• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
This seems to have generated a lot more buzz than any other Indie game recently so i wanted to make a review thread.
Turns out playing as an asshole Goose is fun.

Watch out (Link). Goose is loose.

Metacritic

Platforms:
PC (EGS Exc.) : https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/untitled-goose-game/home
Nintendo Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/untitled-goose-game-switch/

20$ but launch price is 15$.

Current Metascore (Switch) : 81

IGN 8/10

Video games have made me a god, a superhero, and a savior of planets, but rarely have I felt more powerful than in Untitled Goose Game. Being given control of this feathered menace and armed with a checklist of hilarious, dickish tasks to complete is some of the most fun I've had with a game all year. My only real complaint is its fairly short runtime – I would have gladly spent hours longer goosing around. But even still, the charming design of its world and the clever challenges within it had me laughing, smiling, and eagerly honking the whole way through.

Destructoid 8.5/10
It may be brief, but Untitled Goose Game is worth taking a gander at. With its clever puzzle structure, charming art direction, and a soundtrack rife with Gershwin influence, it's an absolutely grand way to spend an afternoon.

Videogamer 8/10
Untitled Goose Game encapsulates the pleasure in poking fun without ever turning nasty. And you're a goose, which is great.

God is a Geek 8.5/10
A lovely small package of fun. Being this naughty has never felt this good.

Eurogamer (Reccomended)
Slapstick gaming at its silliest, Untitled Goose Game delivers brilliantly on its premise.

Gamespot 8/10
The important thing is that Untitled Goose Game is a hoot. It's a comedy game that focuses on making the act of playing it funny, rather than simply being a game that features jokes. Wishing that it was longer speaks to how much fun I had with it. There's nothing else quite like Untitled Goose Game; it's charming and cute despite being mean, and both very silly and very clever. It's also probably the best non-racing game ever to feature a dedicated "honk" button.

Polygon (No Score)
The game has a knowing charm that benefits from its roughness. Yes, there's not a lot to do, but that is, in some way, the point. Plenty of other games are burdened by busy work. And yeah, this one's a little busted and repetitive at times, but it's also the first game that I can remember that lets me solve problems (or cause them) as a goose. Not an assassin or a spy or a killer. A goose.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I'm on the fence because I'm worried it's gonna be a one note gimmick stretched way too thin ala octodad

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
duLo6n3.png

No need to thank me.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a no-brainer at 25% off at launch too. Looking forward to playing it.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Seems fun, but a bit short! I might wait for a deeper sale esp given how busy this month is

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

• You won't find more pure whimsy in a 2019 game.
  • Puzzles strike a delightful balance between tricky and fair, all while letting players reset and retry in a "Super Meat Boy meets point-and-click puzzlers" way; we've really never seen anything like it.
  • House House's knack for lively, cel-shaded characters looks marvelous in action and nothing like cheap Flash animation (meaning, don't be fooled by the screenshots, which already look colorful and inviting).
  • Dedicated buttons for honking (which affects gameplay) and flapping your wings (which doesn't).

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
This video sold me on the game.

There's so much releasing right now so it's not a Day 1 purchase, but I will be checking it out soon.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
I heard about 3 hours but apparently IGN said 1.5 so /shrug

It seems to vary quite a bit from reviewer to reviewer. GameXplain review says 3-4 hours. Arlo (who seems to be more of a experimental, "soak-it-all-in" gamer than an objective rusher) says about 5.

It seems like there are a substantial number of post-game objectives though and the puzzles can apparently can be solved in a number of different ways, so this definitely isn't a "once you complete the main story you've seen it all" kind of game.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with a 3 to 5 hour game anyways. It means I will finish it.

I have Untitled Goose Game, Link's Awakening, and an iPhone 11 Pro waiting for me when I get home from work.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I heard about 3 hours but apparently IGN said 1.5 so /shrug
Definitely some variance from the reviews so far - IGN said 90 minutes, Ars Technica say 5 hours, others are somewhere in-between.

I've got to admit, as someone who tends to move through games pretty quick (Not because I'm skipping things, just because I've been playing games for a long time) this is a turn off. I don't need a big game, but I feel like it'll be over in a single sitting, and I'll be dissapointed.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
in the OT someone said it took them about the same time as Gato Roboto and Gris. Both those games took me about 4 horus to finish and they were the perfect length for what they were, so im hoping this is the same.