• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

A nice look at how Weta works with the Unreal engine and a realtime short they produced.

The short starts at 3:45

I don't think they mention on what kind of hardware this is running but those sure are some impressive realtime graphics.

Edit: nevermind, they actually mention it

I heard the last guy saying nvidia 3090.
Impressive.

Last edited:

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Saw that some days ago too, really impressive R&D indeed, it bodes well for the future. I just can't stand working with an offline renderer anymore when I see what modern real-time tech is capable of. Unreal 5 may be huge for movies and series.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I've seen Unreal Engine namechecked in the credits of a film before. I cannot for the life of me remember which one though.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
It's good to remember that the final shot is rendered with quite bit higher quality than the one seen in viewport. (Similar to Gran Turismo camera with its accumulation buffer method.)