• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
The epilogue had Eraqus talking about a new chess game with 7 black pieces.
5 of the chesspieces had the animal heads of the Foreteller unions.
The epilogue cut to black just as Eraqus put the first white piece, which is Sora's chess piece.

The implication is that next set of villains are The Indisposable Seven ( MoM + Luxu + Foretellers ) vs Sora & ???

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The epilogue had Eraqus talking about a new chess game with 7 black pieces.
5 of the chesspieces had the animal heads of the Foreteller unions.
The epilogue cut to black just as Eraqus put the first white piece, which is Sora's chess piece.

The implication is that next set of villains are The Indisposable Seven ( MoM + Luxu + Foretellers ) vs Sora & ???
considering Nomura loves 7/13 theme, I guess it will be 7 darkness vs. 13 lights.
KH3 cover has 13 people on it but I guess that won't be the 13 that faces the new darkness.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I completed the game a week ago and I'm still so mad at how the story unfolded and the way the game was written that I just don't know where to begin. I didn't feel respected as a fan at all by the game.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wait they the villains? Is that what the epilogue is showing? Man honest to god I hate this merging of the plot between the mobile game and This. Should've just stuck with closing out DDD/Kh/ for Christ sake

*bouta get jumped
But like why? Are they "Norted(we now need a new term for somebody's heart being taken over rip) weren't they good in back cover

No. We know they're just useful idiots for MoM's plan.

With the exception of Luxu and Ava if MoM asks them to jump, they ask how high

Luxu is a competent threat while Ava is having none of that shit and will probably aid Sora

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Back cover literally tells you nothing doesn't it....

The implications of Back Cover movie was clear enough in my opinion.

Master of Masters manipulated his disciples by giving them roles, rules and a prophecy of an impending war + a traitor in their midst to set up 5 factions of Keyblade wielders that ultimately end up clashing against each other, and caused the Keyblade War and the end of the world.

Oct 25, 2017
No. We know they're just useful idiots for MoM's plan.

With the exception of Luxu and Ava if MoM asks them to jump, they ask how high

Luxu is a competent threat while Ava is having none of that shit and will probably aid Sora
So Ava is missing essentially because she acted on her own unlike the rest of the idiots? Cuz she seemed to be one of the few willing to question the master which is ....oof

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Been watching some playthroughs of the game and watching the reactions of players to certain scenes, it's kind of amazing seeing how much this series has touched people. There was this player that was completely bawling by the end of it. Like just an emotional mess, which she might have played up for the camera, but it looks pretty genuine.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
And while the Foretellers are not fundamentally evil people, they're loyal to MoM and it's honestly imo - pretty easy to make up a compelling reason that they're willing to become villains for the next arc.

I think the most likely 'rationale' for them being villains in KH4 onwards will be that they want to 'return the world' back to Age of Fairy Tales, aka have all the broken up worlds become one world ag

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So Ava is missing essentially because she acted on her own unlike the rest of the idiots? Cuz she seemed to be one of the few willing to question the master which is ....oof

She followed through with her role of creating the Dandellions. But she did question her role and set up some plans for the Dandelions that went against the master's teachings

In the game she confronts Luxu and learns of his role, at that point she's 100% out. Whatever Luxu is doing. She's not OK with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Find out in the next Kingdom Hearts!
tumblr_mqti611uEf1sww70wo1_500.gif
Nomura...it's mobile game stuff isn't it

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
She followed through with her role of creating the Dandellions. But she did question her role and set up some plans for the Dandelions that went against the master's teachings

In the game she confronts Luxu and learns of his role, at that point she's 100% out. Whatever Luxu is doing. She's not OK with it.

I think you all are giving Ava too much credit. She still participates in the keyblade war like everyone else and felt to me like she hated what was happening but still wasn't willing to rebel against the MoM's plan, but rather she wishes she didn't learn what she learned from Luxu so she could keep blindly following MoM instead.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Maleficent knows about the box because Riku-Ansem stabbed her heart allowing her to time travel to the ancient past but ended up in a data version of Enchanted Dominion.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So next question. Why does maleficent kno about the box

The Org XIII told her about it and she regularly time travels to the KHX time trying to find a way to change history and not lose, apparently

I think you all are giving Ava too much credit. She still participates in the keyblade war like everyone else and felt to me like she hated what was happening but still wasn't willing to rebel against the MoM's plan, but rather she wishes she didn't learn what she learned from Luxu so she could keep blindly following MoM instead.

That's far far more than what the others did. MoM was like their God. It's pretty hard for her to accept he's a dick

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought Maleficent knows about the box because Riku-Ansem stabbed her heart allowing her to time travel to the ancient past but ended up in a data version of Enchanted Dominion.
That only explains how she learned about the Book of Prophecies / Data Worlds and was able to recognise Jiminy's Journal and the Datascape in Coded as something similar but it doesn't really explain why she wasn't looking for the box in KH2.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Ava certainly isn't innocent. She may have had more doubts about the MoM than the other Foretellers, but she still wasn't completely willing to go against him.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Been watching some playthroughs of the game and watching the reactions of players to certain scenes, it's kind of amazing seeing how much this series has touched people. There was this player that was completely bawling by the end of it. Like just an emotional mess, which she might have played up for the camera, but it looks pretty genuine.

Considering my reaction while playing the game with no camera I relate to this video

So next question. Why does maleficent kno about the box

I actually know the answer, in the mobile game she had a way to watch the players dreams, those dreams were the events of the keyblade war and back cover.

Also doubling back on it.

Nomura's writing of women is terrible.
Aqua 4 life

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hope she reacts to the epilogue & secret ending!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

she is one of the few KH youtubers I enjoy watching reactions on.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yknow it still makes me mad that the Scala Ad Caelum theme is only around for a minute till your blasted with the 13 Darknesses battle theme. They really should have just let the music continue and let this be the battle theme.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
They said in the game what ever is in the black box represents hope. Honestly, i think Sora's heart is in the black box.
Its probably the MoM's Heart. In the worse case scenario, hope is Union X worldline reconstructed as a databook thatt will be used to bring back the entire Age of Fairytales.
I think the "Terra was actually Ansem's/Xehanort's Guardian Heartless this whole time" was actually really cool
While it was cool, Lingering Will feels entirety pointless now that Guardian=Terra is a thing. Lingering Will felt like Terra's Heart left behind more than anything else.
Sora can't be dead. Sora is KH for all intents and purposes.
You say this figuratively, but Sora being directly linked to KH existing in a Worldline would make complete sense. Its likely why MoM made the heart over the moon, because now that Sora is present he can summon KH.
I don't see a universe Switch doesn't get AT LEAST one KH game.
Me neither. I thini Unchained/Union X will get a Switch exclusive remake, or the Reapers Game Kingdom Hearts.
In hindsight it makes a lot of sense, and was even something people predicted. You can not see it coming, but calling it an "ass pull" doesn't make sense when it was heavily hinted at if you look closely enough. Hell, KH3 basically bangs you over the head with the idea that there's more than meets the eye with Xigbar.
That Olympus scene with him looking over Maleficent was so good, the cutaway after the Master's motto just sealed the deal.
Xehanort didn't want to specifically re-enact the Keyblade War of old.

All he wanted were the conditions to recreate the χ-blade, which so long as there's a clash of light and darkness (7 v 13) that meets a sufficient threshold.

In that regard, we've always known it was going to be a small-scale conflict in terms of number of participants.

Let's not forget that he tried to be lazy about it with during BbS and took the Ventus/Vanitas shortcut, which ended up being a failure. And ironically both his Heartless and Nobody arcs in KH1 and 2 were also the lazy-ass methods.
I love how this retroactively makes the entire series outside of X a simple fact of Xehanort trying to avoid a Keybladd War. Like I'm gonna kill a fuckton of people, but do wr really have to fight like this?
Hmm. So the box most likely contains the MoM's heart which would allow him to return as you can time travel anywhere your heart is. So by putting his heart in the box he would be able to return to the present day.

Doesn't explain how the Foretellers showed up...
During the Keyblade War everyone got sucked up into Kingdom Hearts. Basically, when KH shows up at the end of the game, Luxu was able to release their hearts from KH and bring em back.
KHX are the events of Back Cover, except you experience them through the eyes of your player character. Unchained X is a retelling of said browser game

KHUX is actually the extension of the story of what takes place after the Keyblade War where the Dandelions are sent to the other version of the world by Ava, which was her role given to her by the MoM to ensure Keyblade users survived the war

KHUX download covers all these events of X[chi]/back cover as well

It was mean as a journey for Sora to figure things out on his own or he wouldn't have the power to face Org 13

but I agree. It was not well paced. they should have had

1st Set of Worlds
Save Aqua. You can even talk to her at the Tower or RG if they actually made it a hub
2nd set of worlds
Go Save Ven
Something Else
End Game

also a shame we didn't get to experience Kairi and Lea's training. I loved Kh3 but it had such untapped potential for more
Yep. If the game was split into 3 acts split with the revival of the BBS Trio, it would have been far better paced, and make the game that much better.

Actually.. What if Marluxia / Brian arent the traitors in the new group but a red herring. And that Ventus killed Streletzia since he's the one we least expect. There has to be a reason why Ventus had so much evil/darkness in him to create Vanitas.
Ven being the killer but not the traitor would make sense. Nomura is too used to subverting expectations, and Brain just being really informed of what is going on. Perhaps he is a virus in the good sense, that he doesn't want the world to be one giant lie.

I think the funniest scene in the end game was when they basically said "all these characters have smartphones now and the story recap is on their phones, they can read it if they want to catch up and *hint* *hint* the player should too if they're confused about who all these people are from all the post-KH2 games! Lmao.
i feel that those smartphones with the Union X style avis will be a plot twist. Like Union X being an actual gummiphone game or something.
But like why? Are they "Norted(we now need a new term for somebody's heart being taken over rip) weren't they good in back cover
They are just really loyal to the MoM. That loyalty is likely what will make them just go hey, we are the bad gius now I guess, no turning back.

There ain't a single nondumbass in the lot of foretellers. They're all stupid as shit.

And while the Foretellers are not fundamentally evil people, they're loyal to MoM and it's honestly imo - pretty easy to make up a compelling reason that they're willing to become villains for the next arc.

I think the most likely 'rationale' for them being villains in KH4 onwards will be that they want to 'return the world' back to Age of Fairy Tales, aka have all the broken up worlds become one world ag
Probably. Again, I feel like the Black Box will have the Worldline turned date of the Age of Fairytales, somehow.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
So when do you all expect another game? Be it KH4 or a spin off (for switch?) 2-3 years?
I honestly hope they take their time and in the short term just make really good meaty DLC content for KH3 that surpasses previous Final Mix releases. When they are rushed to make a new KH game it doesn't turn out well. BbS had a long dev cycle and turned out super well. KH3D was a quick turnaround after that can felt rushed and underwhelming.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly hope they take their time and in the short term just make really good meaty DLC content for KH3 that surpasses previous Final Mix releases. When they are rushed to make a new KH game it doesn't turn out well. BbS had a long dev cycle and turned out super well. KH3D was a quick turnaround after that can felt rushed and underwhelming.

While KH3D obviously had a shorter dev cycle of 2-3 years (they pretty much also had the gameplay basis, engine adapted to portable and etc), BBS wasn't that longer neither. The game began as a PS2 title, then they stopped development during the first months and resumed development on PSP and had trouble with the engine. That's why the first trailer used PS2 assets and pretty much didn't match the final game cutscenes, iirc. From 2007 to 2009, it was 3 years.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's kind of funny reading the developer interviews in KH3D's Ultimania and seeing every other person interviewed mentioning how short the development time was.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So when do you all expect another game? Be it KH4 or a spin off (for switch?) 2-3 years?

There's definitely going to be DLC within a year especially after the 5 million sold. Including Final Mix and free updates. Back then DLC wasn't possible for any of those games. Things will be different this time around and this way they can focus on KH4 instead of spending time on different spin-offs over the years. Nomura already said he wants you to be able to play all the KH on one system so it makes little to no sense to do a system spin-off exclusive this day and age. He's also mentioned he doesn't want to do smaller games anymore and wants to focus on the main releases between each game.

Makes sense when you think about it. DLC now exists for that spin-off level content of 15-20 hours. And AAA development means longer development cycles. This way everyone gets what they want. 15-20+ hour spin-off content via Final Mix DLC and KH4 as well. But as it stands, he's working on FFVII:R so you're probably not seeing KH4 for a very long time. Final Mix DLC however, I bet we'll see that within a year for KH3.