• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit I was looking some Telegram messages back from December and found this one regarding the first wave of leaks

Waiting on this too. There is a very vocal guy on twitter who claims to be an insider/contracted SE employee who has been making pretty outrageous claims recently.

One of them is that in KH3 Noctis is actually Xehanort or MoM or something and that the secret movie will show a combining of SE worlds including a tease of a rebooted Versus XIII.

Waiting for leaks to either discredit this guy or prove his very intriguing claims. It's quite interesting he was saying this and then the final trailer does mention "Caelum

Holy shit

Zimmy64

Oct 29, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Not saying it was planned all this time but I skimmed Days secret reports and there are hints at Lea and Isa's true motivations for joining Organization XIII particularly in Secret Report 356. I does make me wonder when certain decisions are made. Nomura certainly makes things up on the fly but some things are planned. Terra has been the guardian since at least DDD and you can make the argument that there are significant hints of it even in BBS. Xigbar has also been Luxu since at least recoded 2.5 ending (2014) and possibly as early as DDD.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In KH2 it's kinda implied that maybe the Organisation is herding them around so Sora kills loads of them (but he doesn't have to lock any more keyholes because *shrugs*).

What? Sora definitely locks keyholes in KH2.

I think it's weird he doesn't here though. He just kinda leaves worlds out to dry lol

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Not saying it was planned all this time but I skimmed Days secret reports and there are hints at Lea and Isa's true motivations for joining Organization XIII particularly in Secret Report 356. I does make me wonder when certain decisions are made. Nomura certainly makes things up on the fly but some things are planned. Terra has been the guardian since at least DDD and you can make the argument that there are significant hints of it even in BBS. Xigbar has also been Luxu since at least recoded 2.5 ending (2014) and possibly as early as DDD.
Pretty sure Xigbar when he was Braig was wanting the Keyblade in BBS.

miren

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Holy shit I was looking some Telegram messages back from December and found this one regarding the first wave of leaks

Holy shit

To be fair, he was just general enough to only be slightly believable. A lot of people were making similar "what if?" statements when we learned of the Verum Rex/Yozora stuff in the GameSpot preview.

As for his specific claims, none of them have come true. Death Stranding and 7r at the game awards didn't happen. He also claimed the Epilogue would be playable. It wasn't. Now he's back-peddling, saying the playable epilogue and FF content was purposely cut to be DLC.

His newest claim is a mini-documentary releasing this month from SE regarding 7r.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017

Holy shit

I'm really conflicted about this Twitter user, because he was right about Verum Rex, but if he really works for Square, I'm a bit horrified. He's appallingly unprofessional, putting it mildly - eg. throwing around statements like Tabata's apparent money laundering (?!!!!!), Tabata's the biggest villain ever, etc. (The alt-right/incel talk is equally charming.) I have no lost love for FFXV, but it's not like Tabata runs Square and stole FFXV from Nomura. Regardless of whether or not he works for Square, or just has contacts there, I also hope his tweets on Nomura using the KH series to make Versus XIII isn't a thing, let alone FF/KH/Chrono Trigger/Nier merging into one behemoth franchise. Terrible. I'd say it was all rubbish, but I still can't believe the whole Verum Rex/KH/Versus XIII concept actually exists, so...???

To be fair, he was just general enough to only be slightly believable. A lot of people were making similar "what if?" statements when we learned of the Verum Rex/Yozora stuff in the GameSpot preview.

As for his specific claims, none of them have come true. Death Stranding and 7r at the game awards didn't happen. He also claimed the Epilogue would be playable. It wasn't. Now he's back-peddling, saying the playable epilogue and FF content was purposely cut to be DLC.

His newest claim is a mini-documentary releasing this month from SE regarding 7r.

Yeah, also this.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really conflicted about this Twitter user, because he was right about Verum Rex, but if he really works for Square, I'm a bit horrified. He's appallingly unprofessional, putting it mildly - eg. throwing around statements like Tabata's apparent money laundering (?!!!!!), Tabata's the biggest villain ever, etc. (The alt-right/incel talk is equally charming.) I have no lost love for FFXV, but it's not like Tabata runs Square and stole FFXV from Nomura. Regardless of whether or not he works for Square, or just has contacts there, I also hope his tweets on Nomura using the KH series to make Versus XIII isn't a thing, let alone FF/KH/Chrono Trigger/Nier merging into one behemoth franchise. Terrible. I'd say it was all rubbish, but I still can't believe the whole Verum Rex/KH/Versus XIII concept actually exists, so...???

Yeah, also this.
The guy is full of shit. He's trying to use "Reconnect Kingdom Hearts" at the end to say thats a tease for FFXV, "Reconnect Kingdom Hearts" has been at the end of a few games now.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, Just realized I joked about Nomura making an entire Vs 13 KH spin off type game out of spite back when the leaks were first coming out

Is he just gonna actually do that ?

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Finished it last night. Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, it's probably my favourite Kingdom Hearts game to date, with some the best realised Disney worlds. The battles are on the easy side, and the EXP, levels and AP come quick, but as someone who's never into the combat mechanics I kind of appreciated it. On the other hand, I kind of stopped enjoying the game once I ran out of Disney worlds. The game's pacing suddenly started feeling rushed in the story department, and drawn-out in the gameplay one. I was kind of done with fighting Heartless tornadoes and Organisation members, but it just kept going.

I also felt like Aqua got really done dirty, and it bugged me more than I thought it would. Most of her scenes are about her failing, and somehow Terra, Mr Not A Keyblade Master And Was Tempted and Possessed By The Darkness For Most Of The Series' Timeline, was promoted to the Leonardo of the group over her the moment he changed hair-colours. What's that all about?

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Absolutely zero chance that Yozora is MoM.
MoM is likely going to be a new character if they're set up as the main antagonist of the next game/saga. There's an outside chance it's someone we have met but they already pulled that with Xigbar so I don't see them doing it again.

miren

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Absolutely zero chance that Yozora is MoM.
MoM is likely going to be a new character if they're set up as the main antagonist of the next game/saga. There's an outside chance it's someone we have met but they already pulled that with Xigbar so I don't see them doing it again.

Keeping MoM cloaked in secrecy is rather unnecessary if it's a new character.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Keeping MoM cloaked in secrecy is rather unnecessary if it's a new character.
Not if nomura is making it up as he goes

Keeping the character cloaked when you haven't decided who the character is or what they look like , allows you to manipulate the story however you want before making some grand reveal

miren

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Not if nomura is making it up as he goes

Keeping the character cloaked when you haven't decided who the character is or what they look like , allows you to manipulate the story however you want before making some grand reveal

Yeah very true and wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
MoM takes off the cloak you see it fall, there's nothing under the cloak

Camera pans down

Its oswald the lucky rabbit

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Going to respectfully disagree. There was no indication from the developer in the last 13 years that I needed to play the mobile game for the story to wrap up in a satisfying way. If I have to buy KH1/2 (and the other spinoffs) multiple times to get the full story, that's also a poor use of my time and the developer's to get to this point.

I understand that Kingdom Hearts was not a trilogy, but Square Enix did a pretty poor job explaining that over the years. And that's just talking about my issues with KH2 to KH3.

I'm glad that it was satisfying to people who put the time into the mobile game, truly. I'm assuming for a lot people, KH3 was a disappointment. You say "it's been said many times" about blaming people for skipping the mobile game. That's a fair point, but if it's had to be said MANY times, then something went pretty wrong with Square Enix getting people to play it.
Kingdom Hearts III's main story & its conclusion works perfectly well without any knowledge of the mobile game. There are a few references you'll miss but none of it is essential to understand the story. And even having played the mobile game doesn't mean much since even the mobile game hasn't gotten around to explain most of this shit. We know Marluxia and a bunch of others were around & part of a special group of Keyblade wielders during the mobile game timeline but that's mostly it. KHIII implies he now remembers stuff from that time, after his defeat jolts his memory, but it's not really anything people who have played the mobile game have any more information about and it's not something that being in the know of would greatly enhance your understanding of Xehanort's end game and it's not something that plays into KHIII's story at all beyond being mentioned by Xemnas that he knows their background

It's only the epilogue that kicks mobile shit into high gear and that's kind of what epilogues (of on-going stories) are often for. Even then, the most important part to take out of that is the cliched "Xehanort was played and there's actually another (perhaps bigger) bad behind all of this." , which is completely understandable through that scene alone. Having played the mobile game, we don't know why the foretellers are back. We don't know what Luxu/Xigbar's plan is. We don't know Luxu much at all. We don't know what's inside the box any more than non-KHUX players do.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
That secret ending got me more surprised that the Citadel from FFXV is actually a real building. When i first saw it in game i was like "Yup thats FFXV 'cos i see the kings house and that's sorta somnus playing" and my friend was like nah thats legit some government building in Tokyo. Lo and behold, yea...now i look at it I see the major differences I missed before.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it last night. Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, it's probably my favourite Kingdom Hearts game to date, with some the best realised Disney worlds. The battles are on the easy side, and the EXP, levels and AP come quick, but as someone who's never into the combat mechanics I kind of appreciated it. On the other hand, I kind of stopped enjoying the game once I ran out of Disney worlds. The game's pacing suddenly started feeling rushed in the story department, and drawn-out in the gameplay one. I was kind of done with fighting Heartless tornadoes and Organisation members, but it just kept going.

I also felt like Aqua got really done dirty, and it bugged me more than I thought it would. Most of her scenes are about her failing, and somehow Terra, Mr Not A Keyblade Master And Was Tempted and Possessed By The Darkness For Most Of The Series' Timeline, was promoted to the Leonardo of the group over her the moment he changed hair-colours. What's that all about?
Eraqus just basically said "look after them." He's not promoting Terra to any higher position in any official capacity, more like asking the eldest sibling to look after the younger ones. Aqua is still the only Keyblade master of the trio.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
The core story of KH3's main plot is perfectly understandable without the mobile game lore.

What KH3 have in spades however - is teasing/build-up and setup for KH4 and beyond that the player will understand pieces of it if they have knowledge of the mobile game, but at the same time, it's not as if that teasing and build-up is there for the sake of there to be no payoff eventually.

While having knowledge of Ux and X allows us to speculate on who "Mysterious Girl X" is, etc, within the main narrative of KH3, it's clear that basically "there is still the mystery of Mystery Girl X that will be addressed in future games."

I mean, even the epilogue. All we really needed to know from there was basically that Xigbar/Luxu was playing the long con and that he secretly serves a far greater purpose than all of Xehanort's plans.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia

Stuff that still are unanswered:
- Luxord's Wild Card
- Sora's heart and his weakening connections to Winnie the Pooh world
- The third unknown heart residing within Sora
- OrgXIII's 9->12 ( Demyx/Luxord/Marluxia/Larxene ) and their ancient keyblade legacy connections
- What happened to Master Ava?
- What happened to Mysterious Girl X?
- Mysterious heart that lost everything at the Final World
- What is the grand design of Master of Masters/Luxu?

Off the top of my head.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Eraqus just basically said "look after them." He's not promoting Terra to any higher position in any official capacity, more like asking the eldest sibling to look after the younger ones. Aqua is still the only Keyblade master of the trio.
Honestly I'm quite baffled by some of the interpretations of the scene that I have read. He doesn't say anything to suggest that he's nominating Terra as the leader or anything of the sort.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Stuff that still are unanswered:
- Luxord's Wild Card
- Sora's heart and his weakening connections to Winnie the Pooh world
- The third unknown heart residing within Sora
- OrgXIII's 9->12 ( Demyx/Luxord/Marluxia/Larxene ) and their ancient keyblade legacy connections
- What happened to Master Ava?
- What happened to Mysterious Girl X?
- Mysterious heart that lost everything at the Final World
- What is the grand design of Master of Masters/Luxu?

Off the top of my head.
The third heart was Xion, I think.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I love KH3 to bits, but in general I do get a lot of frustration in the sense that many characters didn't really get their shining moment of awesome or ended up being poorly utilised story-wise. ( Kairi is the most obvious example )

Even characters like Riku and Mickey are kinda shafted in terms of being able to have their piece of badass moment. Replica Riku was the one who got a better shining spotlight moment over the real Riku.

The third heart was Xion, I think.

That's what I thought at first, but there was a complete lack of 'heart comes out of sora golden glow' for Xion which was there for Roxas/Ventus.

And Xion was a construct of memories, not of a heart. I thought it was retconned or established in a way to highlight that maybe Xion developed her own heart despite being a construct of memories, but the fact that she was brought back ala carte by Real!Org13 as she was leads me to believe that Xion wasn't the 3rd heart.

SolVanderlyn

Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
That's what I thought at first, but there was a complete lack of 'heart comes out of sora golden glow' for Xion which was there for Roxas/Ventus.

And Xion was a construct of memories, not of a heart. I thought it was retconned or established in a way to highlight that maybe Xion developed her own heart despite being a construct of memories, but the fact that she was brought back ala carte by Real!Org13 as she was leads me to believe that Xion wasn't the 3rd heart.
I thought both Roxas and XIon's hearts escaped at the same time in that scene.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

It is Xion. Ienzo outright says the third heart joined Sora's in a very close time period to the second, which is Xion and Roxas who joined Sora a week from each other.

SolVanderlyn

Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I think Mysterious Girl X is this game's biggest lore bomb. Terra being the Guardian, numbers 9-12 being ancient keyblade wielders, and Braig being Luxu are big twists, but Girl is a brand new, previously unhinted at development, really dark in nature, referenced VERY overtly several times in the story, and also tied to Isa and Lea, which is really cool and implies they'll be important in whatever games are coming.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
The Twilight Town clocktower and Destiny Island beach is going to be very crowded in the future.

Also, I like how Hayner and Friends are now part of the "Multi-world Order" =p

SolVanderlyn

Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Look at this boss

AAuE7mDOm_QUMK33MXFVnL4K-uKZFyRRCVfc3WikyQ=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel so ridiculous for thinking Donald using ZettaFlare is such an hype moment. Like it's fucking donald the duck.

a1c50e54707cee24d7eba2d357f6504d.png

Look at this powerfull beast.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mysterious Girl X is this game's biggest lore bomb. Terra being the Guardian, numbers 9-12 being ancient keyblade wielders, and Braig being Luxu are big twists, but Girl is a brand new, previously unhinted at development, really dark in nature, referenced VERY overtly several times in the story, and also tied to Isa and Lea, which is really cool and implies they'll be important in whatever games are coming.
Secret reports HEAVILY imply mysterious girl x is actually Ava who had lost her memory and was experimented on.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
So here's something else which cements my view we will see more Square Enix world's in future games. The Secret Reports put some emphasis on the digitization of the heart. I could see that as a jumping off point to explore the "digital" square worlds. This is especially true of Verum Rex which a video game in the lore already.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Secret reports HEAVILY imply mysterious girl x is actually Ava who had lost her memory and was experimented on.
She could be Skuld too.

SR1:

I had no answer to offer them. Four friends, and a

key...that is the sum total of my memory. I could not

even recall my name. I was simply called "X" there. My

only solace was the time I spend talking with the two

boys who would visit from time to time.

One day, a man came to take me from the prison. I

could not see him for the darkness, save that he wore

an eyepatch. Even now, years on, I feel no closer to

understanding who or what I am.

SR3:

Subject was found in the central square shortly after

dawn. Female, approximately fifteen years old. After

seven days' observation, she spoke her first words, but

could not provide a name. Subject exhibits signs of

profound amnesia, and displays concern about which

world this is. Her words suggest that she departed her

home world with others, though she cannot recall the

names of her erstwhile companions. All efforts to

explore those memories have met with a rejection

response.

SR4

Subject's memories have not returned, and our

conversations remain less than lucid. What fragments

can be gleaned evoke a bygone world, like one out of

fairy tales. As improbable as it seems, the question

may not be where she has come from, but when. If she

truly has crossed through time, the prospect of probing

her heart is all the more compelling.

SR11:

I have seen it through; the Keyblade War unfolded

exactly as written on the Lost Page. Now, the

Keyblade the Master entrusted to me must be

bequeathed to another. Five Union leaders have been

chose from the surviving Dandelions. I will pass the

Keyblade to one of them, and then contine watching

the future unfold.

Yet it seems that someone has pulled the old

switcheroo. One of the Five is an impostor, someone

the Master did not choose. They represent a virus in

the program he so carefully wrote.

The virus has begun a strange undertaking: a reckless

plot to allow the Five to escape into another worldline.

Surely such a thing can't be possible? We're talking

about the same trick that allowed the Dandelions to

transfer to other worldlines after the Keyblade War.

But these children are no Masters. They haven't the

means...unless, of course, a certain lady of magic

summoned here from the future knows more than I do.

The whole Union leader thing was supposed to be by

the books. Are these new events just another phase in the Master's grand plan?

SR12:

Even on a worldline with no Keyblade War, a peace is but

a dream. In the absence of us and our Master, a

"darkness" arrived -- one that shall surely lead the World

to yet another demise.

Amid the chaos, I bequeathed my Keyblade to one of

the Union leaders, just as the Master instructed. I

watched as the Five were sent to another worldline -- at

no small cost -- ensuring the line of Keyblade wielders

will live on.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish we got resolution on what Xemnas was doing in the Chamber of Repose. Dude basically just got downgraded to henchman in this game.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Then I want to slap the shit out of Kid Eraqus for making us deal with those faceless dorks.
I mean it's entirely possible that the Foretellers haven't been developed as characters properly because it isn't their time yet. Since they are obviously important going forward they will hardly be "faceless dorks" when they are finally delved into properly.

Your bias towards the UX plot has been made blaringly obvious though. Don't get angry about it yet and just wait and see what they do with it, it's too early to slam the entire future of the franchise over underdeveloped characters that are going to get their moment in the future.

Give it a chance