• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
There you have it folks, detail being brought in off the SSD as the camera angle moves around became RAM can't store everything they need without the fast SSD. Remember PS5 has twice the IO speed as XSX does. Of course it will have an impact on how far you can push graphics when they really are being pushed.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This is actually the first time I've been really impressed by the advancement in graphics.

Broman1978

Nov 11, 2017
Is this a Sony/Epic-parterned video? Just Wondering as they just talking about the PS5 and not Xbox S X or PC?

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Platform warring, account in junior phase
OMG WindowsCentral posting that XSX 2-3 more TFLOPS will make it far better xD (even if its just 1.8 TFLOP and having at the same time a way worse I/O, SSD, and split RAM pool resulting in effective PS4 Pro /Xbox One X bandwidth), just shows how deperate fanboys can be :D

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Bear in mind of course that other engines will be able to do the same sorts of things. We're going to see a lot of stuff like this.

Diminishing returns, my ass.

NEXT-GEN, BITCHES!!!

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Seems more like a major version update of UE4 than a huge rewrite justifying going up a level. I suppose "UE5" is great for marketing, though.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive demo, and it's going to make people pissed off when they see actual games on the next gen consoles are not matching this at launch.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The landscape looked amazing, i think i have had my first next-gen tingle, the previous PS5 game that was shown wasn't my thing.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Really mind-blowing stuff. Can't wait to see what studios do with this.
Diminishing returns, hold that L.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who has only recently started sculpting in zBrush and had a lick at keeping in mind the number of polys etc. this is really impressive. It also means the barrier of entry is much lower to create really amazing graphics I suppose?

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a 3D artist that uses offline renderers like RenderMan and Arnold I felt like "what's the point" of having to wait minutes/hours for a render when I could just do my work in this engine now.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really liked the escape sequence at the end but the rest didn't blow me away.

Hopefully companies will make more use of UE4/UE5 next gen. They're great engines. The first UE5 game is going to be exciting.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
41a8lx.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
If this is any indication of what games will look like on next gen, this is going to be quite a step forward in graphics. Lol @ ign article saying to lower expectations and diminishing returns. I was never a believer in diminishing returns, and this proves it.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit! This is what I was expecting, everything just have a stupid level of quality.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of stuff I had in mind when I kept saying smart people will figure out crazy stuff with the improved hardware while people were yelling "we already have SSDs in PCs"

anyone saying that sort of thing was always being short-sighted. yeah, most PCs have SSDs (and a small minority even have fast NVMe drives), but every game on the planet is still designed to run off a 5400rpm console drive. if every game can assume NVMe drive speeds, they can do a whole lot of shit they've never been able to.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No triangle costs?

Welp time to throwaway all my offline renderers.

Although they keep mentioning PS5 is this vindication for how PS5s SSD will lead to better graphics....the way they are streaming in triangles would only be possible with PS5s high I/O?

If they are just constantly mention PS5 because of a marketing deal then thats some bull shit....makes it seems like Unreal Engine 5 can only be fully utilized by the PS5.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many developers can afford to make their game look that good, and how this will help smaller devs making more graphically impressive games.

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive tech, little to no gameplay or even interaction. Now do environment-destructive battle royale or something in this.

I think it was Kinda Funny recently asking if the PS5 is behind. From this demo, doesn't seem like it.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see uncompressed footage. The stream looked compressed AF and still looked amazing

This is the kind of stuff I had in mind when I kept saying smart people will figure out crazy stuff with the improved hardware while people were yelling "we already have SSDs in PCs"
Exactly!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing and UE4 has been a gift this gen. So high hope for this one now we are talking

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No baking maps is huge.
Like they said in the video, this is a game changer for artists. Still need to see the receipts though.