• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course he didn't. He's been eating sea salt ice cream since it was cancelled.
tumblr_mkcp4hDjIe1r2uf3jo4_250.gif

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Idk why Aqua acts like mickey abandoned her down in the RoD for over 10 years. For a start, by all accounts time flows far faster in the RoL, she hasn't aged more than a few years visibily which probably means it wasn't 10 years for her and besides, mickey didn't even know she was down there until 10 years had passed and he found her in the run up to closing the DtD, IIRC.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it could be that it really did pass a loooooong time for Aqua, even if the time flows differently in the RoD, but at the same time it could be that people also don't age (or not properly) in the RoD

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding the woman that Lea and Isa were talking about:
Could it not also be that they meant Kairi? We know that Kairi was a part of the experiments before she landed in DI and maybe they two just don't recognise teen-Kairi and this all was just brought up to show that everyone is somehow connected?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Could it not also be that they meant Kairi? We know that Kairi was a part of the experiments before she landed in DI and maybe they two just don't recognise teen-Kairi and this all was just brought up to show that everyone is somehow connected?
According to the reports the girl they talk about is 15 or so and Kairi is like 5 when she's in radiant garden

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Have you read the secret reports?

It's a 15 year old amnesiac that says "may your heart be your guiding key".

It's Skuld.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Personally I don't think Master of Masters is an existing character of any sort. He might share visual similarity to someone in the series (ancestral, incarnation, etc etc ), but he's not gonna be like Xigbar = Luxu.

While MoM always knew he was gonna disappear, the nature of his just vanishing one day and needing Luxu to wait for a 2nd Keyblade War - before he will 'return' makes me think that it's more than just him hiding in plain sight.
I hope he isn't someone we know, but the fact that he wears the black cloak with the hood makes me think he's somebody we know, otherwise why hide it?

DawnChocobo

Jan 14, 2019
Anyone else felt nothing when Kairi was struck down by Xehanort? If Nomura was trying to pull an Aerith, it had zero impact on me.

If anything, it made me mad that Kairi was a damsel in distress again

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Mysterious Figure was in the US version of BbS.
Yeah I was more refering to the Japanese version which only had VR. The US release was much closer to Final Mix, so from what I recall it was a bit of a case of them having extra content ready for Final Mix, so they had time to add some of it to the US release. (MF, Crowns to collect)
That secret ending tells me Nomura never got over the whole XV/Versus XIII fiasco.
The artbook that comes with the game mentions something about 'his secret feelings/thoughts' that he put into the game and how he wonders if you can pick them up.

He's not fooling anyone though, it was obviously Versus 13 and how he can't let go of that game :P

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Have you read the secret reports?

It's a 15 year old amnesiac that says "may your heart be your guiding key".

It's Skuld.
Could also be Ava. Four friends could be the other foretellers. A man with an eyepatch coming to get her I think also fits Luxu/Xigbar getting a foreteller better than Xigbar getting Skuld, since Skuld & Luxu have not interacted (to our current knowledge).

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else felt nothing when Kairi was struck down by Xehanort? If Nomura was trying to pull an Aerith, it had zero impact on me.

Yep, absolutely nothing. If it were Aqua or Xion I would have felt something. But Kairi? Nah. Worst character in KH without a doubt, nomura lost his chance to make her into someone worth caring about here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

Nah, Kairi getting owned to motivate Sora is a running joke now. The game even acknowledged that in the ending. I don't think it was meant to be particularly dramatic or surprising. More like "lol not again..."

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I made a shocked face at first, maybe because it looked kinda brutal. But after I immediately thought "oh please she isn't dead lol"

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I hope he isn't someone we know, but the fact that he wears the black cloak with the hood makes me think he's somebody we know, otherwise why hide it?

Because Luxu has a black-coat and was meant all along to be someone in the Organisation. Also, it indicates that Master of Masters, from the very beginning - had some hand in the ongoings of Xenahort saga, either directly or indirectly.

I won't say I felt nothing, but I felt nothing for Kairi specifically.

I felt really sad for my boy Sora.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Could also be Ava. Four friends could be the other foretellers. A man with an eyepatch coming to get her I think also fits Luxu/Xigbar getting a foreteller better than Xigbar getting Skuld, since Skuld & Luxu have not interacted (to our current knowledge).
If it was Ava, she would have said 5 friends, since she was still friends with Luxu until their battle right before the first Keyblade War.

Luxu also talks about the New Union leaders jumping world lines but doesn't bother to mention Ava having already done so when he talks about wanting to reunite with his friends.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, that was a really badly executed scene on all fronts. From fridging Kairi at all for "motivation" (as if stopping mass murder/genocide by Xehanort isn't motivation enough) to how its handled in the moment to the aftermath (apparently Sora saves Kairi easypeazy out of screen between the fridging and the ending but disappears/dies in the process). The only thing it makes me hopeful is that Kairi gets more of a spotlight in the next KH game. If Sora is dead/lost to the dark abyss, then I hope KHIV doesn't start with Sora but has a sizable chunk where we play as Kairi, to make good of that whole "no, this time I'm gonna protect you" talk that she gave Sora (that was utterly betrayed in KHIII itself)..

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

I already knew what they were going for when Xemnas kidnapped her.
until nomura writes her, Kairi won't be a character, just a pretty dressed plot device.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Even without altering the actual plot development of "Kairi still weak, ends up being killed, Sora has to sacrifice himself to bring her back", I feel like there's quite a few ways that Kairi could've gotten a better spotlight and handling of her character.

For example, if I were writing the Keyblade War sequence:
- I'd make it so that from the very beginning of the Final World sequence, it's shown that Kairi was the one who saved Sora ( basically both Kairi and Sora make it to the Final World )
- you play as 2-party team (Sora and Kairi) during the Final World sequence and Waking the Dead sequence going from world-to-world to revive the dead guardians
- highlight that it was Kairi's light and strength that kept both of them alive during the whole thing (because power of waking is dangerous etc etc)
- don't have Xemnas kidnap Kairi and she follows you to the top
- or even if Xemnas kidnaps Kairi, you save her after defeating Xemnas
- Xehanort decides to attack/kill Sora to forge final key
- Kairi steps in between to take the blow and die to protect him

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
If it was Ava, she would have said 5 friends, since she was still friends with Luxu until their battle right before the first Keyblade War.

Luxu also talks about the New Union leaders jumping world lines but doesn't bother to mention Ava having already done so when he talks about wanting to reunite with his friends.
Luxu wasn't with the other Foretellers anymore, so it would have been four. Though now that I think about it more, the Foretellers only come back at the end of KHIII and Skuld makes more sense combined with the fact that she, Ventus, Marluxia & others jumped to another timeline or whatever and seem to have lost their memories. Technically Ava could've been with them too but I'm not sure we have anything to prove that.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Final Mix should really extend the Xion/Sora scene so that her heart is returned to her somehow. It's such a giant plot hole.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
How long until we find out that Sora is the Master of Masters? As someone who is familiar, but not 100% fluent in KH lore, I thought Nomura was leading us up to a wicked plot twist like this in the final act.

They mentioned Sora had three hearts in him and... I figured they were Ven, Roxas, and (somehow) Xehanort. Then that scrap of Xehanort would lead him down a path that would eventually make him the Master of Masters. Which could address why Luxu seems to be aware of what's in store for Sora. It would betray every major theme of the story so far, but it would have been awesome as far as the story is concerned, dramatically changing the course of the narrative. I like this version of the story much more. It will be my headcanon.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

If it was Riku I would've lost my shit. They're the real OTP. Kairi deserved more stuff to do than to get her ass kicked then die

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to seeing the Ultimania details we get at the end of the month and hopefully a decent amount of artwork from the game (i'd love to see Nomura art of everyones new duds from the ending)

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

Kairi continues to be somebody of such insignificance in the series that I don't get why she's still even around, really. Unlike everything else, we really haven't seen her or her relationship with Sora grow, we're just kind of told it's a thing.

So when Xehanort kills her it's like... I get why I'm supposed to care, I just don't.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even without altering the actual plot development of "Kairi still weak, ends up being killed, Sora has to sacrifice himself to bring her back", I feel like there's quite a few ways that Kairi could've gotten a better spotlight and handling of her character.

For example, if I were writing the Keyblade War sequence:
- I'd make it so that from the very beginning of the Final World sequence, it's shown that Kairi was the one who saved Sora ( basically both Kairi and Sora make it to the Final World )
- you play as 2-party team (Sora and Kairi) during the Final World sequence and Waking the Dead sequence going from world-to-world to revive the dead guardians
- highlight that it was Kairi's light and strength that kept both of them alive during the whole thing (because power of waking is dangerous etc etc)
- don't have Xemnas kidnap Kairi and she follows you to the top
- or even if Xemnas kidnaps Kairi, you save her after defeating Xemnas
- Xehanort decides to attack/kill Sora to forge final key
- Kairi steps in between to take the blow and die to protect him

That would be 100 times better really, simple changes all around too.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Kairi continues to be somebody of such insignificance in the series that I don't get why she's still even around, really. Unlike everything else, we really haven't seen her or her relationship with Sora grow, we're just kind of told it's a thing.

So when Xehanort kills her it's like... I get why I'm supposed to care, I just don't.

I mean, how are we supposed to care about anyone dying when the series has made its point that everyone can somehow be saved? There are no stakes.

Roxas demise was sad because we wouldn't see him again. The same goes for Axel and Xion. Now that everyone is back and even the bad guys are somehow the good guys, what's there to care about when someone dies?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I mean, how are we supposed to care about anyone dying when the series has made its point that everyone can somehow be saved? There are no stakes.

Roxas demise was sad because we wouldn't see him again. The same goes for Axel and Xion. Now that everyone is back and even the bad guys are somehow the good guys, what's there to care about when someone dies?
Nomura, for all the flack he rightfully gets with his writing, really can do emotional character moments. Kairi is written as though she deserves the same emotional weight as Xion gets in Days, but we don't have nearly enough time with her for there to be any sort of payoff. She's just cardboard, all we know about her is that she likes Sora, is from Radiant Garden... is a girl? We never get any actual growth or development for her like we do Sora and Riku, and barely see them interact outside of her being a damsel who needs saving.

Knowing that she can be saved is a given, but the moment should've had more gravity. Could've had Xehanort play up the demise he was giving her to be some sort of next level death... it wouldn't be the first time they've changed the rules to put characters in mortal peril.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Btw I forgot to ask this but do we know what was the moment that the first leaker's brother hated so much?
The first scene at the keyblale graveyard?
Kairi dying?

DawnChocobo

Jan 14, 2019

I agree. Unlike VII / Crisis Core and several other FF titles, there is nothing at stake here in KH. Everyone in the series never truly dies, even the "bad" guys. I would rather have these characters live on as legacies (like Zack etc) rather than being "saved" to appease their respective fan bases. Don't get me wrong, I love Xion, Axel and Roxas. In fact, they're amongst my favourites but I felt that their "resurrections" just made their deaths a lot less emotional. Xion's death in particular will always be one of my top KH moments. And Roxas saying "Guess my summer vacation is over" is another top tier moment too.

Again, don't hate me but I felt the trio should have remained dead.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Idk why Aqua acts like mickey abandoned her down in the RoD for over 10 years. For a start, by all accounts time flows far faster in the RoL, she hasn't aged more than a few years visibily which probably means it wasn't 10 years for her and besides, mickey didn't even know she was down there until 10 years had passed and he found her in the run up to closing the DtD, IIRC.
There is absolutely no official statement that says time flows faster in RoD.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I remember clicking the spoiler thread during the leak time reading something about Aqua dying or something and had me worried lol.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Kairi in general, just doesn't have a compelling arc of her own.

Nowhere close to Xion or Namine in the least.

Xion's arc in Days is well-documented, and although it's bite-sized, Namine's overall arc that is spread across CoM, Days and II was really good. She went from a demure girl who was manipulated by the Organisation, and touched by Sora, becomes one of his silent guardians that works to ensure that he would be restored, no matter what.

Also, she saved Kairi in KH2. :D

#giveherakeybladeinKH4

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I remember clicking the spoiler thread during the leak time reading something about Aqua dying or something and had me worried lol.
Yeah hahaha. back then the leaker accidentally posted a video on Reddit with Riku RoD gameplay and on the background of the video he was saying
something about Aqua dying.He deleted this video like a minute after he uploaded it so no one had time to make a copy but some people saw the video
and that's who this whole speculation started xD.

Btw you missed some really funny moments back then , I recommend you to try and check the first pages of the spoiler thread, it was really wild