• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I cannot seem to get into III.

This is coming from someone that's been a fan for 14 bought the original soundtrack on CD in 2004, good memories).

II was really the peak of the series for me. Then it peaked twice with BBS.

Something is missing in III. Which is a shame considering this one's got the payoff I've been waiting 14 years for.

Maybe it's a spell, we'll see. It's gorgeous, but for some reason I just want to go back and play II whenever I'm playing III.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Imagine KH4: New York (Avengers), Tatooine (Star Wars), Shibuya (TWEWY), Insomnia-like city (Versus XIII remade), Zootopia (Zootopia), Radiant Garden, Jungle Mayhem (Jungle Book), Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch), Riley's Mind (Inside Out), Motunui (Moana). It could be legendary.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine KH4: New York (Avengers), Tatooine (Star Wars), Shibuya (TWEWY), Insomnia-like city (Versus XIII remade), Zootopia (Zootopia), Radiant Garden, Jungle Mayhem (Jungle Book), Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch), Riley's Mind (Inside Out), Motunui (Moana). It could be legendary.

Switch either Moana or Lilo & Stitch for Coco and it could work. I don't think two beach/ocean worlds would really work well in the same game.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Coco needs to be in as well.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I really liked the boss, it felt pretty epic to me, but more grounded than 1 and 2.

The first phase against those figures gets crazy, I mean look at this:

fb0f563cf817fafe4cb759df40502b73.png

That's crazy, the scope of this attack is enormous.

The second phase, Xehanort literally twists the city around you, and you fight on land, in the water and finally in the air!

The third phase, feels like the more grounded of them all, just like the final part of Xemnas. But damn when Xehanort calls Kingdom Hearts and you get to fight with it in the background is so cool!

I don't know, all the other final fights just felt like cool concepts, but they were all really abstract, yeah in KH2 you're going inside a giant dragon spaceship (that I just now found out is Xemnas in a dragon form?) I don't even know... And in KH1 you fight agains Ansem that for some reason transforms into another spaceship that looks like is made of flesh.

So maybe Xehanort should just have transfomed into a spaceship made with Scala Ad Caelum. And the music should have been better.

The sad part is some people missed the DM in the first phase by being too overleveled. It really adds to the epicness of that fight.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What an ending!
Finished it, loved it
... Went through the whole game without armor equipped, but the final boss was driving me nuts, so equipped it and breezed him <_<
I have so many thoughts and feelings right now about everything...

Although, Master Xehanort never transformed into a space boat dragon thing, so can we really say that was a true final boss ;)

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
I cannot seem to get into III.

This is coming from someone that's been a fan for 14 bought the original soundtrack on CD in 2004, good memories).

II was really the peak of the series for me. Then it peaked twice with BBS.

Something is missing in III. Which is a shame considering this one's got the payoff I've been waiting 14 years for.

Maybe it's a spell, we'll see. It's gorgeous, but for some reason I just want to go back and play II whenever I'm playing III.
The more I stew on it, the more I think the lack of original/hub worlds hurts it more than anything. They provided a foundation on which to build Sora's journey, and helped with pacing by giving the player a chance to breathe, and to interact with allies outside of cutscenes.

I mean, KH3 gives Sora a phone, but he can't even call people outside of cutscenes!

Radiant Garden is especially conspicuous in its absence. It was, in many ways, a character of its own, with its restoration a direct and visible result of our actions. Then, in BBS, we get to see it before its downfall, further emphasising Xehanort's villainy. KH3 could have given us the chance to see it again in full bloom. And it's not without plot relevance, either, as the copious cutscenes set there demonstrate. (There's also the issue of Aqua's armour - if she'd recovered that before racing off to the finale...)

Maybe DLC will fix all this. As it stands, though, KH3, with its relentless march forward and eagerness to set up future games, feels more like a spin-off - DDD especially - than either of its numbeted predecessors :/

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's interesting (and likely quite intentional) that Xemnas's goat-Foreteller armor is quite distinct from his KH2/No Heart armor.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

...not before we see more Squeenix representation and Sora gets transported to the world of Octopath Traveler. Spending a few hours as a HD-2D® sprite - Sora finally getting in the mood, proclaiming his keyblade to be unbending and that it's a good day to fight rank 1 old ladies.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
So here's a question: what's the thing about the final world that Nomura said he got into the game but didn't think he'd be allowed to do?

Was it killing Kairi? Or was it "lol time to fight the entire Organization at the same time"?
I think he planned to include the location of the secret ending as the final boss fight area but wasn't sure if he was allowed to include it because of his history with Versus XIII.

The interview where he said that the endgame is something he always wanted to include since FF makes me think of this and his Versus obsession really shows in KH3.

But obviously some things got cut. My theory is that Scala ad Caelum was originally planned as the first world we visit (Cable Town) and was never meant to be the final boss fight area. Honestly, it looks too ambitious and polished to be used only for just that one fight. There were playable areas and gameplay back in 2014. No way in hell they had the last world ready that early in development.

It seems like Nomura is now obsessed with KH4 because he can make his Versus dream a reality. It fits his statement that he wants to make the next KH game asap and that he doesn't want to release that much DLC for KH3.

On another note, the game builds up hype for Roxas but in the end he didn't have such a big, important role. Also Nomura said that Roxas is a big secret in KH3 which is an odd statement now. I believe he had much bigger plans with him but it was changed in the last seconds.

Of course everything is speculation but I am curious of how plans for this game looked like.

Oct 25, 2017
There are some parts of Kairi I liked. I mean she as a character is pretty resolved to no longer be a liability going forward. Everyone gets bodied by the heartless tornado so it's understandable for her to take the L there. Ultimately it was Kairi's belief in Sora that allowed him to come back at all to my understanding. So in a way she did effectively save him, just not with outright strength. Xehanort likely could have murked anyone, but was smart enough to see Kairi as a weakness for Sora and an easy target.
So you're saying Kairi's belief in a man's ability to save the day was one of her positive qualities as a character?

Yeah no she was a complete disaster by the end IMO

Zimmy64

Oct 29, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
So, what's everyone's favorite gummi twitter message/hashtag. My are...

The #DoSomethingDonald hashtag in Arendelle. I don't know why I just think it's hilarious.

The message in Monstropolis that's like "Turns out Ventus is in my heart and Vanitas wants him, IDK" #Awkwardtimetofindout, and

Kairi's "Me and Axel are having fun training in Merlin's secret forest" #SecretForest

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So when Young Xehanort says that the Power of Waking is supposed to be for "Traveling hearts to get to worlds, not traveling worlds to get to hearts", what does that mean exactly?

Like someone explain it using the examples we've seen of this power? (Riku waking up Sora in DDD, Sora waking up Ventus in this game, Sora saving everyone in this game from the Lich)

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So you're saying Kairi's belief in a man's ability to save the day was one of her positive qualities as a character?

Yeah no she was a complete disaster by the end IMO
That's not what was argued.

Kairi guided Sora to the others so that their hearts could be freed. She herself wasn't in that same peril, but she's also not a Keyblade wielder anywhere on the level of Sora, Aqua, or the other more experienced characters.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh. Here's a question.

If Xehanort's Guardian has been Terra all along...how the hell did Riku have access to it?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh. Here's a question.

If Xehanort's Guardian has been Terra all along...how the hell did Riku have access to it?
Cause Nomura makes this shit up as he goes.

In universe explanation. Something something Riku calling upon the remnants of darkness Ansem SoD left behind gave him the ability to control Terra's heartless.

Zimmy64

Oct 29, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
So when Young Xehanort says that the Power of Waking is supposed to be for "Traveling hearts to get to worlds, not traveling worlds to get to hearts", what does that mean exactly?

Like someone explain it using the examples we've seen of this power? (Riku waking up Sora in DDD, Sora waking up Ventus in this game, Sora saving everyone in this game from the Lich)

I think that's supposed to be a wait and see thing. My guess is that it's somehow related to traversing worldlines. Although that implies that YX is aware of the existence of Multiple worldlines.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL

The way I see it, it's about retrieving hearts from worlds inside of a person (like Dive to the Heart), and not going to actual worlds to awaken the hearts.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Can I get some Gummi Ship help. I am trying to get 20 treasures for the trophy, but I am a little confused.

I can't seem to find anymore battles to do in Starlight Way but I am still missing three treasures. Is the only way of getting them by getting a A ranking in battles?

As I am talking about battles, I have noticed a gold star on some while others have red stars. I assume the gold stars are the ones I have completed?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get some Gummi Ship help. I am trying to get 20 treasures for the trophy, but I am a little confused.

I can't seem to find anymore battles to do in Starlight Way but I am still missing three treasures. Is the only way of getting them by getting a A ranking in battles?

As I am talking about battles, I have noticed a gold star on some while others have red stars. I assume the gold stars are the ones I have completed?

You need A rankings on the missions for unique treasures. I think some or maybe all the prize spheres also give you unique treasures. The gold stars are normal missions while red stars are bosses. I don't think there's an indication of what missions you've already done, other than going through your mission list and placing your marker on every mission you've done with the same number of stars and seeing if the mission you're near is one of them.
Also, I don't think the trophy pops until you open the menu with the treasures. That was tripping me up for a while.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
You need A rankings on the missions for unique treasures. I think some or maybe all the prize spheres also give you unique treasures. The gold stars are normal missions while red stars are bosses. I don't think there's an indication of what missions you've already done, other than going through your mission list and placing your marker on every mission you've done with the same number of stars and seeing if the mission you're near is one of them.
Also, I don't think the trophy pops until you open the menu with the treasures. That was tripping me up for a while.

Damn, this forum is incredibly helpful! Thank you, I have made note of the opening menu thing just in case the trophy get's stuck.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Just finished Frozen and wow that was disappointing. Up until now the worlds have been pretty great (even Toy Story), but they dropped the ball big time with this level. Sora and Co. just showing up for the briefest story tidbits was like the movie theater employee coming in to check the theater sporadically throughout the movie. They recreated all of Corona why not actually add Arendelle in this? At least Larxene and the boss fight were cool (LOL at Hans not even speaking though)

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Aqua wasn't so bad in III, she spent a decade in the most physical and emotionally draining place ever.

Sora got back to level 1 by just a close encounter
It was just annoying to see the coolest character in BBS get her ass handed to her constantly despite being a Keyblade master. Just as annoying as it was to have Kairi train for an enture game only for her to do jack shit in the end.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Just finished Frozen and wow that was disappointing. Up until now the worlds have been pretty great (even Toy Story), but they dropped the ball big time with this level. Sora and Co. just showing up for the briefest story tidbits was like the movie theater employee coming in to check the theater sporadically throughout the movie. They recreated all of Corona why not actually add Arendelle in this? At least Larxene and the boss fight were cool (LOL at Hans not even speaking though)

It honestly feels like Frozen World had the most 'Disney restriction' since they were doing stuff that no other Disney worlds were doing including the Let It Go piece.

The whole Frozen arc was basically Sora being 'blocked' from being allowed to be a material emotional impact on the Disney character's personal arc. He was allowed to watch and chat with them a little, but beyond that is NOPE.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is it true that the events of this game is canon to Toy Story?
What about Big Hero 6? Will there be two Baymaxes in the newest episodes of the animated series?

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Nomura lost his mind and actually made Verus XIII featuring Disney characters. You fight against 13 darkness so that's literal Versus 13, then Verum Rex, then secret ending. I don't know if he's salty his game got canceled, but i sure am salty he showed this much in KH3

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
My question is why Terranort still had his younger, just-possessed appearance when the last time he was complete he was slightly older, and with different clothes and a different hairstyle.

I wanted to see Apprentice Xehanort in the present for once. I get that that's who Terranort is, but still.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
My question is why Terranort still had his younger, just-possessed appearance when the last time he was complete he was slightly older, and with different clothes and a different hairstyle.

I wanted to see Apprentice Xehanort in the present for once. I get that that's who Terranort is, but still.

Apprentice Xehanort doesn't have a fighting style though. He's just a scientist, after all

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because Numora wasn't thinking ahead when he made that scene on KH2. Also if only Mickey realised who was right in front of him lmao

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
So is it true that the events of this game is canon to Toy Story?
What about Big Hero 6? Will there be two Baymaxes in the newest episodes of the animated series?

Supposedly KH team talked to the creative minds of those series and came up with those scenarios. And how it was worded in that interview it seems they are considerated Canon. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do change that.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I also felt like Aqua got really done dirty, and it bugged me more than I thought it would. Most of her scenes are about her failing, and somehow Terra, Mr Not A Keyblade Master And Was Tempted and Possessed By The Darkness For Most Of The Series' Timeline, was promoted to the Leonardo of the group over her the moment he changed hair-colours. What's that all about?

That's not how I took that at all. He saw Terra as his son, he felt he failed him by not trusting him back then. Failing at the test was Xehanorts doing playing them all and is what started Terra down the road of darkness. Eraqus asking him to take care of them is passing down his will to his son and letting him know he does trust him.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
finally some of these fucking disney characters are pulling their weight. just get sully to fuck up all of organization 13 and we're done with this series in one game

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
- Sora
- Sulley
- Woody
- Pence
- The Lingering Will
- Ephemer's Ghost
- Jack Sparrow's mouth bacteria

MX shaking on his boots.