• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
RUiFKGF.png
Amazing.

You might can do that for the height too.

I've thought about bringing that up the other day for height, but I've been wrong enough in these threads to just give up, lol.
Hey that's my mockup :D
My understanding is that the PS5 is rectangular from the side. I could be wrong but they haven't shown the side and back view yet so it's all guessing haha
Anyway here's my side view render lol

UAyFhuG.png
Nice. Now...this looks really close.

Thin n long vs short n fat.

Last edited:

Ombala

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First this is not official, second what's the point of those fins? They add alot of extra height.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
That is so huge i hope it helps with it being silent, if not what a waste of space...

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
If you look at the Sony-sourced image on the left they add about 5-7mm tops.

As opposed to the fan render on the right, where they're sticking up like a raised trenchcoat collar:
fwiw, the OP's photo likely isn't rendered. It's a visual perspective thing due to the fins in front sticking out a fair bit (not upwards mind you, but outwards).
The side view in the OP is a bit skewed though due to the fact he based it on a incorrect height from the perspective given.

Below is a snapshot taken at 1:23 of the reveal as an example.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
My tv bench is currently placed at an angle in a corner, so i have a pretty good well ventilated are behind it will my ps5 will live there,hidden, unseen, until the ps6 rolls around.

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
fwiw, the OP's photo likely isn't rendered. It's a visual perspective thing due to the fins in front sticking out a fair bit (not upwards mind you, but outwards).
The side view in the OP is a bit skewed though due to the fact he based it on a incorrect height from the perspective given.

I dunno what to think now, except that there's one company who can put all this to rest and just show and tell us what size it is. Some people are going to need to do some real sweet talking to get this if they need to change TV cabinet as well.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Console size memes will always be hilarious to me. What is not hilarious that I am going to have to get a new TV bench if those measurements from IGN are correct.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
This shit feels like looking at a Simpsons character from the front. Feels so wrong. And illegal lol jk.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
There has got to be some circular indentation on the side for that stand I would assume. When it was put on its side there was this coaster looking thing under it.
It's the same stand as the vertical one. The stand itself is indented for vertical, and wavy for horizontal. There's no need for an indentation on the console itself, the wave form of the stand cancels that out.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't figure out how I'm going to fit this into my entertainment centre. This and the Series X are going to be a pain.
Prob end up having them propped on either side, on the damn floor haha. Not ideal with kids running about.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Hey that's my mockup :D
My understanding is that the PS5 is rectangular from the side. I could be wrong but they haven't shown the side and back view yet so it's all guessing haha
Anyway here's my side view render lol

UAyFhuG.png
THIS is the one ppl, and it's like I've have estimated previosly by various study on perspective and similar 3D object and the result were that PS5 is 23-25cm wide, and the image of Arex is 24cm wide, so it fits (nice job btw ^^ ).

EDIT: Please Ehoavash add Arex image in the OP because the one you posted is totally wrong, thanks.

This is an image I've done days ago for the other misurements, I've added the first PS3 too so yeah, those are the PS5 misurements:

Play-Station-5-Comparison-v2.png

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shit man, my media center looks so sleek with my Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, LG Oled, and blacked out Micro ATX PC. This monstrosity is going to throw everything off.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
I think people are exaggerating the fins in renders to deliberately make it seem uglier than it is. (Ok now time to take off my tin foil hat.)

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

kUmCKtL.png

If you look at the Sony-sourced image on the left they add about 5-7mm tops.

As opposed to the fan render on the right, where they're sticking up like a raised trenchcoat collar:
cdGuTZR.png

The top render/image is most likely taken with a ~35-50mm lens, and the bottom one is taken with ~200-300mm lens. That's why the top one is more distorted and the fins more pronounced. I can reproduce the same result with my mockup :P

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't believe how much better the Series X looks, and at the time that was revealed I thought that looked bad

Hopefully the PS5 gets a slim/redesign within a few years

How long did it take the PS4 Slim to release?

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sony should come out with the real sizes asap, this is getting out of control.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
That some big boy indeed. I hope that it allows for a silent cooling system at least.

What worries me the most is that no matter what way you look at it, it seems to stand on a precarious balance.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Sony should come out with the real sizes asap, this is getting out of control.

This is limited to a tiny, insignificant fraction of a single percentage of the entire gaming audience. In the grand scheme of things this is doing nothing to slow down the PS5's momentum.

Anyways, they've got TLOU2 dropping this week, I imagine they'll stay quiet on additional PS5 news to let the game shine without distraction. Since we're looking at a 1 month separation between TLOU2 and GoT maybe we'll get some more news in 2 weeks right between them? We know a teardown is planned so maybe that'll drop with more info as well.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
That some big boy indeed. I hope that it allows for a silent cooling system at least.

What worries me the most is that no matter what way you look at it, it seems to stand on a precarious balance.
I wonder how cat proof it is when it lies flat on its base.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
The Amazon.fr page revealed huge sizes anyways:

Height: 47.6 cm
Width: 38.2 cm
Depth: 12.6 cm

VS 15.1x15.1x30.1 for the Series X

PS5 weights 4.78kg and SX weights 4.45kg
Well, at least I was not far away with predicted 5 kgs of weight :D
But yeah, 47 cm is a bit big? Are those packaging dimensions maybe?

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Really big no question, but i think form factor is much better in real world when deciding where to place it than xsx