• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
There's a traitor amongst the foretellers supposedly. It's never been revealed who it is, if there even is one.
I think in the first group its Ava, that much is obvious. Girl understood that MoM and Luxu were shady as fuck, bailed with a back up plan for the dandelions and has been doing her own thing. As for the second group, the update last week made that obvious as well. Although I guess those aren't really fortellers yet.

I see people talking about possibly changing the protagonist, and I'm wondering how people would feel if Ephemer was playable in KH4. Clearly he's going to be important based on his appearance st the very end of KH3.
I think in the very least we will see an Empher/Ven/Skuld game. Or Ephemer/Sklud/Brain. Sorta like BBS.

I think my biggest issue with the convoluted stupid mobile game stuff is that it's all so wound up in A) uninteresting one note characters that mean nothing and have no personality or genuine impact on the narrative (or shouldn't because who the fuck has 300 hours or a ton of money to spend on a phone game to get the lore for a childrens game?) and B) that the crappy phone game now also has this "dual timelines/combating timelines" thing with a shut-down, Japan only, browser game that you cannot get any frame of reference for other than "fuck it I guess I'll watch a youtube video".

Doubling down on timelines, time travel, bad characters and making all of that now no longer background information to make things slightly more interesting but as INTEGRAL and critical pieces of information is just so dumb and it still really bugs me.

Like, why should I care about the Master of Masters or his dumb plan or his dumb students? It's the same reason early Final Fantasy games drop the ball, nobody likes the "asspull villain that was really pulling the strings" shit.

I never really fully understood why they just kinda... abandoned the whole "Keyblade armor" thing.
It was a poorly thoughout excuse to have them get between worlds and add a new gameplay mechanic, like having the unversed instead of heartless despite them properly existing for centuries as we know now
Honestly, I think the only way the Xigbar twist makes sense is if Luxu somehow stole Xigbar's body after the events of KH2.
Nah, its from before BBS. I'd even wager Luxu jumped to Braig after playing the role of Xehanort and Eraqus' Keyblade Master in Scala ad Caelum, and after MX stole no name.

about the new 7 Princesses of Lights, why this plot?
A failed attempt at using the same excuse as KH1 and BBS to have some new Disney Worlds.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Man I'm still extremely disappointed that we can't explore Scala some more. It's easily the best looking world in the series (TWTNW comes close) and we can't even explore a quarter of it.

Ultima is the most powerful out of all of them and Mickey Mouse used it.

And still lost to Xehanort and his stopza. I was like damn they can't even give Mickey a break. Dude used one of the most OP spells out there and still got wrecked.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
- Since Nomura is showing his revenge for Versus 13 in future KH games, maybe instead of Kairi we'll get Namine to be Stella's equivalent and be a badass Keyblade wielder while Kairi still waits for Sora. ( now that Kairi can wield a keyblade Namine surely can too! ) =P

i know you're probably kidding but i would play the absolute shit out of a namine-led game. the only caveat to this would be that riku would surely be forced as the love interest (which is dreadful for a whole host of reasons...) but yeah, if all nomura is going to do with kairi is wave her around like bait and harm/kill her, he should honestly just go ahead and recast her role as Main Girl™️ with someone who a) isn't purported to be competent and capable of self-defense while in actuality being as fragile and vulnerable as a newborn kitten and b) has more narrative significance than "she's the love interest and watch her save the day with the power of being-the-love-interest"

edit: in no way am i trying to suggest that namine is absolutely perfect in aspects a and b (she did essentially epitomize the role of captive princess in CoM and sora/riku arguing over who got to be her bodyguard was essentially the whole plot of the story) but she does possess massively powerful magic that gives her the ability to effectively scramble brains and with that power she's able to heavily influence the plot on multiple occasions. with a little bit of work in the not-damselling department, she could easily become the strongest female character in the series both narratively and practically. or, in other words: sweet angelic mind-bender baby.

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I think in the first group its Ava, that much is obvious. Girl understood that MoM and Luxu were shady as fuck, bailed with a back up plan for the dandelions and has been doing her own thing. As for the second group, the update last week made that obvious as well. Although I guess those aren't really fortellers yet.

I think in the very least we will see an Empher/Ven/Skuld game. Or Ephemer/Sklud/Brain. Sorta like BBS.

It was a poorly thoughout excuse to have them get between worlds and add a new gameplay mechanic, like having the unversed instead of heartless despite them properly existing for centuries as we know now

Nah, its from before BBS. I'd even wager Luxu jumped to Braig after playing the role of Xehanort and Eraqus' Keyblade Master in Scala ad Caelum, and after MX stole no name.

A failed attempt at using the same excuse as KH1 and BBS to have some new Disney Worlds.

You can't steal a keyblade. It has to be passed down to you and I highly doubt Luxu was ever playing the role of Eraqus and Xehanort's teacher.

Oct 25, 2017
Scala has to be one of my biggest disappointments in this series. It makes it worst when nomura hyped up the world.
Donald-" let's explore"
Me:Yesssssssss
Walks 20 steps
Me: o fuck sake

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I wish we learned more than nothing at all about Scala.

Did I miss something in the last part of the game? Why does everyone keep saying there was a girl in the Last World?

Oct 25, 2017
You know...after playing it again...it's kinda fucked up that the biggest set piece in the game means absolutely nothing to you if you didn't play the mobile game
You wouldn't know who Ephemer was, who these names are, wtf the unions are, the relevance of the keyblade starlight. Mobile taking over this story is disappointing

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You can't steal a keyblade. It has to be passed down to you and I highly doubt Luxu was ever playing the role of Eraqus and Xehanort's teacher.
Hmmm yes, forgot about that detail. But then that makes Luxu being their teacher even more likely, as it is hung up on the wall in the Chess Room where we see Eraqus and Xehanortn in Scala ad Caelum, which likely means there had to be someone there who uses it, who then passed it down to Xehanort. So either Luxu became their mentor and passed it down, or Luxu passed it down to their mentor, and manipulated them into passing it down to the student who had more darkness in their heart.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
You know...after playing it again...it's kinda fucked up that the biggest set piece in the game means absolutely nothing to you if you didn't play the mobile game
You wouldn't know who Ephemer was, who these names are, wtf the unions are, the relevance of the keyblade starlight. Mobile taking over this story is disappointing

You didn't need to play the mobile game. Watching Back Cover was all you had to do.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Just knowing the gist of Chi was enough for me. When I realized those were usernames, that was incredibly hype

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm yes, forgot about that detail. But then that makes Luxu being their teacher even more likely, as it is hung up on the wall in the Chess Room where we see Eraqus and Xehanortn in Scala ad Caelum, which likely means there had to be someone there who uses it, who then passed it down to Xehanort. So either Luxu became their mentor and passed it down, or Luxu passed it down to their mentor, and manipulated them into passing it down to the student who had more darkness in their heart.

Xehanort probably got it because Eraqus was the one who was made the higher-ranking master and given the Land of Departure. Xehanort got No Name for being the runner-up.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm still extremely disappointed that we can't explore Scala some more. It's easily the best looking world in the series (TWTNW comes close) and we can't even explore a quarter of it.

And still lost to Xehanort and his stopza. I was like damn they can't even give Mickey a break. Dude used one of the most OP spells out there and still got wrecked.
Mickey spent the entire game getting dunked on

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Part of Luxu's role was to pass it down and then for that person to pass it down and so on and so forth. Eventually, it found its way to Xehanort, but I don't think it was Luxu who personally gave it to him as his teacher. I don't think Luxu came into the picture until BBS or slightly before BBS.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt Riku straight up hijack the kingdom key from Sora the first time he arrives in Hallow Bastion? Albeit temporarily but you absolutely went for awhile without a key blade near the end and had to basically rely on Beast.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Luxu passed on No Name/Gazing Eye to one of the second generation Union leaders before they jumped world lines again. Then a very long period of time happens where No Name is passed on from generation to generation while Luxu just watches. Only when it gets to Xehanort and he indicates he wants to start a Keyblade war does Luxu begin acting.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Didnt Riku straight up hijack the kingdom key from Sora the first time he arrives in Hallow Bastion? Albeit temporarily but you absolutely went for awhile without a key blade near the end and had to basically rely on Beast.

Yes, but that keyblade was originally his, which was why he could take it back. It only went to Sora after Riku fell to darkness and Sora managed to keep it when his heart proved to be stronger than Riku's. You can't steal a keyblade if you don't have the power to wield one. The power needs to be passed on to you. Sora was a special case because he had Ven's heart in him, which allowed him to wield a keyblade without ever being given the power to wield one like Terra did with Riku and Aqua did with Kairi.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
i know you're probably kidding but i would play the absolute shit out of a namine-led game. the only caveat to this would be that riku would surely be forced as the love interest (which is dreadful for a whole host of reasons...) but yeah, if all nomura is going to do with kairi is wave her around like bait and harm/kill her, he should honestly just go ahead and recast her role as Main Girl™️ with someone who a) isn't purported to be competent and capable of self-defense while in actuality being as fragile and vulnerable as a newborn kitten and b) has more narrative significance than "she's the love interest and watch her save the day with the power of being-the-love-interest"

edit: in no way am i trying to suggest that namine is absolutely perfect in aspects a and b (she did essentially epitomize the role of captive princess in CoM and sora/riku arguing over who got to be her bodyguard was essentially the whole plot of the story) but she does possess massively powerful magic that gives her the ability to effectively scramble brains and with that power she's able to heavily influence the plot on multiple occasions. with a little bit of work in the not-damselling department, she could easily become the strongest female character in the series. or, in other words: sweet angelic mind-bender baby.

I'm semi-kidding but personally I'd love it too because Namine is my 2nd favourite girl in KH franchise. Even though she's only got a limited screentime, I liked her tragic arc and despite being more...demure, I often feel like she's pretty much no.2 in terms of being a silent guardian who watches over Sora's journey in CoM/2, just behind Riku. While I like Kairi too, Kairi is... a character I like only because of her relationship with Sora, whereas I like Namine's individual character a whole lot more.

Plus personally, for her limited time in KH3, I loved the little bit of role she played ( influencing Lingering Will to come to fight Terranort ) and the part where she said "I got your back" to Sora was really cute.

I wouldn't be against Riku/Namine personally. While I like Sora/Namine better, that's a dead ship for more reasons than one and I have no real feelings on Roxas/Namine ( felt like that was a legacy thing back when the series didn't decide on making them their own characters ).

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I was pretty pissed that they couldn't be bothered to give Namine a new outfit in the end when they gave literally everybody else one. Even freaking Xion.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
lol i dont think i've seen anyone ever actually believe this.
Like have you seen how bad this game trys to retcon master yen sid saying "may the force be with you", come off it mate
Lol, U come off it mate yourself. That's just a phrase introduced to KH. It has nothing to do with character storylines & them being planned. You'd have to be blind and deaf not to understand all the build up that has gone to everyone's storylines ever since KHII. The execution might be flawed but it's all still there. Not every detail and some stuff has probably changed (i.e. Axel wasn't originally necessarily supposed to have such a trajectory, but grew into one after he became a fan favorite), but a lot of the rest has had plenty of setup, even if some of the resolutions were ultimately rushed/flawed in their handling.

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take, only Aqua looks good. The other two always looked dumb.
Fighting words
3qV8.gif

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... is TWEWY Switch worth picking up? Anybody got any deals? 👀

It was great on the Switch. Frankly I enjoyed it more than the NDS version (from what little I've played). Bigger screen and since the game relies on touch, it was great using just my fingers. The docked version on the other hand is terrible because you can only move by pointing cursors.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be against Riku/Namine personally. While I like Sora/Namine better, that's a dead ship for more reasons than one and I have no real feelings on Roxas/Namine ( felt like that was a legacy thing back when the series didn't decide on making them their own characters ).

I would go with Xion/Namine personally. Heck, they were seen together at the end so it's totally work !

On another not, I'm so disappointed the Kairies didn't get to interact much in the end

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking mad they couldn't have Ignis show up as a rival chef for the Bistro. That would've been genius. Like...that plot writes itself. Or Rinoa showing up in Corona to compete with Sora in the dancing minigame. They didn't even try T_T

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Terra and Ven actually look great in KH3.

and tbh, the models used to look very weird pre-release but in final game, I actually love them a lot. I prefer how all characters look in this game, except maybe Ansem Seeker of Darkness

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Terra and Ven actually look great in KH3.

and tbh, the models used to look very weird pre-release but in final game, I actually love them a lot. I prefer how all characters look in this game, except maybe Ansem Seeker of Darkness
I loved how Ansem looked in the scene he basically sneers at Aqua in the Realm of Darkness.
Anti Aqua looks great, too.

I really can't complain on the graphics department - they really stepped up their game.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking mad they couldn't have Ignis show up as a rival chef for the Bistro. That would've been genius. Like...that plot writes itself. Or Rinoa showing up in Corona to compete with Sora in the dancing minigame. They didn't even try T_T
Ignite loses to remy than starts working for him, now every time you find all the ingredients for a new recipe ignis calls on the gummi phone and says
tumblr_oktlgcRW9v1qmxkt0o1_r1_1280.jpg

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Worst model is CGI Sora. What the hell did they do to his face? C'mon, Visual Works. You're better than this.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cynical as fuck when it comes to mobile games and had barely touched the KH one, but even I got massively hyped during that riding the keyblades of the players section. Good shit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cynical as fuck when it comes to mobile games and had barely touched the KH one, but even I got massively hyped during that riding the keyblades of the players section. Good shit.

It was really impressive how they took the super funereal song from the end of the Birth by Sleep episodes and turned it extremely heroic. What an arrangement.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, Aqua's new model doesn't at all sit right with me. Her hair looks weird, her outfit does too. Ven looks uncanny every time he is on screen. Terra probably had the best transition into KHIII.