• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Man, shit like this makes me really wish the next Kingdom Hearts game would have Riku and Kairi teaming up to save Sora. I'd kill for a whole game of Riku and Kairi together and Kairi getting actual development instead of just being kidnapped.
7gaNegh.png

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat it. The last boss fight was alright. Pretty funny how everytime you beat one of the sub bosses the entire fight magically stopped for the cutscene. Wasn't too impressed with the story. Either cringy or boring or unintentionally funny.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
This is really stupid, but I wouldn't totally mind a multiplayer game that had the same base combat system from BBS with the tweaks of the KH3 combat.

I just felt like the ability to mix and match moves added a lot to the variety of the combat, but it was sort of wasted with the limitations of the mobile game.

Oct 25, 2017
This is really stupid, but I wouldn't totally mind a multiplayer game that had the same base combat system from BBS with the tweaks of the KH3 combat.

I just felt like the ability to mix and match moves added a lot to the variety of the combat, but it was sort of wasted with the limitations of the mobile game.
Mirage_arena_01.jpg

Could've all been so simple. Would've added so much to the game after you beat it. Been advocating for mirage arenas return for years

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
So was aqua and she dived in front of a fire instead of shielding with magic(a magic shield she's created canonically multiple times) you wanna run it past nomura

Seen a lot of people complain about this, but wasn't the arena she magic'd up for the fight basically her barrier? Maybe she can't create a barrier within a barrier (and Vanitas already proved he could damage/probably break through it).

Oct 25, 2017
Seen a lot of people complain about this, but wasn't the arena she magic'd up for the fight basically her barrier? Maybe she can't create a barrier within a barrier (and Vanitas already proved he could damage/probably break through it).
It's just too silly to have her block off her help and than have her get rescued again. My favorite character is Ven and that moment still should've been just her straight win no bs

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The ending implies that Sora saved Kairi, but died from using the power of waking too much, and now he's in TWEWY Shibuya, where people play the Reaper's Game for the chance to return to life. Meanwhile, Riku is in the Verum Rex world.

I've seen a lot of people say this, but why do people think that these are two different worlds necessarily? They're both in Tokyo after all. Sure, they could pull a KH3D again but does anything point towards that at this moment?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a lot of people say this, but why do people think that these are two different worlds necessarily? They're both in Tokyo after all. Sure, they could pull a KH3D again but does anything point towards that at this moment?
They aren't necessarily different worlds, but TWEWY is specifically in Shibuya, while Versus/Verum Rex's setting is clearly inspired by Shinjuku.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still making my way through the game but can anyone please explain what the fuck is going on in the Pirates of the carribean world? I am genuinely lost beyond confusion.

It is beyond incomprehensible. Jack Sparrow poofing into some white crabs. I mean what the fuck?

I read the in game wiki and still am completely at a loss.

Oct 25, 2017
Still making my way through the game but can anyone please explain what the fuck is going on in the Pirates of the carribean world? I am genuinely lost beyond confusion.

It is beyond incomprehensible. Jack Sparrow poofing into some white crabs. I mean what the fuck?

Honestly don't bother lol the movies story was butchered so bad I paid no attention to the story whatsoever.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

The Caribbean's story is kind of a mishmash of Pirates 2 and 3.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they do Original Stories in each world from now on. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Big Hero 6 and Hercules were far better than the others. Though Pirates was fun but I guess the story was kinda just thrown in there as it barely has anything to do with Sora.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia

Themetically it makes sense. Sora's 'death' is a major enough of an event that I don't expect him to be 'saved' or 'reunited' with his friends until at least end-game, and for them to be in the same world where they could both meet each other feels like it's not sufficient enough a dramatic plot development.

The writer in me would think that the best way to take advantage of the drama would be another DDD-like, where both of them exist parallel between the realm of living and the dead, where Sora and Riku could sense each other in that same world but can't meet or see each other because of drama.

Dec 25, 2018
Man the leaker days were insane, crazy how he foreshadowed how some would react to KH3 overall (KH3islife when he beat KH3 and gave it his review that caused a huge uproar). Definitely one of the most fun leaks ever.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
They'd be in the same world, but Sora is in the dead world and Riku probably in the living. People are just confused cause of the buildings and Yozora. It'll get cleared up in 10 years.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really don't think we will have to wait that long. It will probably be the DLC expansion for the end of the year or start of next year.

Like they didn't make Riku playable in main KH3 for no reason.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, you play as Riku for thirty seconds total in KH2, so this isn't anything new.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I really don't think we will have to wait that long. It will probably be the DLC expansion for the end of the year or start of next year.

Like they didn't make Riku playable in main KH3 for no reason.
I very much doubt any DLC will continue past the ending. It'll be mostly extras to add onto the game, colosseum, super bosses, critical mode.
Any extra campaign would probably just flesh out what we already have, maybe let us play as Riku in Dark World and Radiant Garden.

Oct 25, 2017
The secret ending stuff seemed way too involved as a DLC expansion. I could see them adding new areas, but not to that extent.

I'm pretty sure that's the setup for Kingdom Hearts 4.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I mean...

Nomura's finally successfully trojan-horsed the funding and approval to reboot Final Fantasy Versus 13.

He's not going to just 'DLC' that.

He'll wring out of Square Enix every dollar he can.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean...

Nomura's finally successfully trojan-horsed the funding and approval to reboot Final Fantasy Versus 13.

He's not going to just 'DLC' that.

He'll wring out of Square Enix every dollar he can.
Very much doubt that. An entire reboot of a series ain't happening. If its a world within KH then it'll be typical world length. Its not a FFV13 reboot at all just like a parody/offshoot. But I agree it'll be in the next KH game not in a DLC pack.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
And there we have it. Overall this game really did fail to meet my expectations, but I still had a blast. Hopefully Final Mix DLC can fix some of my complaints.
2 > 1 > 3 > BBS > DDD

Dzp23noU8AAFCPC.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Very much doubt that. An entire reboot of a series ain't happening. If its a world within KH then it'll be typical world length. Its not a FFV13 reboot at all. But I agree it'll be in the next KH game not in a DLC pack.
It's not a reboot, though.

Nomura is taking the Versus concept and implementing it into KH by making a KH world that is spiritually inspired by Versus. While it won't necessarily be the only world in a KH game, it could easily become a world of strong story focus like Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden.

Oct 25, 2017
If i add the non numbered games as a mage enthusiast 3 getting behind Bbs because the magic options in 3 are scarce and boring. Especially playing after Bbs and DDd wheres there's so many different opportunities for magic. Where all the creative spells go

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Very much doubt that. An entire reboot of a series ain't happening. If its a world within KH then it'll be typical world length. Its not a FFV13 reboot at all just like a parody/offshoot. But I agree it'll be in the next KH game not in a DLC pack.

Of course I don't expect it to be a full reboot lol.

But a 5-8 hour end game world in a 30-35 hour game? I think that's plentiful