• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Worst model is CGI Sora. What the hell did they do to his face? C'mon, Visual Works. You're better than this.
b3b734b0c7b37fdae7f84b250986a666.png

Yeah there is something very wrong with his face in this shot.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Worst model is CGI Sora. What the hell did they do to his face? C'mon, Visual Works. You're better than this.
Sora and Kairi were cutened up in KH3. I wish they wouldn't have done it, but Sora is fine while Kairi just looks too young.

But do you guys remember the 0.2 E3 demo? I remember seeing that and being like "Oh god, is KH3 gonna look like shit?"

maxresdefault.jpg

But he looks great in the final release. Pretty much everyone does aside from maybe Yen Sid. The lighting in Mysterious Tower is kinda bad, and really unflattering for a lot of the character models, so maybe it's just that, but YS has always looked super rubbery to me in his UE4 model.

Why do I get the feeling the intentionally made the KH2 Sora model worse than the KH3 one? Maybe it's just his old hair style.
I think it just didn't get as much love as his new outfit since it was only used for one world.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but that keyblade was originally his, which was why he could take it back. It only went to Sora after Riku fell to darkness and Sora managed to keep it when his heart proved to be stronger than Riku's. You can't steal a keyblade if you don't have the power to wield one. The power needs to be passed on to you. Sora was a special case because he had Ven's heart in him, which allowed him to wield a keyblade without ever being given the power to wield one like Terra did with Riku and Aqua did with Kairi.

Sora could wield the Keyblade pre-KH1 Hollow Bastion because he touched Riku's light (the light that appeared as he was reaching for Riku) and he was essentially leeching off of him. Had nothing to do with Ven.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Post launch battle gates or a Data room like KH2FM with individual boss fights would be bloody amazing. Plus it would let us hear individual boss themes!
I definitely wouldn't mind battlegates in the style of DDD where you fight boss fights over again just so I can hear that boss music from Corona and Arendelle again.
Playing as Kairi or Lea would actually be a good excuse to be level 1 again
An Axel, Isa, and Kairi team would be nice with them on a mission finding that girl.
Still came out looking golden compared to Aqua.

You get to play as her to win the fight against Vanitas and she still gets wrecked.
Vanitas had to use a trick to beat her. Mickey flat out got defeated multiple times and probably would be stuck in the dark realm if it wasn't for Sora.
Hot take, only Aqua looks good. The other two always looked dumb.
No lies detected here. Not to mention how Terra's pants tend to look like a long ass skirt when he's just standing.

Jan 25, 2019
I read this a couple of days ago, dunno if you guys did

Wow, I think I laughed sardonically with what we know of KHIII's treatment of characters and his words.

(felt like that was a legacy thing back when the series didn't decide on making them their own characters ).

This confused me. What?

They were their own characters with their own agency and the majority of their interactions were as their own people.

I was pretty pissed that they couldn't be bothered to give Namine a new outfit in the end when they gave literally everybody else one. Even freaking Xion.

Her and Roxas didn't get new duds. With Naminè, it's understandable, Nomura kept her shafted until last minute. But Roxas had time.

He sticks out like a sore thumb in between people who are up to date on Japanese fashion.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
Why do I get the feeling the intentionally made the KH2 Sora model worse than the KH3 one? Maybe it's just his old hair style.
i noticed this too. it's the hair. they broke what used to be a handful of big spikes into a bunch of little skinny ones. it makes him look like he used too much hair gel lmao

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Vanitas had to use a trick to beat her. Mickey flat out got defeated multiple times and probably would be stuck in the dark realm if it wasn't for Sora.
Everyone got smacked around in the Dark World this time, but she falls for both Vanitas and Terranorts traps, and gets obliterated alongside everyone else.

They kinda handwave it by saying she's not at full strength after all that time, but she never has an opportunity to do anything other than get saved by Sora, when even Mickey comes to Riku's rescue.

Even when Mickey gets captured by Luxord, it's because he's trying to protect Sora.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
This confused me. What?

They were their own characters with their own agency and the majority of their interactions were as their own people.

I meant that in KH2, we were supposed to treat the merging of Roxas/Sora and Namine/Kairi as an inevitable end, and all things said and done, a good thing for Roxas and Namine. They continued to live on in their own way within Sora and Kairi. It was sad during the events of KH2 itself, but the ending when the 4 of them were together had a positive tone to it with them smiling and all that.

It's different now.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Everyone got smacked around in the Dark World this time, but she falls for both Vanitas and Terranorts traps, and gets obliterated alongside everyone else.

They kinda handwave it by saying she's not at full strength after all that time, but she never has an opportunity to do anything other than get saved by Sora, when even Mickey comes to Riku's rescue.

Even when Mickey gets captured by Luxord, it's because he's trying to protect Sora.

Everybody got smacked to be honest, even Sora. Mickey and Riku got wrecked in the RoD, by Luxord, and by Xehanort. Aqua got wrecked by Sora, Ansem, Vanitas, and Terranort. Kairi was literally called motivation before being killed by Xehanort. Lea got destroyed by Terranort and Xemnas. And everybody got wrecked by the Demon Tide. No point in arguing who got it worse because they all got it pretty bad.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You really can't blame her for the ether trap tho. Vanitas was attacking Ven cause he was defeated in that battle and she was trying to stop it and the Terranort was her and Ven desperately wanting there friend back. Mickey literally did jack shit the whole time
Everybody got smacked to be honest, even Sora. Mickey and Riku got wrecked in the RoD, by Luxord, and by Xehanort. Aqua got wrecked by Sora, Ansem, Vanitas, and Terranort. Kairi was literally called motivation before being killed by Xehanort. Lea got destroyed by Terranort and Xemnas. And everybody got wrecked by the Demon Tide. No point in arguing who got it worse because they all got it pretty bad.
Also this

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Still of the belief that they should have rolled 0.2 into KH3. It would have only made that game better.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I mean, yeah. Everyone got their asses handed to them at some point and it helped set up the True Organization as a legitimate threat.

But Aqua's spent so long being a punching bag that I was hoping she'd get to do something.
You really can't blame her for the ether trap tho. Vanitas was attacking Ven cause he was defeated in that battle and she was trying to stop it and the Terranort was her and Ven desperately wanting there friend back. Mickey literally did jack shit the whole time
We can at least point to Mickey doing something even if it wasn't shown onscreen. Aqua forces herself into a 1 on 1 and wins, then loses in a cutscene. It kinda sucks.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like seriously.

0.2 added to Kh3 would

1. Give an addition world(That's also 3 Disney Worlds)
  2. Add five extra bosses
  3. Make that statement of more than one playable character not feel like a crock of shit
  4. AND ADD ANOTHER SUPER BOSS

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Like seriously.

0.2 added to Kh3 would

2. Add five extra bosses
  3. Make that statement of more than one playable character not feel like a crock of shit
It's not part of KH3 for a reason and wouldn't fit. Be happy that 0.2 even exists.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's not part of KH3 for a reason and wouldn't fit. Be happy that 0.2 even exists.

The thing they explicitly said was going to be the prologue for the game before they cut it out to be a demo doesn't fit?

Man, fuck outta here with that.

It perfectly fits, and gives some context to an otherwise limp implementation of Riku (really 1 and a half boss fights?)

KH3 actively gains several things by 0.2 being in it. And loses a lot without it.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Like seriously.

0.2 added to Kh3 would

2. Add five extra bosses
But why? I still have all of that with 0.2 AND I got to play new KH game sooner.

Also, what makes you think it would be the same if it were a prologue to the game?

Jan 25, 2019
I meant that in KH2, we were supposed to treat the merging of Roxas/Sora and Namine/Kairi as an inevitable end, and all things said and done, a good thing for Roxas and Namine. They continued to live on in their own way within Sora and Kairi. It was sad during the events of KH2 itself, but the ending when the 4 of them were together had a positive tone to it with them smiling and all that.

It's different now.

I guess, but Roxas and Naminè still bonded together without the legacy aspect tied to it. Their thoughts about why they were content in the first place should take precedence.

On the other hand, some people would still argue that should have been it for them.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But why? I still have all of that with 0.2 AND I got to play new KH game sooner.
Cause 0.2 on its own is unsatisfying short.

And KH3 without 0.2 losses a world (A unique one at that and given what we got for Twilight Town, Scala and Land of Departure, it'd be a nice change of pace), and is just painfully awkward (Daily reminder the Xbox crowd still don't get that game.)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The thing they explicitly said was going to be the prologue for the game before they cut it out to be a demo doesn't fit?

Man, fuck outta here with that.

It perfectly fits, and gives some context to an otherwise limp implementation of Riku (really 1 and a half boss fights?)

KH3 actively gains several things by 0.2 being in it. And loses a lot without it.

One of the big issues would be having a world that the plot mandates you really can't easily go back to. Sora can't just jump in and out of the Dark Realm and Aqua is NOT willingly going back in there after leaving. So you'd basically have to cut out a lot of what made it unique to turn it into an extended prologue that doesn't even have the same gameplay as the main game.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Visual works (and Nomura) put more juice into the Verum Rex stuff than in any cutscene from Kh3. It's really disappointing, tbh.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
One of the big issues would be having a world that the plot mandates you really can't easily go back to. Sora can't just jump in and out of the Dark Realm and Aqua is NOT willingly going back in there after leaving. So you'd basically have to cut out a lot of what made it unique to turn it into an extended prologue that doesn't even have the same gameplay as the main game.

...So what?

And please, they've given us flimsy ass excuses for why the cast goes back to worlds they damn well shouldn't all the time. Hell half of Arendelle is a maze you have less than zero reason to return to any time.

And doesn't have the same gameplay as the main game? 0.2 has

situation commands
Shotlocks
Flow Motion
And all the basic stuff sora has.
Hell Aqua is just straight lifted from it for the Vantias fight

It's only missing Links and Attraction flows. The two most "You can ignore this shit" mechanics in the game.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We can at least point to Mickey doing something even if it wasn't shown onscreen. Aqua forces herself into a 1 on 1 and wins, then loses in a cutscene. It kinda sucks.
That's not even a lose in a cutscene in a traditional sense like the cutscene itself shows that she won that battle. It's not like a scene where after you win a boss fight the cutscene shows you straight up loss the fight.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
In a compilation you have to pay 40 to buy, yeah

but that's another issue. Seemed to me you just wanted KH3 to be a better package. 0.2 doesn't fit the mood of KH3 at all imo, especially as a prologue. You probably already either played 0.2 or watched it on Youtube.

Now if you want something to be added/fixed to improve the game except not yet released, I'd understand.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
...So what?

And please, they've given us flimsy ass excuses for why the cast goes back to worlds they damn well shouldn't all the time. Hell half of Arendelle is a maze you have less than zero reason to return to any time.

And doesn't have the same gameplay as the main game? 0.2 has

situation commands
Shotlocks
Flow Motion
And all the basic stuff sora has.
Hell Aqua is just straight lifted from it for the Vantias fight

It's only missing Links and Attraction flows. The two most "You can ignore this shit" mechanics in the game.

I mean, there's a difference beteeen "shouldn't" and "can't". Aqua straight-up doesn't have the power to leave the Dark Realm at will - that's the entire reason she was stuck there for a decade. Having her just jump back in there to go fight a superboss makes literally no logical sense.

The only way to really make it work would be to have revisiting it as a post-game-only world, but at the same time, would that really be something people would be excited to do in the postgame?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, there's a difference beteeen "shouldn't" and "can't". Aqua straight-up doesn't have the power to leave the Dark Realm at will - that's the entire reason she was stuck there for a decade. Having her just jump back in there to go fight a superboss makes literally no logical sense.

The only way to really make it work would be to have revisiting it as a post-game-only world, but at the same time, would that really be something people would be excited to do in the postgame?
Given the game's current post game... YES

None of the superbosses make logical fucking sense. They're superbosses. Why the fuck are you fighting lingering will or the Databosses? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK?! NOBODY

And you act like Kh is some tight narrative when everything proves its riding by the seat of its pants at best of times.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
but that's another issue. Seemed to me you just wanted KH3 to be a better package. 0.2 doesn't fit the mood of KH3 at all imo, especially as a prologue. You probably already either played 0.2 or watched it on Youtube.
Yeah, I want it to be a better package. I'm fine with that. A lot. The last six or so hours of this game made it clear i shouldn't give a fuck narratively.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

None of the superbosses make logical fucking sense. They're superbosses. Why the fuck are you fighting lingering will or the Databosses? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK?! NOBODY

And you act like Kh is some tight narrative when everything proves its riding by the seat of its pants at best of times.

I'm just saying, if I beat the game, I would not be excited to be able to go run around a tutorial area again. I want arena battles and battle gates involving re-fights of the Organization members.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm just saying, if I beat the game, I would not be excited to be able to go run around a tutorial area again. I want arena battles and battle gates involving re-fights of the Organization members.
And how is that even remotely fucking different? You're just repackaging your nonsensical narrative superbosses in a different way.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Sephiroth has been a superboss in the past. Like, c'mon folks. Just because there's a passing mention for him being "Cloud's Darkness" or whatever is the weakest excuse ever, lol. You can send someone back to the Dark World to fight some kind of weird boss.

Alternatively, they can do what the other games have done and have a superboss be a hidden version of the next game's antagonist.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I don't mind getting drip feed of content through DLC for KH3 as long as I don't have to wait yeears to be play more.

I don't really care much for having a better package, game can be an 8/10 or 10/10, if gameplay is great, then just gimmie the story. It's hard to wait while not knowing so many things like who the MoM is or what is in the Black Box.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's true... but well there were a lot of pre-rendered cutscenes.

Yeah, but the KH original stuff they did for this game didn't have the mind-blowing beautifulness of something like KH2 opening/ending. Hell the Verum Rex stuff felt like top of the line VisualWorks stuff but then their work on the game was weird. Even the opening suffers (the roxas scenes in twilight town) i don't know if it's the lighting quality or the lack of better models but it shows too much.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
0.2 is good fun and helps a lot going into KH3, but i'm glad i didn't start KH3 with 0.2. going a few hours without the main cast would have sucked, not as bad as the start of KH2 but it would have been a bad start to the game. for some people it would have been a day or 2 before they could have gotten to play as sora in KH3. that's not what you want.