• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Unless it's official, it's kind of pointless.

Just like the AMD Xbox Series X render that caused a bunch of outlets to rush and post articles with false information.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
🎵 If you could see it from the front, wait 'til you see it from the
side, side, side, side, side (wait 'til you see it from the)
side, side, yeah, side, side, side (wait 'til you see it from the)
side, side, side, side, side (wait 'til you see it from the)
If you could see it from the front, wait 'til you see it from the side 🎵

lmao.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this hardware is really growing on me. I know it isn't official but I would be happy if it resembles the final product.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So about 2 XSX ducktaped together?

XSX is like two gamecubes taped together.
PS4 is two XSXs taped together.

dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's that deep.

Also ps5 fits in my media unit on it's side, series x won't.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if accurate but see below for PS5?

The console reportedly measures 15.1cm x 15.1cm x 30.1cm and weighs 4.45kg/9.8lbs

Note: Xbox SX measurements seem to be in cm while everything else is in inches.

edit: 5.94 x 5.94 x 11.85 inch (if I converted it correctly lol)
They're guessing.
Using the disc drive as a point of reference, we estimated the PS5 to have the rough dimensions of 15.74" x 8.79" x 3.97".

Sony will eventually release stats

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I think I sorta expect (on the real one, not fan-fiction) there to be some kind of notch or "thing" for the stand to clip into, or something just there to help it hold it more securely when in the horizontal orientation.

Dec 31, 2017
You know your engineers dun goofed when your console is less powerful yet bigger than the competition.

Also, have they said how you are supposed to access the m2 slot for the extra nvme SSD?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this, it kinda seems like this render is close, if not entirely accurate.

uaTzXkR.gif

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm going to have to get a horizontal stand for this thing...the PS4 Pro I have is barely small enough to fit vertically on my tv stand...
depth wise should be fine though

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You know your engineers dun goofed when your console is less powerful yet bigger than the competition.

Eh, I don't really subscribe to this personally. If there's a reason for the size (ie cooling/bigger, quieter fans) then I'd take that any day over my nice and thin PS4 that sounds like a jet engine.

Bigger fans are quieter. I'll take that. Slot the PS5 into my entertainment centre and never really think about it again. I think about the noise every time I use my PS4.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I wasn't sure if the XSX would fit height-wise in my TV stand, now I'm not sure the PS5 will fit length-wise.
To get good airflow it looks like both consoles will have to be places behind either side of my TV.

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I don't really subscribe to this personally. If there's a reason for the size (ie cooling/bigger, quieter fans) then I'd take that any day over my nice and thin PS4 that sounds like a jet engine.

Bigger fans are quieter. I'll take that. Slot the PS5 into my entertainment centre and never really think about it again. I think about the noise every time I use my PS4.

This is how I feel really. I like the design of both boxes but this upcoming gen I'm far more interested in a quiet console than a tiny one.

Aardvarken

Dec 28, 2019
IMO this render seems more accurate. Though it's just too soon to fully compare the 2 sizes based on the info we have now

youtu.be

Playstation 5 3D Mockup Turntable Render

Updated here: https://youtu.be/83weQ4q7sbM Not official render. I just tried to reconstruct the PS5 from available images. They haven't provided the side, ba...

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
IMO this render seems more accurate. Though it's just too soon to fully compare the 2 sizes based on the info we have now

youtu.be

Playstation 5 3D Mockup Turntable Render

Updated here: https://youtu.be/83weQ4q7sbM Not official render. I just tried to reconstruct the PS5 from available images. They haven't provided the side, ba...
Yeah this seems more accurate. With the image in the OP the side panels look way bigger than on the official ones.