• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Maleficent went back in time when she was defeated in KH1. However, instead of going back in time in her world line she appeared in Enchanted Dominion in UX world line. In UX, she is currently trapped in that Enchanted Dominion by someone knows as 'the darkness' that fears her knowledge of the future. Combined with the secret reports which refer to a witch from the future, 'the darkness' is probably Luxu and Maleficent in future UX updates will use her knowledge of the future in her worldline to help the Dandelions cross back over. Though this could be a fake out.

Last edited:

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think that's the worst thing about Union X. I can pitch it to my friends that are super into the series and catching up on the plot (KHInsider has all the cutscenes from Union and Chi for the mainplot in one world) but if that didn't exist you'd have to tell them to playthrough hundreds of quests of a mobile game going through a ton of filler just to follow monthly updates, of which the English version is a few months behind so you're not up to date on story developments anyway.

It's a mess. Really hope they find somewhere else/some easier format to tell the story when it's done.

I guess the problem with it though, Nomura is just needed to add the significant story developments, I imagine for the mobile game, he isn't/wasn't focused on developing the mobile game's story and instead developing current/future console games, which I'd prefer honestly, the mobile game is just manipulative and p2w, and I agree the story is mostly filler, I guess their idea of including new worlds that haven't been in past KHs is the only point of interest, outside of the actual significant story which seems to come rarely.
It seems the JP version is beginning to focus on Marluxia/Larxene/Brain atm though, so hopefully stays significant for a while, and the idea of the addition of worlds new to KH in general sounds good for periods

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the problem with it though, Nomura is just needed to add the significant story developments, I imagine for the mobile game, he isn't/wasn't focused on developing the mobile game's story and instead developing current/future console games, which I'd prefer honestly, the mobile game is just manipulative and p2w, and I agree the story is mostly filler, I guess their idea of including new worlds that haven't been in past KHs is the only point of interest, outside of the actual significant story which seems to come rarely.
It seems the JP version is beginning to focus on Marluxia/Larxene/Brain atm though, so hopefully stays significant for a while, and the idea of the addition of worlds new to KH in general sounds good for periods

The team working on UX shouldn't have to wait until the director makes up his mind over what the next step in the story is going to be. They should have a clear path ahead with an end goal in mind.

We've seen during interviews about UX how Nomura sometimes shows unfinished artwork for the game and placeholder "coats" over characters because the story is still undecided. I know there are more important projects developing under his direction, but when season 2 was greenlighted, the team should have had the entire story for season 2 ready at that point. None of this "let's wait until Nomura has time to give us the next chapter". That's why the game is moving at a glacial pace.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The team working on UX shouldn't have to wait until the director makes up his mind over what the next step in the story is going to be. They should have a clear path ahead with an end goal in mind.

We've seen during interviews about UX how Nomura sometimes shows unfinished artwork for the game and placeholder "coats" over characters because the story is still undecided. I know there are more important projects developing under his direction, but when season 2 was greenlighted, the team should have had the entire story for season 2 ready at that point. None of this "let's wait until Nomura has time to give us the next chapter". That's why the game is moving at a glacial pace.

Yeah that sounds fair. I would hope the team have a solid story foundation to work off now, it seems that they're focusing on KH3 links now, (And already set them up in KH3).

catberry

Oct 31, 2017
London
latest

DnecGsuW4AAjzcP.jpg

ngnkJEcIGWSpdxShd8feZtXMjQqDeok3.jpg

Sora-Neku.jpg

Wait, I thought the secret ending was basically the Verum Rex world from the video game ad at the Toy Story world?
I thought Nomura got so pissed off about getting kicked off Versus XIII that he made it into a world in KH3 :'D

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic i guess.

So after i complected KH3 and somehow i saw my old copy of re:coded so i started playing it again and..... guys don't kill me but i find the combat better than KH3.
The end boss vs Dara Roxas is still great.

Somehow i find the Reunion between the BBS, 358/2, COM casts being too rush in KH3. Still great they have a happy ending for everyone (outside of Sora lol....).
All the built up emotions from the previous games can't be resolved in just the final 3-5 hours of the games , it will be better if they actually spread some of the actual plots development and some reunions in between worlds.

Wait, I thought the secret ending was basically the Verum Rex world from the video game ad at the Toy Story world?
I thought Nomura got so pissed off about getting kicked off Versus XIII that he made it into a world in KH3 :'D

Guess Nomura is also pissed that there is still no greenlight for a TWEWY sequel lol.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Soo.. anyone see Frozen 2 teaser yet? Something about the tone give me Kingdom Hearts vibe, I was waiting for Sora or keyblade to show up, Elsa look like she's doing some flowmotion and Blizzaga type stuff. Lol

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Soo.. anyone see Frozen 2 teaser yet? Something about the tone give me Kingdom Hearts vibe, I was waiting for Sora or keyblade to show up, Elsa look like she's doing some flowmotion and Blizzaga type stuff. Lol

There's a teaser out?! =O

I was literally just looking at those Frozen 2 leaks and wondering when we're gonna see anything official, haha.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Is Frozen 2 the Disney movie that takes some influence to some part of their setting/story from Sámi people? I saw it in the Sámi focused Finnish news sometime last summer, I think, and it was a whole big deal when some representatives from Disney came to discuss the story of an upcoming film of theirs to make sure their interpretation has some level of authenticity/isn't totally insulting.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, when compared to two I felt like I was watching more than actually playing the game and this goes back to how easy the game is. Nothing really comes to KH1 difficulty, or even the spikes of KH2, and because of it you are just clearing mobs of enemies in seconds. More noticeable, if you are someone like me who doesn't care about side activities, like ship combat and sledding.

This is absolutely my biggest issue with the game. The PS2-era design choices of "rewarding" players for beating certain sections with a cutscene or two just kind of drove me mad. I played for about 14 hours and would just start looking at my phone whenever I beat a section. What made it even worse was that the majority of cutscenes seemingly had nothing to tell me. Or if there was some new information, it took at least twice as long to get to the point as it should have.

I gave the game multiple tries but today is officially the day where I give up and trade it in. I'm disappointed because I do care about the overall story. The game just wasn't engaging enough for me to want to get there myself. I'm grateful that this thread gave me the information I wanted without having to play more.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Elsa as a party member in Kingdom Hearts IV please!! She looked amazing in the trailer, and that training montage was awesome. It seems like there's going to be some other elemental person too? That would be cool to see in the game as well, however that'll turn out.
Maleficent went back in time when she was defeated in KH1. However, instead of going back in time in her world line she appeared in Enchanted Dominion in UX world line. In UX, she is currently trapped in that Enchanted Dominion by someone knows as 'the darkness' that fears her knowledge of the future. Combined with the secret reports which refer to a witch from the future, 'the darkness' is probably Luxu and Maleficent in future UX updates will use her knowledge of the future in her worldline to help the Dandelions cross back over. Though this could be a fake out.
Secret Report indicates that the Five Dandellions have no capability to travel to the different worldline with their own abilities. ( They aren't Masters )

Luxu thinks they might have gotten some assistance from a 'sorcerer from the future cough Mali cough'
That's... Hmm. So Maleficent accidentally travelled to another worldline? Which is why she would be able to send the Union leaders to another one. Okay, interesting. I like that she's getting a larger role, to be honest. It at least keeps some of the Disney stuff (aside from Mickey et al) relevant to the overall story.

Oh, and I assumed the Union leaders were Keyblade Masters, but I guess they didn't really say that. See, all this stuff from Union [chi] is so interesting and makes me very excited for the future of the series!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I feel like they vetoed Elsa and Anna party members in KH3 just so they could unveil their actual combat prowess in Frozen 2.

Cause all of that would've been great to see in the world itself.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the DLC expansions they've put out for World of Final Fantasy and FFXV were pretty much exactly in line with the type and volume of content that the old International FF re-releases used to have. I'd be shocked if any DLC expansion for the game wasn't in the mold of the Final Mixes.

That said, I wonder if they'd keep the tradition of changing all of the enemy colors for no real reason.
Eh, somewhat disagree regarding FFXV - its character episodes are pretty different from what we've seen with International versions in the past (the Royal Edition stuff, though, sure).

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I expect we'll get Union-X backcover or something to that nature eventually.
It will *absolutely* be called Re:Union
This makes me even sadder that she wasn't a party member in KH3. =(
I'm reasonably certain that we're going to see Tangled and Frozen worlds come back again in future Kingdom Hearts games (since we've got the New Seven Hearts and all).
The Royal Edition content is what I was moreso referring to; I tend to count the Season Pass content as it's own thing.
FWIW I wouldn't be surprised to see KH3 get character episodes (at the very least, one for Riku). It's the first Osaka Team game *without* major multiple-character-storyline stuff going on.

But my hope is to see whatever comes along more fully integrated into the core game than what we saw with FFXV's character episodes.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't want to see them reuse the same map for sure, and I hate Olaf with my life, but I'd be delighted to have another crack at the world in which the sisters are your allies and it's composed of all-new environments.
Nah. In KHIV, you'll watch Elsa be badass from an extreme distance with no direct interaction, and you'll like it!

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I see Genesis has finally made his return after all these years.

Screenshot-20190213-223957.png

KH3 dlc for ps5 look amazing
That beach in the intro made me think of Aqua and trying to escape the realm of darkness too. Nomura and the team usually get Disney movie previews (they selected Frozen before it released not knowing if it'd be popular or not) so I assume we'll get Frozen 2 whenever the next main installment comesout. Hopefully it's with less restrictions as KH3 was left with in the plot though.
Yeah there was like a years worth of no story updates, and I assume the Union X team couldn't do anything about it, then the new updates were apparently written by the KH3 writers, so hopefully it keepsup.

I think he said 2 more months of story updates (not including jan) and a new world in Union X that's implied to be Wreck it Ralph so yeah at least they should keep it interesting for a littlebit. Just hope we don't get another major drought again. We already know something went down with those five going by the KH3 reports, but we dunno what so yeah it's getting interesting again.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Started replaying some of the Keyblade Graveyard boss fights, and though I do want to have separate, more aggressive data versions of most of the Org., I think the Ansem/Xemnas/Young Xehanort fight is actually pretty good as is. It's the only of the battles in that world where the enemies are explicitly designed to work as a unit, as opposed to just throwing in three bosses for the hell of it. Honestly, the only thing I'd like for that aside from more health and tweaked AI is to get rid of Mickey and Riku for that fight.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Started replaying some of the Keyblade Graveyard boss fights, and though I do want to have separate, more aggressive data versions of most of the Org., I think the Ansem/Xemnas/Young Xehanort fight is actually pretty good as is. It's the only of the battles in that world where the enemies are explicitly designed to work as a unit, as opposed to just throwing in three bosses for the hell of it. Honestly, the only thing I'd like for that aside from more health and tweaked AI is to get rid of Mickey and Riku for that fight.
Arguably KH3 has so many big AoE attacks you can get off that fighting against a well-integrated enemy *party* is more appropriate than fighting against a single enemy.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Am I alone in thinking this? Either they reboot the series with a new director and improve everything drastically or I want them to keep doing ridiculous storylines with twists within twists with added twists on top of twists, just because that's how I get entertainment out of the story, seeing just how dumb it gets and trying to keep up. An improvement in the series storytelling while still having poor dialogue and mostly bad writing could just make it more boring.

Edit: Not saying dialogue, pacing, and direction can't be improved!

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I got the platinum last night. It was more work than I expected. And that boss within the tornado took me just shy of 14 minutes to beat. Was the hardest boss I fought in the game.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Am I alone in thinking this? Either they reboot the series with a new director and improve everything drastically or I want them to keep doing ridiculous storylines with twists within twists with added twists on top of twists, just because that's how I get entertainment out of the story, seeing just how dumb it gets and trying to keep up. An improvement in the series storytelling while still having poor dialogue and mostly bad writing could just make it more boring.

Option 1. NEVER
Option 2. Yes please

KH is all about lovable characters in the most insane of settings

Edit: Is no one datamining this for possible DLC hints??

Last edited:

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So the only thing I'm really confused on is what a worldline is exactly. I kept seeing different things on what it is. Is it an alternate timeline or an alternate universe with its own set of worlds and realm of light, dark and sleep or is is it a world like the disney worlds? ?

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
The Pirates of the Caribbean 3 ending is amusing in the context of Kingdom Hearts. Sora, Donald and Goofy definitley killed a ship full of people when they and the Flying Dutchman unloaded on the Admiral's ship.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So the only thing I'm really confused on is what a worldline is exactly. I kept seeing different things on what it is. Is it an alternate timeline or an alternate universe with its own set of worlds and realm of light, dark and sleep or is is it a world like the disney worlds? ?
We don't have a super clear answer on that yet. They visit some of the same Disney worlds in the Chi and Unchained worldlines, so presumably it's some sort of alternate universe but with... wider reaching implications?

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
We don't have a super clear answer on that yet. They visit some of the same Disney worlds in the Chi and Unchained worldlines, so presumably it's some sort of alternate universe but with... wider reaching implications?
Okay good lol. I seen a lot of people bring it up and I was like oh god where did I miss the info on it. So far the Union Cross stuff isnt too hard to follow.

Jun 12, 2018
Just finished the game, do people really think KH3's proud mode is that much easier than KH2's?

I feel like I had way more difficulty with the endgame kh3 bosses than I ever did in any moment in KH2's proud mode. Hell, there were even some disney areas that caused a minor challenge such as the gigas in toy story and the frozen boss.

None of this will even matter when critical mode is released, but I still find it interesting to hear people's opinion on the difficulty of kh3 when compared to kh2, when I can't even remember of a single instance in vanilla kh2 that actually required me to think.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
After finishing the game, I went back to watch that Final Battle trailer which I avoided watching before release.

Seriously? Like, seriously? They spoilt almost the entire game in that trailer. I mean, I don't know why I'm surprised given they've done this with other games in the past, but this trailer takes it to a whole new level. You would've thought they learned their lesson by now.