• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
yea and some are saying ava might be the darkling since she wasn't present in the epilogue but who knows Nomura loves playing chess with the fan base
D0zPHiaU4AASvDo.jpg

I feel like the darkling could be the girl Isa and Axel was talking about? I don't exactly know who that person is I haven't really seen the theories that much.... Ava or Skuld?
Also holding a star...... nameless star?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
What the shit the secret ending and future of the series is the motherfucking cover art lmao.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it keeps up like this, this thread will be the longest thread in the history of resetera...oh god
The woman portrayal in videogames thread is at its second thread, it'll difficult to beat it.

Hahahaha. I take it none of you have ever seen any of the sports threads over in EtcetEra Hangouts before...

gaCKA51.png

And not I use 100 posts per page, so yeah, that's a 1000 page thread just for the current basketball season.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
So there is

Anti-Sora
Anti-Riku
Anti-Black Coat
Anti-Aqua

Has anybody ever asked nomura what the prefix actually denotes?

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Might as well had this in the background. :P

Kind of sad that KH2 felt like a more fitting end to a long saga in a way.

Yea I cant agree with the last thing you said more. I played through the whole series this past year and even knowing the ending of 1 it made me cry just due to how much shit these characters go through to be together and then cant be at the end.

Than 2 has such a wonderful ending scene, that feels so earned for all these characters and sanctuary playing over it, made me cry to. It feels so earned and then KH3 just feels like another episode in a series and not the finale we have been waiting years for.

The problem I think just being theres so much left unanswered at the end and characters in shitty places, that it really just feels like a part of a story and not an end

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Might as well had this in the background. :P

Kind of sad that KH2 felt like a more fitting end to a long saga in a way.
It's funny how nostalgic this tune is now considering we never get to go back to Destiny Islands to explore it again.

Would be cool if the next installment or 4 had a tutorial where it was just you playing with everyone from the KH3 ending as a throwback to the original.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I wish they could of expanded more on the day before the final battle. Playable sunset destiny islands just dicking around doing a small throwback quest to KH1 with the Re:com music.

I would've drowned in nostalgia tears.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, but where is the announcement for the OST? I need the whole bgm that plays during the organization XIII trio's reunion..

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's actually not that hard. Lol when you CONTINUOUSLY use very vague words as terminology in a game... the lore will take a hit. I still think most people are confused on what a "heart" even really is.

Well I mean, in KH1, Sora stabs himself in the chest to free Kairi's heart at the expense of his own.

In the ending of BBS, Terra, in a moment of control, stabs himself in the chest to lock Xehanort out of his heart

In the DDS opening I think, Xehanort stabbed Braig in the chest to release his heart

But the Pirates' world, Vexen is bitching that they were chasing the wrong type heart. You know, the organ usually found in the chest?

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No it was MX, a video of everglow shown that in Japanese Terranort is using the pronouns that MX uses most of the time to refer to himself.

But I mean the point still stands. A chest was stabbed and it affected something related to the heart.

In KH1 the plot of Halloween Town begins with Jack looking for a heart to animate the Heartless. Dr. Finkelstein creates a heart and it looks like what the actual organ looks like.

Also in KH1, Ansem-Riku stabs Malificent in the chest to open her heart to darkness and turn into a dragon.

Like.... it's clearly implied that they were using the same heart for its physical purpose and its metaphorical symbolism

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't help but think they fucked up that bit. Roxas and Ven are in opposite places.
I don't think that they messed it up. This is a reminiscent of the time when Ventus and Young Lea played together. Also I'm pretty sure they did it intentional to show that everyone gets along and are friends with each other. Because before we barely see they interact with others outside of their respective group (e.g.: pathfinder-trio, seaalt-quartett)
Yeah, the ending is pretty hilarious. No one aside from Kairi seems to give a fuck that Sora is dead. Ultimate frisbee is more important.
I myself actually find that they handled it well. After tragedies, there's still always time to celebrate peace. Also we don't know how much time passed from sora's "death" to beach party. Also in real-life it's not uncommon to through parties after one person passed away. It's a form of mourning, but also a form to thank and for celebrating the person.

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yea I cant agree with the last thing you said more. I played through the whole series this past year and even knowing the ending of 1 it made me cry just due to how much shit these characters go through to be together and then cant be at the end.

Than 2 has such a wonderful ending scene, that feels so earned for all these characters and sanctuary playing over it, made me cry to. It feels so earned and then KH3 just feels like another episode in a series and not the finale we have been waiting years for.

The problem I think just being theres so much left unanswered at the end and characters in shitty places, that it really just feels like a part of a story and not an end

There's nothing earned in II's ending. All the sacrifices are just hand waved and Sora and Riku get a magical door that just teleports them back to the place they've been trying to reach because....Well the game has to end I guess?

III's ending was properly set up even if it had some problems

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Shibuya in the secret ending had weird made up language written so it was clearly not the same Shibuya as TWEWY, even though it still has 104 in it.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Q: Please tell us the reason the command system is similar to the one in KH2.
A: Initially, there was the idea to have a command deck like in KH3D, but Nomura instructed us to base the system around the one in KH2. There's a sense of playfulness we adopted into the battle system that is unlike [those in] KH1 and KH2, but for this production I wanted the style to have a simple approach.
Based

Q: If there were any rejected ideas, please tell us about them.
A: The boss in Arendelle was initially meant to be a fortess-type Heartless that was enclosed in the palace walls. It was planned that Marshmallow would force back the fortress walls while Sora would use a dive attack to strike, but unfortunately the location (lit. "setting surface") was deemed "NG" (not good), and that boss was re-used as one of the gummi ship bosses.
This sounds much cooler than what we got. Disney was really restrictive on Frozen world... such a shame.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqqsqt

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Btw some other thing

Q: Are you not planning to release a "Final Mix", as has been customary for the KH series until now?
A: There aren't any plans for a "Final Mix"-type package (sold separately). If I do make one, it would be in the form of DLC that included an English mode you could switch to. Additionally, we took recent player trends into account when we created the battles [for KH3], so we held back on the difficulty level, but there have been many requests to fight strong enemies, so I'm thinking that the priority would be on releasing a critical mode in the form of free DLC, and making the addition of strong enemies, the sort that would appear in a "Final Mix", paid DLC.

When he says "recent player trends" what does he mean exactly?

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing earned in II's ending. All the sacrifices are just hand waved and Sora and Riku get a magical door that just teleports them back to the place they've been trying to reach because....Well the game has to end I guess?

III's ending was properly set up even if it had some problems

Eh? Axel, roxas and namine as requested dead. DiZ is dead. The door to light opened at the end because of the power of love and friendship.

What's not to like?!?

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Shoot,

When I saw that Replika Riku's heart was with Riku, I wanted to see Riky Dual Weild...
Replika Riku got the short end of the stick, Poor him.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Eh? Axel, roxas and namine as requested dead. DiZ is dead. The door to light opened at the end because of the power of love and friendship.

What's not to like?!?

Characters dropping dead to force Sora into his happy ending is not what I call a good ending.

Thankfully the rest of the series focuses on how BS that all is

I'm much happier to live in a world were Sora paid his debt to all these people

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
probably means game difficulty in general is a lot easier/lenient compared to back in like PS2 days? There are obviously exceptions like Souls games, but I think he just means in causal.
Most gamers don't finish a game

Thanks what I thought so too but wasn't 100% sure..
Btw talking about Disney I also think they restricted the team in this matter too.
I mean..given the current trend if a player with the first small difficulty spike he faces, drops the game
then I can imagine Disney forcing the team to lower the difficulty in every level.
That way everyone can reach the BH6 world with no problems.
After this world the game definitely becomes harder, still pretty easy overall but you can at least feel the difference.

Last edited:

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Characters dropping dead to force Sora into his happy ending is not what I call a good ending.

Thankfully the rest of the series focuses on how BS that all is

I'm much happier to live in a world were Sora paid his debt to all these people

But those characters HAD to die, their existence (as according to the lore at that point) was more or less futile.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
But those characters HAD to die, their existence (as according to the lore at that point) was more or less futile.

They HAD to die for Sora. Even they know how fucked it all is that they don't get to live their lives because they have to die for him. Only Namine's like "welp, nothing I can do"

Sora realizing how BS it is and leaving his happy ending behind to go help them in Blank Points made him a far better hero in my eyes