• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there it is. All that hype over an engine. I'm not even mad, just somehow bored already.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This is huge. Also means, since it's 2021 when we see games, that next gen will be a long one. I'm predicting 9 years

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the first "next-gen" thing I've seen so far. Can't wait to see next-gen consoles running this!

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
These ultra compressed "4K" videos are a really poor way to show off next-gen. Why is the compression so bad? I don't think YouTube is the culprit here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Epic have always been godly when it comes to tech demos and stuff like this.

I'm so hyped

Fifstar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm team diminishing returns, but if games look like that I'll gladly eat crow. Looks amazing.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any mention of raytracing here?

Very nice lighting and details though. Animation was bad to mediocre but that probably doesn't have to do with engine quality.

Mar 3, 2018
Looks great.. Very impressive.

Is it safe to safe, with the amount of detail involved as these technologies progress, that game development is just going to take longer and longer? Cant imagine how much time they are going to need to make assets and whatnot for big open world games on next gen consoles.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing. Glad we still have sliding between the crack loading screens though! Hopefully more crate pushing and teamwork ledge boosting!

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
This was pretty wow.

The virtualised geometry made me think of just-in-time geometry delivery from storage. I mean with that asset quality, that data size, I'm guessing storage throughput counts for something. And maybe that's why PS5 was chosen to demo this? I wonder what the IO requirements are anyway.

edit - Tim Sweeney basically immediately honed in on storage... so I'm guessing this was indeed a key thing here.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Summer of overhyping announcements. If it continues like this everyone is going to be fatigued before we get to the good stuff.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The demo was amazing and a good way to show of what the new consoles can do. I wonder why Microsoft didn't show a tech demo.