hoping for good things from Liege.

It's a Kickstarter game that has been in development for ages by one person. He hasn't updated much but he's been very active in the comments. From the sound of things there's been a lot of changes and he's hoping to re-reveal it and get back to regular updates this year. I'm a bit skeptical after all these years, but I suppose we'll know for sure how it's coming along if we see something concrete in the next couple months. If not I'll probably have to brush it off as vaporware.