• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, in terms of fun factor I think it's the best final battle in the series and Ishimoto did a great job with the Destati/Rage Awakened remix.
It is a weird choice to go with Rage Awakened as a sort of Xehanort theme. Maybe something like Black Powder would've been nice

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I am just glad that they didn't do the rpg cliche "the final boss turns into dragon" for the third time. The final boss, counting just what happens in Scala, is plenty climatic as it is.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The coolest part of fighting Xehanort is his attack after you return from anti form where he turns anti and attacks from the organization chairs.

That legit is one of the coolest moves i have ever seen a boss do.

Also a world made just to act as a final boss stage was awesome especially how it changed and then the ruins of daybreak town underwater.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
So wait. Let me get this straightened out.

Do they go into the past when they follow Xehanort into the big black hole?

If so, does that mean Scala is the past form of the Keyblade Graveyard?

Which means it used to be Daybreak Town?

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017

What I got from it was that the portal led to the inside of Xehanort and we visited the Scala from his memories, like how there is a Destiny Island inside Sora.
At least that is how I saw it.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL

I think it's like how Riku was able to be in Destiny Islands when he was in Sora's heart in DDD, only this world doesn't physically exist in the present. Just an empty memory in Xehanort's heart that he can twist to his will.

But that's all just headcanon, so IDK.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an official name for the masked XIII you fight in the beginning of Scala? I can't seem to find them on the game's database.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know what I was supposed to think about Daybreak being upside down beneath Scala, or even just that world in general. Felt like some deep dark souls lore that was massively going over my head there.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a fun question to ponder.

Where did Demyx fuck off to? I mean, if I was dead weight in Org XIII, I'd probably be looking for the nearest emergency exit.

DawnChocobo

Jan 14, 2019
The coolest part of fighting Xehanort is his attack after you return from anti form where he turns anti and attacks from the organization chairs.

That legit is one of the coolest moves i have ever seen a boss do.

Also a world made just to act as a final boss stage was awesome especially how it changed and then the ruins of daybreak town underwater.

Power of friendship > X-Blade + Kingdom Hearts

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There so many good bit and so many terrible ones in the final battle. Its wild. So many highs and lows.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still reeling over these two pieces. You can definitely hear some of the influences from FFXV. They are up there with Hellfire as being some of my favourite tracks in recent memory. Bless the Goddess for delivering so many iconic melodies.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Idk why Aqua acts like mickey abandoned her down in the RoD for over 10 years. For a start, by all accounts time flows far faster in the RoL, she hasn't aged more than a few years visibily which probably means it wasn't 10 years for her and besides, mickey didn't even know she was down there until 10 years had passed and he found her in the run up to closing the DtD, IIRC.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Here's a fun question to ponder.

Where did Demyx fuck off to? I mean, if I was dead weight in Org XIII, I'd probably be looking for the nearest emergency exit.
He's the only one of the Nobodies that wasn't shone to have returned to being human. This, combined with his claims of being "pretty strong if he gets serious" and his disdain of violence makes me think he'll be very important going forward.

Looking at his gestures and how innocuous he seems, I would even go so far as to say he could be a fragment of the MoM (of which I think there are several). When we learn his original name, I'll have a better idea of whether or not my theory is true.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When they replayed that scene where they first met Terra-Xehanort, I honestly thought I loaded up a previous save lol

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
When they replayed that scene where they first met Terra-Xehanort, I honestly thought I loaded up a previous save lol
yeah same. I actually saved right before the second time, went to sleep and continued the next day. I thought "Oh shit I didn't save it? Do I have to fight all those Liches again???" lol

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Idk why Aqua acts like mickey abandoned her down in the RoD for over 10 years. For a start, by all accounts time flows far faster in the RoL, she hasn't aged more than a few years visibily which probably means it wasn't 10 years for her and besides, mickey didn't even know she was down there until 10 years had passed and he found her in the run up to closing the DtD, IIRC.

Mickey literally said in 0.2 to Aqua that 10 years had passed in the realm of light.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Though early in the game, hearing Xemnas say that both he and Ansem were instructed to guide Sora really drove home the fact that they were just lackeys this time around. But I also can't imagine the old man bossing around every single final boss (save for Re:Coded) in the series.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
He's the only one of the Nobodies that wasn't shone to have returned to being human. This, combined with his claims of being "pretty strong if he gets serious" and his disdain of violence makes me think he'll be very important going forward.

Looking at his gestures and how innocuous he seems, I would even go so far as to say he could be a fragment of the MoM (of which I think there are several). When we learn his original name, I'll have a better idea of whether or not my theory is true.
Oh my God. If Demyx is the MoM it will be the best plot twist of all time, and the personality even fits.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing about the Demyx twist is I feel there'd be more to it, like he's a piece of the Master of Masters/part of his personality. It certainly would be a Nomura move to do something like that though. Xigbar keeps on saying stuff like you don't know what destiny has in store for you, as though he knows what's gonna happen to Sora after this game. Perhaps the Master of Masters told Luxu something about Sora and where he'll endup or he's related to the Master of Masters plan, it just felt so weird for Xigbar to mention it like he really knew what was gonna happen to Sora.

That and Sora fading away too like the Master of Master described his fading away in Backcover.

That'd one of the things about 3 I find tough. We're left with so many questions about what'll happen in the future and we're gonna be left hanging for quite awhile. I know it's like that in every installment but i'm especially feeling it in 3 more than any other installment for some reason. (maybe because we haven't had a new Kingdom Hearts game (excluding 0.2 and chi/union x) since 2012 so i'm so used to being without a new installment for so long.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Oh my God. If Demyx is the MoM it will be the best plot twist of all time, and the personality even fits.
The only thing about the Demyx twist is I feel there'd be more to it, like he's a piece of the Master of Masters/part of his personality. It certainly would be a Nomura move to do something like that though.

That'd one of the things about 3 I find tough. We're left with so many questions about what'll happen in the future and we're gonna be left hanging for quite awhile. I know it's like that in every installment but i'm especially feeling it in 3 more than any other installment for some reason. (maybe because we haven't had a new Kingdom Hearts game (excluding 0.2 and chi/union x) since 2012 so i'm so used to being without a new installment for so long.
My theory is that he's split into multiple parts, and Vanitas and maybe Demyx are part of that. I wouldn't be surprised if Luxord and maybe a few other characters are also pieces of MoM.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Personally I don't think Master of Masters is an existing character of any sort. He might share visual similarity to someone in the series (ancestral, incarnation, etc etc ), but he's not gonna be like Xigbar = Luxu.

While MoM always knew he was gonna disappear, the nature of his just vanishing one day and needing Luxu to wait for a 2nd Keyblade War - before he will 'return' makes me think that it's more than just him hiding in plain sight.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone checked the credits to see who played the Unnamed Star? I was playing the ending again so my boyfriend could watch the boss fight and the ending cutscenes and he got spoilt when he say "Ira, Invi, Aced etc" in the credits. And he is not even a KH player.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty funny that Skuld wasn't shown/voiced in Backcover so because she didn't have a line we can't if the nameless star was her or not.
Has anyone checked the credits to see who played the Unnamed Star? I was playing the ending again so my boyfriend could watch the boss fight and the ending cutscenes and he got spoilt when he say "Ira, Invi, Aced etc" in the credits. And he is not even a KH player.
Madison Davenport apparently. She hasn't done much videogame voice acting work, but she voiced Materia in Dissidia NT, so it's not a out of place/random choice if she's done voice acting work for Square-Enix before.

Last edited:

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty funny that Skuld wasn't shown/voiced in Backcover so because she didn't have a line we can't if the nameless star was her or not.Madison Davenport apparently. She hasn't done much videogame voice acting work, but she voiced Materia in Dissidia NT, so it's not a out of place/random choice if she's done voice acting work for Square-Enix before.

Thanks. I guess that kinda rules out Ava then.

Betting it's Skuld.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Stars, I saw the conversation in both Japanese and English and it was interesting how Japanese dialogue with Namine seems to ship Riku and Namine a bit more lol.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Beat Dark inferno, actually a very cool fight and I really appreciate that he actually gets staggered and he's not stupid like the BBS bosses.

Only wish he had a slightly bigger moveset...and that there was more secret enemies like him.Sorcerer and Berserker were cool throwbacks, but surely they could have fit in an Unversed secret boss or a couple more Heartless bosses seeing as Sephiroth is gone now.

Final Mix please help.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Dark inferno, actually a very cool fight and I really appreciate that he actually gets staggered and he's not stupid like the BBS bosses.

Only wish he had a slightly bigger moveset...and that there was more secret enemies like him.Sorcerer and Berserker were cool throwbacks, but surely they could have fit in an Unversed secret boss or a couple more Heartless bosses seeing as Sephiroth is gone now.

Final Mix please help.
there are literally only 4 unversed in the game, I get that they are more or less the same as an emblem heartless design-wise, but their inclusion is pretty wasted as it is.

nesciens is a better name, deal with it.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It's worth noting that vanilla KH2 only had one secret/optional boss aswell (Sephiroth) same with Birth By Sleep with Vanitas Remnant and both of the Final Mixes added more bosses so I definitely think we'll get at least one more in 3 DLC (probably teasing the next game)

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
there are literally only 4 unversed in the game, I get that they are more or less the same as an emblem heartless design-wise, but their inclusion is pretty wasted as it is.

nesciens is a better name, deal with it.
Yeah they are a waste. Putting them in one world, really restricted how many they put in. At least we got the superior blue colored Flood instead of the ugly ass purple from BBSFM. One of the few positive things to say about their implementation in this game.