• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Finished this a few days ago. But seeing this thread I just remembered - did they really just explain Ventus and Roxas looking the same with Axel saying "lol I just explained the plot to them"?

Are we supposed to know why they look the same? Does it even matter?

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Finished this a few days ago. But seeing this thread I just remembered - did they really just explain Ventus and Roxas looking the same with Axel saying "lol I just explained the plot to them"?

Are we supposed to know why they look the same? Does it even matter?

Yes. Ventus rested in Sora's heart after being torn apart during BBS. When Roxas was created, the presence of Ventus' heart affected his appearance, but nothing more. Aside from looks, they are 100% different people.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

KH III Ultimania: Saix rejoined the Organization to atone for what he did in the past. He drifted away from Axel and put Roxas through a lot because of his jealousy and displeasure, but vowed to do good for the sake of both Axel and Roxas.

Saix is confirmed to to be the traitor that was allied with Vexen.

Namine was born when Sora stabbed himself with Riku Keyblade in KH 1, the same act that created Roxas.

I know.

Nov 19, 2017

It still makes a lot of sense for Skuld to be the girl mentioned in the secret reports, but we can probably cool in on the Demyx = MoM stuff for now. :P

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So basically after Ansem and Xemnas were defeated both MX and Terra came back with the latters body norted again and his heart sealed in the Guardian.

Yes.

Here's a better translation:

Terra-Xehanort continued to exist by "taking Terra-Xehanort's heart from the past, and placing it into Terra's heartless body." Originally, Terra-Xehanort had been in a constant state of Terra's heart and Xehanort's heart fighting for leadership, with Terra's heart bouncing back and forth between his body and the monster that appeared behind Terra-Xehanort. When Ansem and Xemnas were slain, Terra's body was recompleted alongside Xehanort and Terra's heart was placed back inside the monster while Xehanort made his body a vessel again.
The monster is not Terra's Heartless, just where his heart had been trapped.

So Terra and MX came back once ASOD and Xemnas were defeated. Their hearts migrated to their original bodies.

I guess Xehanort re-norted Terra off-screen.

He literally put Past! Terra-Xehanort's heart into Terra's body and moved Terra's heart into Guardian as a cage.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Y'all are nuts if you think Eraqus' ancestor is anybody but Brain lol

He looks exactly like him

xDpCNcy_d.jpg

But he's not as cool as Skuld. : (

But you're most likely right.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Saix being the traitor was already hinted when it was implied to be him who invited Vexen back to the Organisation but nice to see it confirmed.

And the fact that Terranort and Old Man Xehanort both came back once Ansem/Xemnas were defeated finally makes the whole 'but h-h-how did they co-exist" thing makes sense.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Power of Waking in DDD: Use it to wake up Sora's comatose heart.

Power of Waking in KH3: Use it to create a singularity that will let you reload your save state and prepare for the boss.

I love Kingdom Hearts.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019

FUCK. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I KNEW HE WOULDN'T LET ME DOWN. (okay, well. i didn't know it. but i hoped it. ugh. so many anxieties cleansed.)

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I think the Final World being water and sea is just a coincidence but... Damn.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Last edited:

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
so glad he addressed/debunked the riku/namine situation. i was so afraid we'd just get a "are they? tee hee you'll have to wait and find out :-)" and i'd be sitting here sweating for the next x years until it finally did or didn't get addressed in-game. but now i'm just... siiiigh. i'm relaxed about something for a change. and it is a cool & awesome feeling.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
All the "well I could have explained that but then we would be stuck in the Dark Seeker saga for a few more years" responses.

I'm so mad. He had his platform to explain stuff for years and everytime there was some "I'm saving it for the next game". And when we reach the final game, he becomes uninterested in what he had been building up, focuses on another storyline and then comes up with this bs.