• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Help me understand the secret ending
latest

DnecGsuW4AAjzcP.jpg

ngnkJEcIGWSpdxShd8feZtXMjQqDeok3.jpg

Sora-Neku.jpg

Last edited:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why Roxas is still able to use two keyblades after he returns, even though Ventus is a separate person by that point? Assuming that the original idea was that he could because of Ventus's heart.
He's still connected to Ven? Honestly, we don't really have any idea.

The actual reason is that dual wielding is Roxas's thing, and there was no way they were going to write his big return without it. We'll probably get a Nomura interview down the line explaining it.

Jan 25, 2019
Roxas is a replica now. The secret reports pretty much lay it out with the data needed for it all to work. Meaning, he can probably dual wield because he can recreate it based on memories.

Honestly, I still feel iffy on the whole vessel thing. Despite that they are to work as human as possible. We all saw what that dark Riku left behind. At the end of the day, they're dolls.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Roxas is a replica now. The secret reports pretty much lay it out with the data needed. Meaning, he can probably dual wield because he can recreate it based on memories.

Honestly, I still feel iffy on the whole vessel thing. Despite that they are to work as human as possible. We all saw what that dark Riku left behind. At the end of the day, they're dolls.

That means fuck all as Replicas are 100% real humans now if they have a heart inside of them. I doubt they'll ever go to deep on that

If you think about it, a human body is as much as a doll when you die ):

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to pick up the 1.5 + 2.5 collection while it was on sale over the weekend so I'm thinking I'll play through the series again. I never actually finished BBS and 3 has made me really want to do so, same for CoM.

Is there a reason why Roxas is still able to use two keyblades after he returns, even though Ventus is a separate person by that point? Assuming that the original idea was that he could because of Ventus's heart.
Because it's cool.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that one is Sora's and the other is from Roxas's own heart.

Someone will ask about it at some point like before.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
My guess is that one is Sora's and the other is from Roxas's own heart.

Someone will ask about it at some point like before.

I think that one's his keyblade, the other is Xion's fake keyblade.

you can see him burst out 2 Kingdom Keys in 358/2 before transforming them into Oblivion and Oathkeeper.

And why does Xion still gets to have hers you ask? A wizard dit it. Or maybe she got another shitty copy

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any hope that with the next game we can get a reset on some of this shit? Or are we just going to keep piling nonsense on top of nonsense until the whole jenga tower of insanity collapses? KH1 still has the best story because it is the simplest.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I think that one's his keyblade, the other is Xion's fake keyblade.

you can see him burst out 2 Kingdom Keys in 358/2 before transforming them into Oblivion and Oathkeeper.

And why does Xion still gets to have hers you ask? A wizard dit it. Or maybe she got another shitty copy
The explanation we got is that Sora, Roxas, and Xion are all using the same keyblade and it can exist in multiple places at once.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
Is there any hope that with the next game we can get a reset on some of this shit? Or are we just going to keep piling nonsense on top of nonsense until the whole jenga tower of insanity collapses?
i for one am bracing for more bullshit just based on history. the plot in these games gets wilder and more convoluted with every release and really i don't expect that will change. at this point i'm kind of just morbidly curious how far-out the writers will allow things to get before series' end

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
I can't see MoM having a plan that's grander than "clash warriors of light and darkness to create the ultimate weapon to command the source of everything to reboot existence".

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see MoM having a plan that's grander than "clash warriors of light and darkness to create the ultimate weapon to command the source of everything to reboot existence".

Luxu implied in the conversation with Ava in UX that MoM didn't really care all that much about the fate of the world and that he was more interested how the keyblade wielders would grow and develop. So I think he's just coming up with ridiculous situations for keyblade wielders to push through for the fun of it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Given that all we know about MoM is that he's:
A. Powerful enough to command respect, and
B. A huge dick
He might be a Kefka-style character. Clown on the outside, nihilistic psychopath that hates any and everything on the inside.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
About Roxas dual-wielding... I know the reason before was that he's the Nobody of both Sora and Ventus, but since he's a Nobody who grew his own heart, then perhaps that ability became his own without any ties to Sora or Ventus. The way I see it, had he not grown his own heart, he'd be able to dual-wield only as long as both Sora and Ventus don't exist. However, having grown a heart of his own and becoming a separate entity, he was able to retain his abilities.

The same probably goes for Xion. She grew her own heart somehow, so that heart is able to summon a Keyblade. That's how I'd like to think of it, at least.

That makes me wonder about something else though... What was the data for then? The vessel would've taken the form of the heart it holds, which would've given Roxas his memories and everything, so what was it even for?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Roxas's first Keyblade is the same one as Sora's. His second Keyblade is Ventus's. The intense emotions Roxas felt when Xion faded away caused Ven's heart to react to his, letting him use two Keyblades, but Xion is otherwise unconnected to that. Her Keyblade is a fake made of memories.

Of course, all bets are off at what's going on now that everyone's a normal human.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
continuing my slow carve through the game... i just finished pirates?? aaaaand??? i'm noticing how little sora has thought about or mentioned kairi up until this point. between the rapunzel/eugene and will/elizabeth romance moments i was sure he'd say or think something about her, but nope. apparently not. meanwhile he's full-out envisioning riku and worrying and wanting to call him and i'm just?????

i'm becoming aggravated to be totally honest. they've had so many ins up until now to work in at least a mention of sokai and sora has yet to give an iota of a shit about her. i'm trying to get on board with sokai. it's the Official Ship™ of the game. ostensibly it should be the most well-written. but it's hard for me to get into it when the writers can't be bothered to put forth the most minimal amount of effort to make it a relationship worth caring about. it doesn't feel like it's even on the back burner to me. it feels like they took it off the stove and they're not gonna remember it until the rest of the food is done and it's time to plate and then they're gonna be like "oh shit, it's a basket ingredient" and it's shitty and unfinished but there's only thirty seconds left so they just fucking haphazardly drizzle it on top and then still act surprised when the judges call them out on it

also pirates cgi had some heeeellla uncanny valley moments. most of it was pretty good but when it was bad, it was bad. silver lining though was twilight kids cutaway and the second kairi/lea scene. perfect rambunctious rascals, precious ginger infants. i live.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So if they do decide on doing one big dlc before the next game be it 4 or another one for more build up, do you guys think they will add more side content to do and stuff that they usually put for final mix content? and of course critical mode.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So if they do decide on doing one big dlc before the next game be it 4 or another one for more build up, do you guys think they will add more side content to do and stuff that they usually put for final mix content? and of course critical mode.

I think that's the goal, yeah. Nomura doesn't think it makes sense to do a second packaged version of the game but they can very easily do a Final Mix as DLC. New side content, new difficulty, new bosses, etc.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I think that's the goal, yeah. Nomura doesn't think it makes sense to do a second packaged version of the game but they can very easily do a Final Mix as DLC. New side content, new difficulty, new bosses, etc.
Sounds good. I didn't know if there was any official info on if there will be more stuff coming or not. As much as I love this game, lacking a lot of side stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
It was really funny when I got a train of people all questioning my sanity for actually liking the story presentation.

I can't believe you would like something earnest and emotional. You need to harden your heart and only appreciate storytelling where everything is buried under sixteen layers of irony and cynicism with complicated men at the center of things.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, the DLC expansions they've put out for World of Final Fantasy and FFXV were pretty much exactly in line with the type and volume of content that the old International FF re-releases used to have. I'd be shocked if any DLC expansion for the game wasn't in the mold of the Final Mixes.

That said, I wonder if they'd keep the tradition of changing all of the enemy colors for no real reason.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Honestly, when compared to two I felt like I was watching more than actually playing the game and this goes back to how easy the game is. Nothing really comes to KH1 difficulty, or even the spikes of KH2, and because of it you are just clearing mobs of enemies in seconds. More noticeable, if you are someone like me who doesn't care about side activities, like ship combat and sledding.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, when compared to two I felt like I was watching more than actually playing the game and this goes back to how easy the game is. Nothing really comes to KH1 difficulty, or even the spikes of KH2, and because of it you are just clearing mobs of enemies in seconds. More noticeable, if you are someone like me who doesn't care about side activities, like ship combat and sledding.
I honestly wonder how difficult KH1 would be if it had the benefit of forethought and included gameplay features from later games like the swimming controls in KH3. What little swimming combat there is in KH3 blows all of Atlantica in KH1 out of the water. Heck, they were confident enough in the swimming to make it part of the final boss fight!

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
ehhhhhhhh

The very start of KH2, Demyx, and Xaldin are really the only parts that I'd say were very difficult. Everything else is easier than KH3. KH3 still isn't a terribly hard game, but I got the occasional game over at random spots, something that definitely never happened in 2.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
ehhhhhhhh

The very start of KH2, Demyx, and Xaldin are really the only parts that I'd say were very difficult. Everything else is easier than KH3. KH3 still isn't a terribly hard game, but I got the occasional game over at random spots, something that definitely never happened in 2.
Yeah, It was mostly that, the final colosseum cups, and Xigbar for me. Everything else was easy, sure, but at least there were small points of challenge, which I can't say for KH3. In my Proud playthrough at no point where there ever a point where I needed to stop button smashing and magic spamming, and actually think of a strategy. Heck, I stil have the moogle coin I bought at the beginning of the game

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it.

In retrospect, having an interest in Maleficent and Pete's arc was probably not the best idea.

I had to go to wikis/explanatory articles to make heads or tails of the secret ending.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it.

In retrospect, having an interest in Maleficent and Pete's arc was probably not the best idea.

I had to go to wikis/explanatory articles to make heads or tails of the secret ending.
I told all my friends playing the old games trying to catch up to also watch the mobile game cutscenes, they are actually important and back cover doesn't cover all of it.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I told all my friends playing the old games trying to catch up to also watch the mobile game cutscenes, they are actually important and back cover doesn't cover all of it.

The Maleficent stuff are in Union-X, and Union-X is still incomplete. Heck, the secret reports pretty much spoil the ending of Union-X, which is the Impostor/Virus hatches a plan together with Maleficent to send the 5 Dandelion Leaders into the future/another world line.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I think that's the worst thing about Union X. I can pitch it to my friends that are super into the series and catching up on the plot (KHInsider has all the cutscenes from Union and Chi for the mainplot in one world) but if that didn't exist you'd have to tell them to playthrough hundreds of quests of a mobile game going through a ton of filler just to follow monthly updates, of which the English version is a few months behind so you're not up to date on story developments anyway.

It's a mess. Really hope they find somewhere else/some easier format to tell the story when it's done.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I think that's the worst thing about Union X. I can pitch it to my friends that are super into the series and catching up on the plot (KHInsider has all the cutscenes from Union and Chi for the mainplot in one world) but if that didn't exist you'd have to tell them to playthrough hundreds of quests of a mobile game going through a ton of filler just to follow monthly updates, of which the English version is a few months behind so you're not up to date on story developments anyway.

It's a mess. Really hope they find somewhere else/some easier format to tell the story when it's done.

I expect we'll get Union-X backcover or something to that nature eventually.