• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah I would expect stuff to be added within the confines of the main game. Doubt there's gonna be FFXV style "Episode: [insert character name]" DLC.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope the Ultimania explains how Roxas is still using two keyblades and how Xion's Keyblade stopped being a fake now that they're both no longer tied to Sora

Like I don't really care, but I'd like to hear an explanation

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hope the Ultimania explains how Roxas is still using two keyblades and how Xion's Keyblade stopped being a fake now that they're both no longer tied to Sora

Like I don't really care, but I'd like to hear an explanation
Nomura already answered why Roxas can duel-wield

BbS Ultimania said:
Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora's and Ventus' keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus' as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.

Roxas probably kept the ability in KH3

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That was when Roxas was a Nobody. He's a real boy now. He can't still be using Sora and Ventus' keyblade at the same time. I mean he could, but it would be dumb.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
The weird thing about Xions Keyblade is that its a Kingdom Key. Only two exist a Light(Sora) and Dark(Micky) but now she randomly has one as well so thats weird.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that Sora's keyblade since he was still sleepin?

Almost anyone can wield keyblades they just have to work towards summoning and have a strong will or something.
The only one who used that Keyblade while Sora was sleeping was Roxas. And even then, Roxas could still use that Keyblade when Sora was still awake. I believe one of the Ultimanias explained that Sora/Roxas's Keyblade was simultaneously existing in two places at the same time.

But back on the subject of Data Sora, Coded takes place between KH2 and 3D, so Sora wasn't asleep at the time.

Nov 19, 2017
I'm guessing he means the "They can take your heart" bit from Sora in the opening.
The entire opening dialogue is

They can take your world. They can take your heart. Cut you loose from all you know. But if it's your fate, then every step forward will always be a step closer to home.

The "cut you loose from all you know" bit is interesting, and makes me think of a theory I had that Sora loses the memory of all his friends (either the result of the power of waking abuse or the Reaper's game) and that'll be how he's depowered in KH4.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing he means the "They can take your heart" bit from Sora in the opening.
Then one step forward will always be a step closer to home, Sora!

😭
Evo21Dd.png

uEq1mPE.png

QnTj3Qq.png

VIuScTc.png

I think it refers to the end of the opening. The first two pictures are a little vague since they're ostensibly a variant of what happens in game, but I think the scene doubles as a metaphor for Sora pushing his powers beyond their limits -- something hinted at by a couple of people throughout the couse of KH3. After that, we get a shot of Young Xeanhort looking at Sora's lone piece on the chess board (KH3 end game).

What follows is a shot of Sora back in the Final World, albeit a much dark variant of it, Xeanhort's chess piece in hand. Up until now, I just took it as foreshadowing of the game's events, but with this new tidbit of information we've been provided there is some implication that this is where Sora ends up post game.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Meant this for the KH before KH4 thread at first, but realised the spoiler implications so....

I mean, there's a few ways we could go about a 'KH game before KH4' in a meaningful way.

From a 'backstory' perspective - I could see Nomura making a parallel game to Union Cross that's focused on the 5 New Union Leaders. Basically a game that tells of the 'ending' of UX where you play as the Union Leaders and have that story end at the point where they jumped into the new worldline to establish the 'backstory' for KH4.

From a 'we wanna do some random mildly inconsequetial-in-the-big-picture stuff to give KH4 even more setup', they could always do a Re:coded style game where... I dunno, maybe make Kairi/Donald/Goofy go on a short side-story adventure ala FFX-2 to do some context building to how Sora 'died', how Kairi came back, etc etc.

From a 'KH4 will be laser-focused on Sora/Riku, so we wanna make a side-story for the characters like Xion/Lea/Ven" to set their future story relevance, I guess we could see that too.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Meant this for the KH before KH4 thread at first, but realised the spoiler implications so....

I mean, there's a few ways we could go about a 'KH game before KH4' in a meaningful way.

From a 'backstory' perspective - I could see Nomura making a parallel game to Union Cross that's focused on the 5 New Union Leaders. Basically a game that tells of the 'ending' of UX where you play as the Union Leaders and have that story end at the point where they jumped into the new worldline to establish the 'backstory' for KH4.

From a 'we wanna do some random mildly inconsequetial-in-the-big-picture stuff to give KH4 even more setup', they could always do a Re:coded style game where... I dunno, maybe make Kairi/Donald/Goofy go on a short side-story adventure ala FFX-2 to do some context building to how Sora 'died', how Kairi came back, etc etc.

From a 'KH4 will be laser-focused on Sora/Riku, so we wanna make a side-story for the characters like Xion/Lea/Ven" to set their future story relevance, I guess we could see that too.
Could even simply be Union X remade into a console game. Kingdom Hearts but like set up like Diablo/Destiny/Warframe with missions and raids etc.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Evo21Dd.png

uEq1mPE.png

QnTj3Qq.png

VIuScTc.png

I think it refers to the end of the opening. The first two pictures are a little vague since they're ostensibly a variant of what happens in game, but I think the scene doubles as a metaphor for Sora pushing his powers beyond their limits -- something hinted at by a couple of people throughout the couse of KH3. After that, we get a shot of Young Xeanhort looking at Sora's lone piece on the chess board (KH3 end game).

What follows is a shot of Sora back in the Final World, albeit a much dark variant of it, Xeanhort's chess piece in hand. Up until now, I just took it as foreshadowing of the game's events, but with this new tidbit of information we've been provided there is some implication that this is where Sora ends up post game.

Either way... perhaps he ended up in Final World and comes out elsewhere (Shibuya).

No matter what, I believe in Sora ❤️ He will make it home.