• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Backseat modding and antagonizing other members over a series of threads
At some point people ought to get warned for simply posting "EGS = no buy" in every thread regarding games announced as exclusive on Epic's store. Like, it's okay not to post. It's like posting "PS = no buy" on a TLOU thread.

OT, this looks like an interesting horror title. I do like it when time travelling goes awry.

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this Unreal Development Grant they speak of in their press release. I assume that is what is tying this game to the EGS? If so, I guess I wouldn't be quite as up in arms about it being an exclusive for the store if they more or less helped to fund the game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering why this game felt/sounded familiar and I guess that's because of a Gematsu article from 2017.

Also the highly aniticpiated indie darling thing just sounds "off" as well as the success on EGS, since it sounds like the game is already out and did well and if so why "up-comming"?

I just have so many questions, from the looks of it when some people first heard of the game (this is before the EGS stuff) they were put off with it since it mainly seemed to be a walking simulator

Okay so rereading it I guess they are saying that having the game on RGS shows Epics willingness to have indie games on there and supporting them

You are putting way too much thought into what is obviously just meant to be an eye catching press release. It's from a PR firm.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Indie darling? First I hear of it, and it's Epic exclusive which means I'll continue to ignore it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this Unreal Development Grant they speak of in their press release. I assume that is what is tying this game to the EGS? If so, I guess I wouldn't be quite as up in arms about it being an exclusive for the store if they more or less helped to fund the game.
More like having to pay less royalties to Epic for using UE. Doubt they funded the development of the game.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
At some point people ought to get warned for simply posting "EGS = no buy" in every thread regarding games announced as exclusive on Epic's store. Like, it's okay not to post. It's like posting "PS = no buy" on a TLOU thread.

OT, this looks like an interesting horror title. I do like it when time travelling goes awry.

Backseat modding I see.
Funny to see how it's the people lying coming to defend EGS at every turn.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of it, but good luck with EGS. I wont be playing it as long as it has this exclusivity nonsense on an inferior store front. I MIGHT have considered buying on EGS if the store had exact feature parity with Steam for consumers but even then buying up exclusives like this does nothing but harms the market. As it stands, why should I spend money to use a storefront that lacks many consumer features without any benefits, it is just Epic using Fortnite money to remove games from the normal gamestore marketplace....

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017