• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The trailer:

Experience the next thrilling evolution of Battle Royale multiplayer action games set in the cult classic Vampire: The Masquerade universe where vampire sects are at war across the streets and rooftops of Prague. Choose your playstyle, go solo or together, battling rivals and the hostile Entity who's hellbent on exterminating all vampires. Use your supernatural powers, weapons and blood to become stronger in order to hunt, fight and survive the night. The game is scheduled for release in the later half of 2021.

And it seems that this is a newborn studio:
https://www.sharkmob.com
(Project Description on the website)
A THRILLING TAKE ON A
CULT CLASSIC IP

We have mentioned some time ago that we are working on a cult classic IP. We can now proudly say that it is a game set in the Vampire the Masquerade universe.

Originally a pen and paper roleplaying game it is a franchise that has shaped and influenced pop-culture since the 90's. With strong roots and a firm grasp of the RPG genre we now embrace an additional audience with the introduction of an evolved Battle Royale experience.

The game is scheduled for release in late 2021 and if you want to stay up to date feel free to join the Sharkmob social media channels.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I like how the IP goes ignored for years then suddenly there's 19363927 projects coming out based on it and the only one people actually seem to care about is mismanaged and sinking.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always down for BR and this looks like it'll be interesting. Hopefully the actual gunplay feels good.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Ehhhhhhhh.

I prefer a more gothic horror vibe. Bloodlines was great because I still felt powerless/fearful at times. Not sure if this is what I wanted.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
That is a very long thread title.

Also, not a hugely interesting project to me, and holy hell, at the World of Darkness stuff Paradox is trying to pump out. I feel like that's not the best move for trying to establish, or re-establish rather, an IP.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
That is a very long thread title.

Also, not a hugely interesting project to me, and holy hell, at the World of Darkness stuff Paradox is trying to pump out. I feel like that's not the best move for trying to establish, or re-establish rather, an IP.
Lmao, I always try to put as much information as possible in the title.

And about the World of Darkness, I agree, there were what? 2 or 3 games already?
They should have waited for Bloodlines 2 to release first, those games are coming out and people just ignore.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Lmao, I always try to put as much information as possible in the title.

And about the World of Darkness, I agree, there were what? 2 or 3 games already?
They should have waited for Bloodlines 2 to release first, those games are coming out and people just ignore.

There's been two Vampire visual novels that have been out, Bloodlines 2, that other RPG I forget the name of that's supposed to come out next year. Then that Werewolf action game coming out in February.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I've been replaying VTM:B and have been on a World of Darkness kick thanks to it. I'm kinda glad we're getting more from the series. I really want another Hunter: The Reckoning title personally.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I like how the IP goes ignored for years then suddenly there's 19363927 projects coming out based on it and the only one people actually seem to care about is mismanaged and sinking.

While mostly true, people shouldn't sleep on Coteries and Shadows of New York. Both are really good visual novels.

As for the game in the OP, a WoD Battle Royale wouldn't be my first choice for a game.. but eh, see how it goes.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Where exactly did you read it's isometric? I highly doubt it.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really confused?

It sounds like a multiplayer battle royale game based on the description. 'Solo or co-op' just sounds like modes of play within a multiplayer space. Maybe I'm mistaken but the word 'battle royale' has fairly strong connotations to the battle royale genre.

Tencent also own Sharkmob, and I've always got the impression that their studio was working on online multiplayer focused games. That would make sense as Tencent rarely acquire studios working on singleplayer titles.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Battle Royale? Ugh. That's exactly what I don't want from this IP. I'll wait to see more but this seems like a weird choice to me.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
how does paradox fund all these WoD projects but then their flagship WoD title seems to be underfunded mess?

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
We really need an Assassins creed BattleRoyale. Like big crowds social stealth running across rooftops shit. Vampire would be a good genre to attempt this.

Werewolf vs Vampire Battle Royale.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
It's a bit weird seing so many WoD projects being released or in the works after so many years, tbh. I'm glad about it, but i also fear about this games' quality; so far, Coteries and Shadows of New York are good VNs, though.

Hm. I think i'm abit biased by how bad Bloodlines 2 seems to be progressing.