• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I really wish we got resolution on what Xemnas was doing in the Chamber of Repose. Dude basically just got downgraded to henchman in this game.

For both Xemnas and (Fake) Ansem, their arcs are basically the antagonist side of Roxas and Namine, where in spite of being a part of a whole being separated, they ended up developing their own identity and their own ego - based on their own personal experiences.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I meant when Nomura decided Xigbar would be Luxu. Xigbar/Braig in story has been Luxu since before BBS.

Speaking of Xigbar Secret Report 256 in Days seems to heavily imply that Xigbar sees Xion as Ventus...

In 358, that's straight up a cutscene in the game, Xigbar seeing Xion as Ventus. Xion and Vanitas have that same 'glamour' effect based on who sees them.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's true. The report could allude to Skuld too technically. It would just make sense to me since Ava's absence in the epilogue is specifically brought up as well, so I'm subscribing to the theory it's her for now.
My issue with it being Ava is that Luxu is the one who freed the mysterious girl, alludes to wanting to reunite with his companions but also alludes to the Dandelion leaders jumping worldlines, then Xehanort alludes to the girl being from out of time, and in the epilogue Luxu tells the others that he already told Ava his plans but expected that she wouldn't show up because of what happened prior to the first war. It just doesn't feel like it makes sense for it to be her, especially with Nomura saying we would feel Skuld's presence in the game in some way and this is the only character for her to be outside of the star in the Final World who reads more like Strelitzia.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's entirely possible that the Foretellers haven't been developed as characters properly because it isn't their time yet. Since they are obviously important going forward they will hardly be "faceless dorks" when they are finally delved into properly.

Your bias towards the UX plot has been made blaringly obvious though. Don't get angry about it yet and just wait and see what they do with it, it's too early to slam the entire future of the franchise over underdeveloped characters that are going to get their moment in the future.

Give it a chance

Nomura had his chance to make them interesting when he made a movie about them, and they still sucked. They're just not interesting characters and they don't even have any fun personality traits like Larxene or Demyx to make up for their lack of development.

For both Xemnas and (Fake) Ansem, their arcs are basically the antagonist side of Roxas and Namine, where in spite of being a part of a whole being separated, they ended up developing their own identity and their own ego - based on their own personal experiences.

Right. But why was he hanging out in there and talking to Aqua's armor all the time if it never actually factored into the narrative or his personal story?

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I really wish we got resolution on what Xemnas was doing in the Chamber of Repose. Dude basically just got downgraded to henchman in this game.
I REALLY wanted to see him interact with Terra, as Xemnas is just as much Terra as he is Xehanort.

The Chamber of Repose stuff was his Terra side shining through. He wanted to talk to Aqua.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY wanted to see him interact with Terra, as Xemnas is just as much Terra as he is Xehanort.

The Chamber of Repose stuff was his Terra side shining through. He wanted to talk to Aqua.

Poor Terra didn't even get to fight once after being recompleted. It would've been nice to see him and Xemnas interact for sure.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
I imagine he was trying to connect with Aqua in order to get info on the Chamber of Waking (+Acting on Terra's memories to some capacity.) Obviously it never went anywhere both in and out of universe. Maybe it just made him feel better.

Oct 26, 2017
Look at this boss

AAuE7mDOm_QUMK33MXFVnL4K-uKZFyRRCVfc3WikyQ=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no
Bring about the end of the world cause hes not sure what else to do. WHAT A BOSS

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I mean it's entirely possible that the Foretellers haven't been developed as characters properly because it isn't their time yet. Since they are obviously important going forward they will hardly be "faceless dorks" when they are finally delved into properly.

Your bias towards the UX plot has been made blaringly obvious though. Don't get angry about it yet and just wait and see what they do with it, it's too early to slam the entire future of the franchise over underdeveloped characters that are going to get their moment in the future.

Give it a chance

They had a whole movie dedicated to them. I'm not against the whole UX plot, but the Foretellers were complete shit in Back Cover despite it being centered around them so he has every right to dislike them. They spent the majority of it acting like incompetent morons who tried to pit one against the other over their stupid roles. It's not like they showed up for 5 minutes and we got nothing.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Yeah, the Guardian reveal was ace but he got shafted afterward. Same with Roxas and Ventus.

The people who "came back" didn't get enough time to shine, IMO.

Terra at least got two moments with the Guardian reveal and the Lingering Will. He's up there in terms of those who got a good deal overall in terms of 'who gets to shine after/before coming back.'

Aqua got shafted bad too, but I guess she at least got 2.8. Ventus didn't get nothing. ( except a deeper future game relevance I guess )

Replica Riku got a really good moment with him saving Riku, and also choosing to die holding onto the wish of the person that's most important to him, even if it was fake memories. ( Namine )

Also, Eraqus got it good too.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, I finished the game, I know there is post game content. What is it?

And Mystery Girl X? Do you find out about her in reports or something?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Aqua got shafted bad too, but I guess she at least got 2.8. Ventus didn't get nothing. ( except a deeper future game relevance I guess )

Aqua at least got that playable fight with Vanitas, which was an awesome moment, even if she became almost completely useless for the rest of the game immediately after it.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
And Mystery Girl X? Do you find out about her in reports or something?

We find out about her from the conversations between Axel/Saix regarding the 'mysterious unnamed girl who just vanished one day', and there's also the part where Xemnas and Ansem The Wise talks about her experimentation which was what led to Ansem stopping it to begin with.

Secret report goes into more detail regarding her, and basically said that she was called "X", thus Mystery Girl X.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He didn't even get to interact with Riku, which is one of the things I was looking forward to the most in this game.

There's a lot of missed opportunities. I really wanted the Final Trinity Limit to conjure up the memories of all the friends Sora made throughout the journey and give us flashes of past party members and Leon and Cloud.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
For those wondering, most of the music isn't by Yoko Shimomura. Just like FFXV there's two other composers involved, and it seems unlike FFXV, they did the bulk of the game. This is apparent with boss themes and other variants.

Most of the new songs are him and older songs from Yoko are arranged done by Takeharu Ishimoto. He's quite good, he's responsible for all the Dissidia games, Type-0, and TWEWY. For example, the main boss theme is Ishimoto, the one at the end of every Disney world\special battles and I think it's very good. Especially considering this game has little to no new music, so it's a refreshing new song.

I'm pretty sure the final boss theme is by him too among many other themes. Yoko did most of FFXV but it doesn't seem like she did most of KH3. Seems she did mostly the field themes for the all the Disney worlds and the battle themes for them. I wonder if it was because she was exhausted from working and putting all her effort on a mainline FF back to back then going into KH3.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
We find out about her from the conversations between Axel/Saix regarding the 'mysterious unnamed girl who just vanished one day', and there's also the part where Xemnas and Ansem The Wise talks about her experimentation which was what led to Ansem stopping it to begin with.

Secret report goes into more detail regarding her, and basically said that she was called "X", thus Mystery Girl X.

Oh yes! Her. I'm assuming Lea and Isa will be important for the future since they know about her.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering, most of the music isn't by Yoko Shimomura. Just like FFXV there's two other composers involved, and it seems unlike FFXV, they did the bulk of the game. This is apparent with boss themes and other variants.

Most of the new songs are him and older songs from Yoko are arranged done by Takeharu Ishimoto. He's quite good, he's responsible for all the Dissidia games, Type-0, and TWEWY. For example, the main boss theme is Ishimoto, the one at the end of every Disney world\special battles and I think it's very good. Especially considering this game has little to no new music, so it's a refreshing new song.

I'm pretty sure the final boss theme is by him too among many other themes. Yoko did most of FFXV but it doesn't seem like she did most of KH3. Seems she did mostly the field themes for the all the Disney worlds and the battle themes for them. I wonder if it was because she was exhausted from working and putting all her effort on a mainline FF back to back then going into KH3.

I'm really not a fan of Ishimoto at all. He's becoming like Sakuraba - all of his music sounds the damn same. I can easily tell which tracks are his and which are Yoko's.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
There's a lot of missed opportunities.

Honestly, at this stage - my ideal DLC for KH3 is basically for Square to just repackage all the KH1/2/BBS/DDD content ( all in the same engine I assume ) - and make some sort of post-game adventure where different characters go to different worlds to give some sort of final nod to all the friends they met throughout the entire journey.

Obviously Sora can't make that adventure for various reasons, but something like Riku dropping by Agrabah for Jasmine and Aladdin's wedding or something.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Quick question on something I'm not sure that we know.

Toward the end there's a cutscene where Demyx and Luxord (I think) have a secret conversation where it's not clear what's said - there's a lot of whispering in the ear and it's made clear that they don't even like eachother. Luxord says something like "I need you to know in case something happens to me"

Anyway, do we ever find out what they're talking about?

EDIT: It's Vexen not Luxord

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
I'm seeing a lot of DLC talk in here, is DLC happening for this game or are these just wishful musings?

Also, as much as I'd love some more playable scenarios with other GoL I'm not sure it'd fit the game. This is Sora's story. You get one fight with aqua, which was awesome but pure fan service and two fights with Riku which were needed to contextualize the fights that Sora had later and the difficulty of the moment with that enemy.

Adding side content with aqua, LW, Roxas, et. al would be awesome but I fear it may be misplaced

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing a lot of DLC talk in here, is DLC happening for this game or are these just wishful musings?

Also, as much as I'd love some more playable scenarios with other GoL I'm not sure it'd fit the game. This is Sora's story. You get one fight with aqua, which was awesome but pure fan service and two fights with Riku which were needed to contextualize the fights that Sora had later and the difficulty of the moment with that enemy.

Adding side content with aqua, LW, Roxas, et. al would be awesome but I fear it may be misplaced

It hasn't been announced officially yet but Nomura wants to do it, and based on how well the game is selling, it would make sense for them to.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Toward the end there's a cutscene where Demyx and Luxord (I think) have a secret conversation where it's not clear what's said - there's a lot of whispering in the ear and it's made clear that they don't even like eachother. Luxord says something like "I need you to know in case something happens to me"

He tells him that there's another Org. XIII member that wanted to atone but wasn't in a position to safely defect, so Vexen's acting on their behalf. The implication is that he's talking about Isa/Saix.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He tells him that there's another Org. XIII member that wanted to atone but wasn't in a position to safely defect, so Vexen's acting on their behalf. The implication is that he's talking about Isa/Saix.

I actually think that might have been OG Ansem he was talking about. Ansem mentions as he's dying that he considered rebelling, but once Vexen and Demyx bailed he realized he didn't really care anymore.

Isa seemed like he was still a dick until the moment he realized Axel still cared.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

But it's not. KH hasn't been purely Sora's story since BBS. In fact, the BBS trio have more of a connection with the main villain of the series than Sora ever had. We got three games (BBS, 358/2 Days, and 0.2) without Sora being playable in any manner. DDD was mostly Riku's story rather than Sora's. Yes, Sora's the main character, but the story isn't just about him.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
F

Vexen is telling him his plans for Demyx to deliver an empty replica to Zexion Ienzo so they can bring Roxas back.

Vexen even lampshades the fact that he and Demyx have nothing in common and they can use that fact to carry the plan without anyone noticing.

I mean... the exploration of the worlds is not tied to a critical plot number or something so they can easily fit a few worlds or galaxy that Sora got to explore before the end game stuff...

Or make a DLC with Riku and King Mickey exploring the Dark World like a fragmentary passage

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
But it's not. KH hasn't been purely Sora's story since BBS. In fact, the BBS trio have more of a connection with the main villain of the series than Sora ever had. We got three games (BBS, 358/2 Days, and 0.2) without Sora being playable in any manner. DDD was mostly Riku's story rather than Sora's. Yes, Sora's the main character, but the story isn't just about him.
I more meant KH3 is Sora's story with others finally getting their happy endings. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see more of the others but for this game, it feels like it belongs to Sora

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I actually think that might have been OG Ansem he was talking about. Ansem mentions as he's dying that he considered rebelling, but once Vexen and Demyx bailed he realized he didn't really care anymore.

Isa seemed like he was still a dick until the moment he realized Axel still cared.
Going by the secret reports though, Isa was specifically the one that reached out to him about rejoining, and in the Radiant Garden cutscene, he says everything he's been doing was the idea of the person he's acting on behalf of. Isa probably had to keep up appearances.

Also: In the scene where Roxas comes back and Xemnas pieces together that Zexion and Ansem the Wise helped him get a vessel, take a good look at who he's pointing his keyblade at when he says "and others, too."

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The latest word from Nomura was:
-IF they do paid DLC, they want to do one big DLC rather than small multiple DLCs
-they are also considering free DLCs as well separate from the big paid DLC
-they want to prioritize the next game rather than spending too long time on DLCs.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

I'm listening again to the theme that plays during the Union Cross sequence and I'm getting chills...
Easily one of the best moments in all of KH imo.

Man I can only imagine the joy and tears of people who made it into the list and sw their names for the first time.

PlanetSmasher Knowing that you made it,tell us how did you feel personally?Did it make you cry a little :P?

Last edited:

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
The latest word from Nomura was:
-IF they do paid DLC, they want to do one big DLC rather than small multiple DLCs
-they are also considering free DLCs as well separate from the big paid DLC
-they want to prioritize the next game rather than spending too long time on DLCs.
Awesome! Thanks for the info

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I'm listening again to the theme that plays during the Union Cross sequence and I'm getting chills...
Easily one of the best moments in all of KH imo.

Man I can only imagine the joy and tears of people who made it into the list and sw their names for the first time.

PlanetSmasher Knowing that you made it,tell us how did you feel personally?Did it make you cry a little :P?

My actual reaction was "oh right, I changed my nickname after that event. ha."

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
When people said that empty Replica was for Roxas? Is it wrong for me to presumed that Roxas took Riku's Replica so that's how he got there pretty fast.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
When people said that empty Replica was for Roxas? Is it wrong for me to presumed that Roxas took Riku's Replica so that's how he got there pretty fast.
Nah, the Riku's Replica body was left for Namine.

Roxas said he still needed a connection to come back using the body Vexen created and that happened when Sora got to fight Xion and Axel.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, because Roxas literally says that he followed the hearts of his friends (or something along those lines) in order to get there. That means, he was placed in the replica provided by Demyx and made his way there following the strength of his friends' hearts

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Rule of Cool demanded that Roxas's reappearance be a moment of badass where he appears in the nick of time to save his two best buds.

If you think about logically it makes no sense for Roxas to appear so quickly unless it was inhabiting the nearby body that Replica Riku left, but hey, it's a cool moment.

Can't have Roxas ruining Repliku's own moment of securing a body for Namine ( even if by then, there should have been zero issues for Vexen to create additional bodies at any time he wishes )

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Rule of Cool demanded that Roxas's reappearance be a moment of badass where he appears in the nick of time to save his two best buds.

If you think about logically it makes no sense for Roxas to appear so quickly unless it was inhabiting the nearby body that Replica Riku left, but hey, it's a cool moment.

Can't have Roxas ruining Repliku's own moment of securing a body for Namine ( even if by then, there should have been zero issues for Vexen to create additional bodies at any time he wishes )

I just assumed Ienzo conviniently shot his replica through a cannon pointing at the Keyblade Graveyard

Can we talk about how likeable Ienzo is in this game? Far cry from that bastard Zexion

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I just assumed Ienzo conviniently shot his replica through a cannon pointing at the Keyblade Graveyard

Can we talk about how likeable Ienzo is in this game? Far cry from that bastard Zexion
It makes sense, from what we've seen, Ansem the Wise was basically his dad and Zexion was the result of thinking he'd been abandoned.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
What's frustrating is that they have an in-universe way to set that up: give Roxas a star shard, like Mickey had in BBS. They could've even had Mickey himself set that up while he was in Radiant Garden.

"Say, fellas, if you do manage to bring back Roxas, give him this for me, will ya?"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I just wish his voice actor delivered his lines better. He's got this weird affect on top of everything he says while talking to Sora, it makes him seem like he's trying to SOUND smart rather than actually smart.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
What's frustrating is that they have an in-universe way to set that up: give Roxas a star shard, like Mickey had in BBS. They could've even had Mickey himself set that up while he was in Radiant Garden.

"Say, fellas, if you do manage to bring back Roxas, give him this for me, will ya?"

I still think a gummi ship dropped a vessel

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Would not be surprised if the inevitable DLC has new scenes clarifying stuff, ala the additional Riku scenes in KH1FM or the handful of new scenes in KH2FM.