• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I always assumed Namine' was Roxas' girlfriend until Xion came along. They didn't get a chance to so much as speak to each other here though. Is she Riku's girlfriend now?

Roxas and Namine are essentially the twin children of Sora and Kairi.

Or, to be more accurate, Roxas is Sora and Ven's son while Namine is Sora and Kairi's daughter, so...twin half-siblings?

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Er, so... did I miss something hidden, or is there just a darkling on the game's cover for no reason whatsoever because they never appear in the game?

Jan 25, 2019
Roxas and Namine are essentially the twin children of Sora and Kairi.

Or, to be more accurate, Roxas is Sora and Ven's son while Namine is Sora and Kairi's daughter, so...twin half-siblings?

Naminè has absolutely nothing from Sora though to be related to Roxas. Not his body, not his soul, not his memories. Sora's body and soul was just used as an intermediary for her to take her own form. Naminè isn't even a real Nobody. I think at some point Ansem hypothesized she's a subspecies. Her birth is the weirdest of all.

It's why Sora didn't need her to wake up. It's why she 100% merged with Kairi. She even started fading away when coming into contact with her when she was fine being in proximity to Sora.

Fans are confused about thinking she's half Sora or something when she's...not.

Anyway, that whole convoluted mess means nothing now.

Everyone's a human doll! :D

Last edited:

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I hate to say it but Verum Rex felt nothing like VersusXIII to me.

Like, aesthetically, it feels like an imitation but not what actually attracted me to Versus in the first place. Its a touch too animu to be Versus which was more filmic.

The dream is dead. Move on Nomura.

Also I am beyond don with Sora as a portag. The Ash Ketchum of videogames. He fucking sucks.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
He needs to be dead to take part in the Reapers game in Shibuya.

weebey.gif

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Naminè has absolutely nothing from Sora though to be related to Roxas. Not his body, not his soul, not his memories. Sora's body and soul was just used as an intermediary for her to take her own form. Naminè isn't even a real Nobody. I think at some point Ansem hypothesized she's a subspecies. Her birth is the weirdest of all.

It's why Sora didn't need her to wake up. It's why she 100% merged with Kairi. She even started fading away when coming into contact with her when she was fine being in proximity to Sora.

Anyway, that whole convoluted mess means nothing now.

Everyone's a human doll! :D

Alright then. Roxas is Ven's son, but adopted by Sora and Kairi.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played up to the Labrinyth in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Yup that's KH. That was seriously really fucking stupid. I am still shaking my head in disbelief. How can the writing still be THIS BAD. It's like expecting you to know and understand lore & plot points that doesn't even exist yet prior to this final area.

And I'm sorry, a war is not 20 fucking people. God the rest of this game better be ace or I'm going to be so pissed off. It started off so strong and just keeps getting worse.

Jan 25, 2019
Alright then. Roxas is Ven's son, but adopted by Sora and Kairi.

Cool beans.

Yup that's KH. That was seriously really fucking stupid. I am still shaking my head in disbelief. How can the writing still be THIS BAD. It's like expecting you to know and understand lore & plot points that doesn't even exist yet prior to this final area.

And I'm sorry, a war is not 20 fucking people. God the rest of this game better be ace or I'm going to be so pissed off. It started off so strong and just keeps getting worse.

Oof.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say it but Verum Rex felt nothing like VersusXIII to me.

Like, aesthetically, it feels like an imitation but not what actually attracted me to Versus in the first place. Its a touch too animu to be Versus which was more filmic.

The dream is dead. Move on Nomura.

Also I am beyond don with Sora as a portag. The Ash Ketchum of videogames. He fucking sucks.
Sora being the world's biggest dork is his best quality. All these other characters are filled with angst or plot dark machinations that take years to come to fruition, and here comes this happy-go-lucky kid with a big key-shaped sword that just wrecks them.

Nov 19, 2017
What do you guys think about the theory in this video.

Basically, he believes the TWEWY references mean SE may do Square Enix worlds, such as DQ, Chrono Trigger and so on.

When you think about the FF stuff was rather missing in KH3. Moreover, it's been a while since KH2. Maybe Nomura doesn't just want to do FF, but the SE portfolio? It's an interesting theory. I would love to see Chrono Trigger worlds, Mana worlds, and so on. Disney will always be there too.

I think a few Square Enix worlds would be a good idea; it'd make it so they don't "blow through" all the most commercially viable Disney properties. Something like 6-8 Disney worlds and 3-4 SE ones would be a decent breakdown.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
When Sora tells the Org members they will be recompleted, does he mean in the past or present or...?

DawnChocobo

Jan 14, 2019
If this is DLC, it'll prob be like the secret episode in BBS right? Which can be accessed from the home screen directly.

Like it starts off after defeating Xehanort and not some random portal to Shibuya that just pops up before the endgame

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Sora being the world's biggest dork is his best quality. All these other characters are filled with angst or plot dark machinations that take years to come to fruition, and here comes this happy-go-lucky kid with a big key-shaped sword that just wrecks them.

Sora was most mature as a character back in KH1.

He is devolving and becoming more ridiculous as the series progresses.

Ita frustrating as heck. He's too shallow considering how many games he got to develop.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Ita frustrating as heck. He's too shallow considering how many games he got to develop.
KH1 was rather special narratively speaking. It was pure hero's journey about friendship.

KH2 came out and the series went wacky lol.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

That's the thing, though. No matter what gets thrown at him, he manages to remain his cheerful self. He basically is a Disney character in that respect.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
When Takahashi called on Nomura to help with character designs in Xenoblade 2, he answered the call. When Nomura calls on Takahashi to help write the Xenogears world for Kingdom Hearts 4, will he repay the favor?

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found it hilarious that Riku hosted a beach party while Sora was dead and Kairi depressed. Too soon Riku.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
When Takahashi called on Nomura to help with character designs in Xenoblade 2, he answered the call. When Nomura calls on Takahashi to help write the Xenogears world for Kingdom Hearts 4, will he repay the favor?
I am here for Sora punching Deus in the dick with a giant robot fist.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I need to see Shibuya on PS5 ya'll.

Speaking of platforms idk if Nomura is going straight to KH4 or not, and if not if he'll release a side game on Switch or something, if they don't just keep things mobile.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018

As if Nomura didn't do enough god damn hand holding in the cutscenes....jesus christ.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Captain_America_Civil_War_poster.jpg

The thing that helps is that Pixar's worlds are good because the Pixar writers helped but the Disney worlds are eh because Disney hamstrings SE and keeps them on a leash. At least story-wise.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

It's because he's the most Disney character created by Square Enix. I kinda hope that Nomura makes more side games about the other protagonists though.

Imagine a game of Roxas teaming up with Mickey or Kairi, Xion and Terra.

Sora can't be dead. Sora is KH for all intents and purposes.

He's dead. It's why he's in TWEWY Shibuya which is a place dead go to in order to win a second chance at life.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Btw if you guys wanna believe the dude that correctly pointed out that Nomura is Re-creating Versus in Kingdom Hearts then the Master of Masters is......

Noctis.

I'll be the first to admit when I don't know what's going on, but what I do know, without theory, is that Square intends on unifying as many of their franchises as possible. I believe Noctis is being the used to do this, because I have been told for a fact he is the MoM there.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh i think the Master of Masters himself might be from a whole different worldline.

He feels really out of place with the foretellers he seems to act different compared to people from that age they are from.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

We knew it was supposed to be 13 vs 7 for literal years now. If you expected more you're only setting yourself up for disappointment since the "7 v 13 clash" has been preached about for ages and is kinda the whole point of the game. If you want a war, refer to UX.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So, whats the general consensus on Xigbar being Luxu? Seems like a giant ass pull to me.

Someone I think mentioned it earlier in this thread but Xigbar is essentially the Revolver Ocelot of the series. There's always been something weird about him so if any character was going to be Luxu, Xigbar was the best choice tbh.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, whats the general consensus on Xigbar being Luxu? Seems like a giant ass pull to me.
In hindsight it makes a lot of sense, and was even something people predicted. You can not see it coming, but calling it an "ass pull" doesn't make sense when it was heavily hinted at if you look closely enough. Hell, KH3 basically bangs you over the head with the idea that there's more than meets the eye with Xigbar.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

This one is actually something that's been foreshadowed from at least DDD/Re:Coded.

I think Nomura knew Luxu was Xigbar when he created Luxu

People have speculated that Xigbar was the MoM before but this fits better as Xigbar acts more like a really douchey version of the MoM.

And it fits well enough with Xigbar knowing more about what's going on than anyone else in ye Orgy in KH II.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
My headcanon is Sora's mom died when the world fell into darkness and it caused a Xion situation where nobody remembers her.

Sure it doesn't make any sense but it's KH so it doesn't have to.

It's mentioned in Re:Com that a lot of hearts were forever lost to darkness when Riku opened the door so I think it fits if Riku essentially orphaned Sora when Destiny Islands fell to darkness.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

He was always dropping hints that he knew a lot more than what he was letting on. Once time travel and body swapping came into play, him being Luxu is far from an ass pull since all the mechanics for him to do such things were now in lore

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Xehanort didn't want to specifically re-enact the Keyblade War of old.

All he wanted were the conditions to recreate the χ-blade, which so long as there's a clash of light and darkness (7 v 13) that meets a sufficient threshold.

In that regard, we've always known it was going to be a small-scale conflict in terms of number of participants.

Let's not forget that he tried to be lazy about it with during BbS and took the Ventus/Vanitas shortcut, which ended up being a failure. And ironically both his Heartless and Nobody arcs in KH1 and 2 were also the lazy-ass methods.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
He was always dropping hints that he knew a lot more than what he was letting on. Once time travel and body swapping came into play, him being Luxu is far from an ass pull since all the mechanics for him to do such things were now in lore

True, DDD pretty much introduced the idea of anything is possible now. I think it felt like that because i watched the back cover movie like a month ago and didn't feel Luxu had that kind of personality when interacting. Also, the beginning of fragmentary passage showed Luxu watching the ending of BBS, even though Braig was there doing his thing during the final battle. I guess he had to go throw on his coat and grab the box real quick lol.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, though. No matter what gets thrown at him, he manages to remain his cheerful self. He basically is a Disney character in that respect.
Of course, that's obviously not true in this game. A few of his friends get knocked down, and he has to be reminded that their hearts are fine so they're fine, so keep fighting to protect them. And once it was just him and Riku, he completely freaked out to the point where Riku had to knock some sense into him (not that it did much good, and it came down to Kairi needing to bail him out with OP Princess of Heart powers). Which like... Riku was right. That wasn't really like Sora, to just completely break down like that and not just keep believing in himself/his friends anyway. Like... KH2 Sora thought Goofy was dead for a moment, and he was obviously upset by that, but he didn't lose sight of what was most important and kept on fighting and believing in his and everyone's abilities. And just seeing Ven/Lea/Donald be out of it was suddenly enough to make Sora start freaking out in KH3? Just a super weird scene, and a huge regression of Sora's character (and being pointless, because you could have just had Sora be defeated without the freakout and him being all depressed and stuff). Hell, KH1 Sora was better than that, since KH1 literally starts off with him losing everything and him having no idea where Kairi or Riku were or what happened to them or anything, and he just picks himself up and starts searching, even if he was in over his head at first.