• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Link Here:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

oHsgbgd.png

Unofficial ResetEra Discord OT
Hello and welcome to the Unofficial ResetEra Discord (URED) OT! The same discord where thousands of community members came together to build this site is now your go-to place to hang out, play games, compete in tournaments, win prizes, and discover new communities!

URED's administrators and moderators have a similar philosophy to the staff of this site. We want to create a comfortable, welcoming place where we can all come together to play and talk about video games. Hate speech, harassment, transphobia, homophobia, and racism will not be tolerated. Please don't hesitate to message or @ one of our moderators if you see something questionable.

jNvJDNp.png
Every Friday URED will facilitate a multiplayer event through Twitch (Twitch.tv/UnofficialResetEra) during which those in the discord could win a giveaway. These will mostly be games that a large number of people can participate in and are conducive to fun and a relaxed environment.

Once a month, URED will host a tournament using a competitive game that can be streamed on twitch or multi-twitch. We'll post the game at the start of the month and users can sign up and coordinate times. The winner(s) will have their name or team name posted here.

Game suggestions will be pulled from this thread and the discord. Users in the discord can then vote on which game they would like to see that week.

gFWJ6nv.png

This discord would not exist without dozens of small communities coming together. We would like to have a community spotlight featuring an Era community every month in which members of that community talk about why you should join! If you are interested in having your community featured here, please PM me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many of you may already be members of URED, but for those that aren't please PM me asking for an invite and we'll be sure to get you in.
If you have any suggestions to make URED better, please post them in the 'discord suggestions' channel, or PM me.

Come party with us!

4mjx68bsvu.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Benton Quest

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Also, if you have a favorite Jackbox game. Please post it here or in the discord. We haven't decided which one to go with yet. Current favs are the T-shirt one and Fibbage.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Indeed. Come join us if you haven't! While this forum is our home, we still discuss a whole bunch of smaller topics on Discord.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fibbage is preferred on my end. Sending a PM for an invite to the server!

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
So, Jackbox is at 5 PM... on what day? Today? Is the plan for the weekly games to always be on Wednesday?

Sentry

Vigilant Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody we will be starting Jackbox Party Pack 3 in 15Mins

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for organising this, was fun! I don't understand why I wasn't seeing the join codes in the #general channel in discord though :/

OP
OP
Dr. Benton Quest

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for organising this, was fun! I don't understand why I wasn't seeing the join codes in the #general channel in discord though :/
Me either, next time I'll just PM people who can't see them.

Had a blast guys. Thanks to everyone who showed up.

Qistoptier won Wolf 2. Damn it.

JK I like that guy.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I lost by like 10 points and I now think that game is the worst. Ok I lied it was super fun.

Can't wait for another game night was a lot of fun.

Sentry

Vigilant Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Had a great time watching you guys fumble through the questions 10/10 would watch again

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
What's the deal with getting proper access? I got an invite on Saturday. I immediately followed the instructions in the #welcome channel. I'm still waiting for approval.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
What the hell is discord anyway? Created an account when the new forum was only there, but I couldn't join anything to even have an idea of what it looked like or how it works.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a noob

What is discord exactly? is it like Tinychat?

What the hell is discord anyway? Created an account when the new forum was only there, but I couldn't join anything to even have an idea of what it looked like or how it works.
It's Slack but for communities. Basically a version of IRC or Teamspeak that's not horrible and ancient. You join a server by getting invited or clicking on a link, and then you can get into text or voice rooms on said server. There's also personal messaging like Skype where you don't join a server but chat with people through a friendlist.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Great stuff, everyone come join us! We need to breathe a little more life into the ol' dog.