• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I did also want a little bit of Sora/Namine back in Re:CoM tbh. :P

sora chose wrongly

tumblr_n0apy10T2t1ql40ivo7_r1_250.gif

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
They said in the game what ever is in the black box represents hope. Honestly, i think Sora's heart is in the black box.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I'm damn certain the box is going to be empty.

I mean, no one knows what's actually in there. Not even Xigbar assuming he's actually doing what he's been told.

I'm calling it now: the box doesn't have anything in it, it's going to be a container for something in the future.

Because Nomura can't help dumb twists like that.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
curious why you chose this gif when this was such a bad moment for namine lmao. i understand her feelings were hurt, and how excited she was at the prospect of sora staying and being her friend, but she's intentionally guilting him for it. obviously she's literally a little girl and so that kind of immaturity is to be expected, but still.. this isn't the moment i'd highlight for her. very unflattering

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm damn certain the box is going to be empty.

I mean, no one knows what's actually in there. Not even Xigbar assuming he's actually doing what he's been told.

I'm calling it now: the box doesn't have anything in it, it's going to be a container for something in the future.

Because Nomura can't help dumb twists like that.

He actually does know. The MoM told him what was in it in Back Cover.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
He actually does know. The MoM told him what was in it in Back Cover.
Oh yeah he did.

I mean my prediction still stands, but yeah I guess Xigbar is literally the only person currently in play who actually knows what's going on. Maybe the other foretellers if he actually filled them in after the epilogue.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
curious why you chose this gif when this was such a bad moment for namine lmao. i understand her feelings were hurt, and how excited she was at the prospect of sora staying and being her friend, but she's intentionally guilting him for it. obviously she's literally a little girl and so that kind of immaturity is to be expected, but still.. this isn't the moment i'd highlight for her. very unflattering

I was joking/sharing that GIF from a shipper perspective.

It is literally between a good choice and a choice that makes zero sense, ( unlike the choice she offered Riku ) - and you're right that it's literally a guilt-trip moment, but again, that's partly why I like Namine. In general, even after she's part of the good guy team, she's got more shades of grey and is has her bouts of darkness.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
I was joking/sharing that GIF from a shipper perspective.

It is literally between a good choice and a choice that makes zero sense, ( unlike the choice she offered Riku ) - and you're right that it's literally a guilt-trip moment, but again, that's partly why I like Namine. In general, even after she's part of the good guy team, she's got more shades of grey and is has her bouts of darkness.
gotcha, gotcha 👍🏻

but yeah the fact that she's actually allowed to be upset and do immature imperfect things actually really works to the benefit of her character, i understand you there. compared to kairi (who has never been on anything but her best behavior and never lashed out in any kind of major way even when she's been well within her right to) she feels way more "real" to me and it's because of moments like these

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Who thought it was a good idea to go from

Heartless swarm
To
Heartless tornado that requires asspull Union X
To
Heartless swarm again that requires Yen Sid

Like that's just so bad

JPLC

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think the "Terra was actually Ansem's/Xehanort's Guardian Heartless this whole time" was actually really cool

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Btw I forgot to ask this but do we know what was the moment that the first leaker's brother hated so much?
The first scene at the keyblale graveyard?
Kairi dying?
Probably the former. He had said the game got really bad and then redeemed itself. Kinda sounds like what happened. I also thought the rewind was so dumb. Especially how everyone just jobs the first time around.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
yeah something like that
i'd really love to know what the line is exactly. is there a translation for this scene somewhere?

because if we're talking about asspulls, that would be a big one. "hey look it's the person you wanna see most... your coworker from a few years ago... y'know the one who only ever wanted to talk about sora? yeah, it's him. why? because you're a thing now. because... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
i'd really love to know what the line is exactly. is there a translation for this scene somewhere?

because if we're talking about asspulls, that would be a big one. "hey look it's the person you wanna see most... your coworker from a few years ago... y'know the one who only ever wanted to talk about sora? yeah, it's him. why? because you're a thing now. because... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
what he said is basically the jist of the translation. I guess it's meant to be Repliku? But in the ending Riku comes to pick her up so it was kinda funny.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Aqua went from shredding Vanitas in a minute to "welp, time to die".
It was pretty jarring.
Given that Aqua had just gotten out of the ten-year Darkness hellhole and for some stretch of that time had been consumed by darkness, there might still be some Anti-Aqua in her where she just looked at that heartless tornado and was like "Yep. I'm done."

Oct 25, 2017
I think the "Terra was actually Ansem's/Xehanort's Guardian Heartless this whole time" was actually really cool

That would have been fine if they didn't already have Lingering Will (or whatever it's called). Trying to double up on what happened to Terra's heart after MX took his body just made it feel like a last minute ass pull.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Overall some of the story scenes in the later parts of the game are really badly executed.

Heartless swarm
To
To

Like that's just so bad

What confuses me in that part is why they want to kill the guardians of light while Xehanort needs them for to create the Chi-blade. Also that Heartless swarm was bigger problem than any of the Organization members.

That would have been fine if they didn't already have Lingering Will (or whatever it's called). Trying to double up on what happened to Terra's heart after MX took his body just made it feel like a last minute ass pull.

I was so confused when we saw Terranort later but Lingering Will was nowhere to be found like wtf happened to it.

Last edited:

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
what he said is basically the jist of the translation. I guess it's meant to be Repliku? But in the ending Riku comes to pick her up so it was kinda funny.
somebody correct me if i'm wrong on this but didn't we get an entire diatribe from sora to repliku in CoM about how he's his own person with his own heart and ~unique~ and all that other feel-good stuff?

so quoi de la fuck

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Heartless swarm
To
To

Like that's just so bad
If you call the Union X scene an asspull, what the heck would you actually want? That was an awesome moment.

And Yen Sid finally got out of the tower and did something important other than just talk.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
If you call the Union X scene an asspull, what the heck would you actually want? That was an awesome moment.

And Yen Sid finally got out of the tower and did something important other than just talk.
I'd want it somewhere where it fucking mattered.

That scene could have been the best, but it literally doesn't matter cause they immediately do the same thing again with Yen Sid. Making the sequence a total non entity..

Square has done something like this before WAAAAAAAAAY better.

In KH its literally "well I guess they got their utterly pointless moment."

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Mickey literally said in 0.2 to Aqua that 10 years had passed in the realm of light.

What? I literally just said that myself. The game however implies a few times that time doesn't flow the same way where Aqua is, so it doesn't look like it was actually 10 years for her, supported by how she looks no older then she did 10 years back.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

That scene could have been the best, but it literally doesn't matter cause they immediately do the same thing again with Yen Sid. Making the sequence a total non entity..

It just highlights how many Heartless there are.

Relax. Seriously. You act like you're about to have a rage stroke over this game.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The Union X stuff immediately reminded me of Nier Automata and made me think Nomura just wanted to copy Yoko Taro :P.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

I don't really agree there. The entire point of every scene in the last 5 hours of KH3 is that -everyone- matters in some way. So it's not that it doesn't matter because there was another threat after that, but that they had a solution to every threat even as it piled up one after another, because EVERYTHING matters. There is an equal of light for any darkness.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I also can't get over how Disney worlds are useless in this game. There basically filler and after competing all of the it's just like game on its own decides it's time to finish the story.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The Union X stuff immediately reminded me of Nier Automata and made me think Nomura just wanted to copy Yoko Taro :P.
And he completely missed what made the Nier moment special. But whatever, Nomura missing or misreading emotional beats isn't anything new. Glad some people liked it but I just busted out laughing when it happened. Especially because Sora is doing his little combat barks the whole time and they sound woefully out of place.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't really agree there. The entire point of every scene in the last 5 hours of KH3 is that -everyone- matters in some way. So it's not that it doesn't matter because there was another threat after that, but that they had a solution to every threat even as it piled up one after another, because EVERYTHING matters. There is an equal of light for any darkness.

Yeah, that don't roll with me. Not with the way that entire final sequence was structured.

Its terribly composed. So whatever meaning they wanted to convey from it falls flat on its face.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I also can't get over how Disney worlds are useless in this game. There basically filler and after competing all of the it's just like game on its own decides it's time to finish the story.
They're better integrated into the story than they have been for a long time, though. The Organization actually cares about what's going on in each of the worlds, and thematically they all tie together in some way.

The only one that's kinda dubious is the Caribbean, but even that has a good payoff with Vexen and Luxord being completely wrong about the nature of the box and Davy Jones's heart.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
And he completely missed what made the Nier moment special. But whatever, Nomura missing or misreading emotional beats isn't anything new. Glad some people liked it but I just busted out laughing when it happened. Especially because Sora is doing his little combat barks the whole time and they sound woefully out of place.

Agreed. The emotional connection Nier built really made that moment shine, this came out of nowhere and quite frankly it didn't really make a whole lot of sense. If anything it would leave most people confused as to who is this random kid that just showed up and looks back at the camera for a split second. Why does Sora not react to it? Why does no one else question what happened beyond one or two lines?