• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I didn't know this. Is this on the psblog, an interview, etc?

if you are talking about a horizontal tv stand being at least sold if not needed. They definitely intend the use of a stand which lifts the system a bit probably for cooling reasons along with due to the curved design. Don't think we've seen anything about the actual height of the stand though.
TFaCIRM.png

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
if you are talking about a horizontal tv stand being at least sold if not needed. They definitely intend the use of a stand which lifts the system a bit probably for cooling reasons long with due to the curved design. Don't think we've seen anything about the actual height of the stand though.
Where is this pic from?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a lot of the size is just the white plastic. Wonder if there's a reason why it sticks up so far past the neck

Gif

Dec 20, 2019
remember when we thought the series X was way too bigg!

if this render is accurate, hail the MS panos team - more powerful console in a much much smaller box

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
Right now I'm just thankful for my TV stand. No way I could have know buying the one with open air class shelves was the best choice I could make (for both systems).

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
not according to some magazines
perspective, how does it work

edit: to come across as less of an ass, the angle that triggered a lot of people with the size of the collar, is this.

from a ground perspective looking up. but if you look at it from a normal direct side view as shown in the post you quoted a few back, its barely an issue

and what is this reaction anyway, "not according to some magazines" so you are saying "some magazines" are more accurate in their info than direct sony renders? wut?

Last edited:

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
When I want to make an account in another region, can I just put "PlayStation 5" as the address?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Why don't they just release proper pictures and specs, let someone let DF have a look inside as well? They don't want proper size comparisons done yet clearly.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

lol, oh you know...
perspective, how does it work

edit: to come across as less as an ass, the angle that triggered a lot of people with the size of the collar, is this. from a ground perspective looking up. but if you look at it from a normal direct side view as shown in the post you quoted a few back, its barely an issue.
Mockup in OP:

Screenshot_2020-06-17_at_00.58.35.png

Real thing:

Screenshot_2020-06-17_at_00.58.50.png

Shit isn't even close.

Omg... I mean it looked obvious to me and some others it wasn't close to accurate.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
It looks like a case of perspective with the OP's photo. The perspective at 1:25 is definitely about the same as the OP's one.

Also the front fins give the impression of it being bigger than it looks/smaller than it looks in certain shots. Lower the shot the higher the look, higher the shot the lower it looks.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Let me dig my Cinema4D license and I'll try to (badly) make one too. I have so much free time in my hands lately!