• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
3-4 hours for the type of game it is sounds about right. Will probably day 1, launch discount is too nice to pass.

Funny story about launch discounts, I know it's a total marketing move... but they work. Case in point, I didn't get Puzzle Quest because it has no discount. Theres no difference between getting it now or getting it when I would actually play it so I didn't.

Here's the kicker tho... between Zelda and now Goose and whatever else (DQ11 next week and Ori...), I bet a few weeks will pass and then I'll move to "well now I might aswell wait for a sale" mode, and if the game had even just 10% discount, I probably would have gotten it.

Like I said it's all marketing tricks but they totally work /shrug
Yup. Between the launch coupon for Queen's Wish: The Conquerer, and UGG's discount, I had the same realisation. They're an excellent push.

Looking forward to playing

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Never realized the title of the game was actually untitled goose game, i figured it was a placeholder

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
I feel like this game is a deep meta-commentary about how players are assholes.

I control the Goose to do asshole-like things, does that make me an asshole? Or am I merely checking off my to-do list?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm wondering what the trigger is for

the farmer to take off his hat. I've been watching this guy pottering about the garden for some time and only seen him take it off once. Can't figure out how I managed it though.

Sep 14, 2019
posting this highly relevant illustration i made -
F46-AD216-BD5-C-4-E1-B-8823-9-F442-F2595-E9.jpg

Haha, Love it!

Can't wait to get this HONKing game!

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
They just clarified in a tweet this morning that when they said 9 AM (your local time), they meant 9 AM PDT.

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honking is great and all, but can you give the NPCs a good ol' nip? Love the idea of this game, but a true goose is more chaser than chased!

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
stylish Untitled Goose Game t-shirt: on
Nintendo account: sufficiently funded probably
my children: excited to see goose

Oct 28, 2017
First impression after an hour of play; on a technical level it seems fine. Granted, I don't have that much of an eagleeye, but the performance seems good.

Game looks great too. What I really like is the use of music. Everytime the Goose starts to approach someone, music starts, as in anticipation of what the Goose will do. Especially when you do something dickish the music turns into a tune thats comparable to the music you'd hear in British slapstick bits.

Gameplay is stealth-like. Sure you can honk all the day long, but that will attract attention. You have a list of things that need to be crossed off. So the idea is to complete these to advance. So that means nicking stuff while people aren't looking or bait people into following you, leaving other items behind so you can take those, or just annoy people.

For example, the second checklist;

Involves chasing a boy into a telephone booth, which crosses one item of your list. If you keep scaring him, he will call the elektronics store and the owner comes out.

This gives you the chance to run into the store, flick the switch and get your face on the tv, another item on your to do list.

There is another mean one, but I'll let you find it out by yourself.

This game wants you to be the biggest asshole possible. And its hilarious.
Thanks for the impression, it sounds good, glad it seems to live up to what everyone wanted!

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
*breaths in*

HONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONK

So when do reviews drop? Metacritic is still empty.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the visual design is so fucking good. it draws in onlookers like nobody's business.

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
*breaths in*

HONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONK

So when do reviews drop? Metacritic is still empty.
30 minutes...
it's been out all day in Australia and us Aussie media can't publish because of global launch embargo :/

the link isn't live yet, but in 27 minutes you can check out my review at this link because it's 1.30am and I need to sleep :(

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
How many reviews will end (or maybe start) with

"Untitled Goose Game is worth a gander."

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Geese have serrated teeth on their tongues. And they've always hissed at and chased my wife and I when trying to feed the ducks.

Buying.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
Finally showing available for me online for switch but it is at 19.99 USD. are we not getting the discount?