• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So is anyone else thinking the next KH game is going to be Switch exclusive? Haven't read the whole thread (323 pages now) and am not sure if anyone else brought it up. Since every sequel to a numbered KH has been on a Nintendo platform and in the secret ending, Sora's in TWEWY which recently was rereleased on Switch. Also, those talks about how KH III couldn't be on Switch and how they wanted to do something with it (I think).

Any logic to this or am I just reaching?

At best it will be first on switch. Can't see them not wanting the sweet multiplat money they're getting now

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So is anyone else thinking the next KH game is going to be Switch exclusive? Haven't read the whole thread (323 pages now) and am not sure if anyone else brought it up. Since every sequel to a numbered KH has been on a Nintendo platform and in the secret ending, Sora's in TWEWY which recently was rereleased on Switch. Also, those talks about how KH III couldn't be on Switch and how they wanted to do something with it (I think).

I think after the complete ps4 collection, where they finally gather all the fanbase on 1 platform. Any future games will probably have at least a ps4 port.

Maybe TWEWY will have ps4 port, who knows.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Its sooo weird how all the Xehanorts and OrgXIII members are suddendly so friendly with Sora after being killed like they destroyed entire worlds and made millions of people into monsters (unless that was magically repaired but still)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

That would be baffling, especially after finally having them all available in at least one place.

Oct 25, 2017
Secondly, the days of multiple KH releases were very much contributed by the fact that there's multiple KH development teams. Those days are over, and SE Osaka is pretty much the sole KH team right now. The success of KH3, imo - defines a path forward to be more focused on mainline quality releases.

While this has been the case recently, I don't know that it will remain that way. They could easily get back to having multiple teams working on games gain. Especially since 3 is out now. I feel like one of the main reasons we haven't seen any other games recently is because kind of 3 was this bottleneck and you couldn't really have anything else coming out until it was done. There's no reason that they couldn't have some additional teams working on mid-tier KH games wile Osaka ramps up on 4.

So whose real names are still unknown? Demyx?

Luxord as well.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Union Cross is still a thing.

While this is true, KH3's use of X/Unchained/Union Cross stuff gives me the inclination that the series intends to spoon feed the mobile game stuff back to the console game fanbase. Ephemer being "???" and the fact everything from UX is presented as a mystery, even though if you've played UX or watched it, you know a lot more than KH3 acts like you do.

It's actually kind of intelligently done. It doesn't expect you to know that stuff at all.

Dr. Lou
And Demy

Book it.

Demy is on the money, because it fits the "eh fuck it" nature of Demyx's character and how the other Org members see him.

Luxord is definitely Rould. I think. Or maybe Lourd if they wanna be on the nose about it.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Union Cross is still a thing.

I actually think you can get by with Back Cover since it doesn't seem to expect you to know too much about Union X. Which may change later on. But even then its still less effort to jump into a F2P mobile game compared to a full release on another platform.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Everything UX-related in KH3 isn't treated with a 'you must get what's going on or else you're a pleb for not playing UX', but more so of a 'huh, why is this happening?' down to the journal listing Ephemer as ???, or even the Mysterious Girl X.

I mean, the reality is that the Secret Report has spoiled to us the ending of KHUX and KHUX proper hasn't even reached that point yet. ( the part where Luxu hands down No Name to one of them, or where the New Union Leaders transport themselves to the Sora World Line )

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I am replaying the game with ZERO EXP, and holy shit! I am in Arandelle, and the game behaves like old games:
- It takes forever to kill an enemy
- Donald NEVER heals
- Donald and Goofy die in 10 seconds
- People complaining about Attractions, but in ZERO EXP you beg for them (and almost never get them)
- I die so many times in big fights because they take 80% of your health in one hit and you take 0.001% each hit, plus in KH3 all enemies have huge bar and boss fights have like at least 10 bars. It takes forever!!!

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Everything UX-related in KH3 isn't treated with a 'you must get what's going on or else you're a pleb for not playing UX', but more so of a 'huh, why is this happening?' down to the journal listing Ephemer as ???, or even the Mysterious Girl X.

I mean, the reality is that the Secret Report has spoiled to us the ending of KHUX and KHUX proper hasn't even reached that point yet. ( the part where Luxu hands down No Name to one of them, or where the New Union Leaders transport themselves to the Sora World Line )

Yup. It's become clear that Union Cross is, arguably for the first time in this series' history, genuinely just "supplementary content." Nomura clearly intends to tell its story in the console games (and the Back Cover movie). If you've played UX, you just get more "could this be this" or "oh shit, that's _____" moments rather than mysterious ones.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Even when it's a spoiler, for me, those were the kind that kindle interest and want to know how those things happen. I think that UX story is getting very interesting. However, the story is doomed just like BBS, because is set in the past. If they don't do something about Terra, Aqua and Ventus (which I hope they will, since Ventus is very involved in UX), you learned the story, they needed to be rescued and after they got rescued that was it. The same could happen to UX, once they get to the present (where Sora is in Shibuya), UX is dead.

I really hope is not, and I think Nomura is very involved in the story now, since he said he is the one writing the story and dialog all by himself. Everything implies that UX story is actually the future of the series, and I wish Nomura does more with it, because it seems like with the dark seeker saga he wrote himself into a corner after Chi/Unchained/UnionX were released.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats not the same thing. Sora has essentially been changing his Destiny the entire time. What he said is that Xehanort shouldnt have total control in the Japanese version. Including everyones elses.

Ultimania is coming this week as per normal we should have a bunch of answers and probably more questions.
Sora would never see himself as a leader

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So finished the game, got the secret ending and generally can grasp everything but one thing made me confused.

When Sora is in The Last World you can have optional chat with one of the hearts and it whispers a name to Sora.

The hell was that? Is it the KH Chi stuff?

Oct 25, 2017
So finished the game, got the secret ending and generally can grasp everything but one thing made me confused.

When Sora is in The Last World you can have optional chat with one of the hearts and it whispers a name to Sora.

Of course it was. The entire endgame has chi stuff littered about

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

That star is theorized to be Strelitzia, and the name whispered is probably the name of her brother Lauriam (Marluxia).

Oct 25, 2017
Figures, it's the one KH thing I never touched sans a Wikipedia read.
I didn't care either until back cover happened . Then next I know soras randomly meeting white hair boy, 4 .org members had keyblades, there's a black box that'll continue to be dangled for god knows how long(why does malefiecent know about the box again I forgot) and braig was mister hoodie all along. I can't keep up no more

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
By the way I gotta say something.
I have not read/watched anything KH related until I finished the game, but did people discuss why Carribean world looks fifty bilion times better than anything else in the game? Times it looks like almost next gen world.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I have not read/watched anything KH related until I finished the game, but did people discuss why Carribean world looks fifty bilion times better than anything else in the game? Times it looks like almost next gen world.
The realistic graphic style is meant to reflect that The Caribbean is based on live-action movies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It's mostly just the shader they're using there. The increased focus on realism let the engine go wild whereas the more cartoony worlds have less detail to fit the settings they're from.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Live action movies always get a graphic boost

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I really have to admire Nomura for being so dedicated to the Versus XIII concept that he'd integrate it into Kingdom Hearts instead of seeing it scrapped.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
No, I think it'll continue to be Kingdom Hearts except without having to go through Disney. They'll just end up using Square worlds.
Not sure Disney, who owns the IP would be too happy about taking the backseat lol. Disney will still be the driving force.

I'd expect them to work more on og worlds though and bring back FF chars considering the eh.. backlash.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I played on Proud mode lv.31 and Master Xehanort was one of the hardest bosses in the entire series o.O also that tornado heartless was quite tricky most of the game was easy but imo people who say the game is a cakewalk must be really hardcore,the game has some challenging bosses if you limit yourself abit with the zero exp ability.

I was even thinking about skiping him and just watch the ending on youtube like i did vanitas on BBS :P

Oct 25, 2017
I played on Proud mode lv.31 and Master Xehanort was one of the hardest bosses in the entire series o.O also that tornado heartless was quite tricky most of the game was easy but imo people who say the game is a cakewalk must be really hardcore,the game has some challenging bosses if you limit yourself abit with the zero exp ability.

I was even thinking about skiping him and just watch the ending on youtube like i did vanitas on BBS :P
i think that's the problem. Critical and proud on kh2&15th respectively was damn hard on their own without even thinking about doing level 1

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i think that's the problem. Critical and proud on kh2&15th respectively was damn hard on their own without even thinking about doing level 1
i was 31
They must kill you with one hit if you are 1 :^O
but i guess that would be the biggest problem if you don't level up most of the combat options wont be available i wanted to have most abilities, though lv 20-30 would still be a challenge at least and you can get AP through accesories

Last edited:

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017

giphy.gif

EDIT Twitter text:
"That's the story of the King of Truth. RECLAIM YOUR HEART"
"After a long fight, weapons have bought great benefits to humanity. But the 'Karma' that sleeps within humans will accelerate further. In the light of the warhead in the night sky, they choose to fight while feeling the pain of their heart."
"A journey without a place to return "
"The world is to all humans to turn a fang "
Last tweet is a comparison of FFXV's tag line "Reclaim your Throne" and the tag line of Verum Rex "Reclaim your Heart"

Last edited:

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting find with the verum rex back cover art!
Wonder if it's different in the Japanese version?
Wonder how this Verum rex world will be implemented.. a fictional video game or actually real? And what if TWEWY is there? At least a big missed opportunity if not, would have been incredible if we saw a timer on Soras hand in the trailer.

Last edited: