• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Something that would have been a *much* better "motivation reveal" for Xehanort, imo: go back to his Riku-mirroring desire to escape from the prison of Destiny Islands, and mirror it to his discovery that prophecy has turned the entire universe into a prison (where events are predetermined so choices aren't really choices) and he thinks he can beat that by blowing it all up and starting over.

It'd keep him evil (while making him understandable), it'd be consistent with what's been presented of him already, it'd still set up the next arc.

Feb 5, 2018
Im confused that YX seemingly knows more about prophecy than MX. Why is it that YX warns Sora of disappearing, yet MX doesn't do the same later on lol?
Something that would have been a *much* better "motivation reveal" for Xehanort, imo: go back to his Riku-mirroring desire to escape from the prison of Destiny Islands, and mirror it to his discovery that prophecy has turned the entire universe into a prison (where events are predetermined so choices aren't really choices) and he thinks he can beat that by blowing it all up and starting over.

It'd keep him evil (while making him understandable), it'd be consistent with what's been presented of him already, it'd still set up the next arc.

Its still similar, we really just need more clarity. He's still evil and he still did it to "save" the universe. We need clarity as to what that means, because the ending only tells us that he wanted to save it by destroying everything (he literally says he wanted to purge the world of humans and darkness, i'm not sure if thats entirely redeeming).

Even the secret reports only point to his motivation of controlling the darkness from experiences with his Master and wanting to be Eraqus's equal, that he must use both light and dark to do so. However we only ever see him use Dark until you fight him in Scala under Kingdom Hearts (only then does he use light nearly all the time). We really need more cutscenes as free updates or DLC.

Like we know Xehanort chose to be the darkness and used the heroes of light to achieve this goal. If this was a motivation we knew about since BBS, then I'd be pretty satisfied with it, but as of now it comes off kind of jarring.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I also think Demyx is supposed to be more important than he is. The way he says he's a "chicken" when talking to Vexen after being benched gives me Xigbar levels of bullshittery that makes him look pretty suspect.

Oh yeah, I have a feeling he is too. He claims he can "be imposing when he wants to be", and we get a side of that in KH2 before his battle. His mannerism honestly reminds me of Nathan from Blood+, someone who is hiding who really is. (also fun/random fact. that in the Japanese dub, that VA is Axels)

Oct 26, 2017
Tore Dark inferno a new one - No Damage or cheese @ Level 54

If anyones havin trouble i'll offer advice since his moveset is surprisingly complicated. My absolute favorite part of the fight is in the final phase when he summons a circle of orbs, then dashes to your face.
giphy.gif

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can anyone explain how they got to Scala ad Caelum?

Like Riku says that Master Xehanort is a portal, but I thought only YX had time travel powers?

How was taking Master Xehanort to Scala ad Caelum going to trap him? Is it the past or the present?

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Hard for me to not dwell on my disappointments with the game. I personally would have loved for Scala Ad Caelum to be a full level, it could have been an awesome explanation of Xehanort's past and explained his plans a little more.

I also really hate the loose ends that were left at the end of the game. I'm not talking about stuff like the secret ending or the cliffhanger with Sora fading out but stuff like the identities of Marluxia and co being hinted at MIDWAY THROUGH THE GAME that is never mentioned again. Or Luxord's card, or the black box - why is this stuff even brought up if it's never going to be discussed again? Setting up future plot points is one thing but this is just awful storytelling (even by Nomura's standards). I could have given a pass for some clunky things in this game given that the overall storyline clearly ballooned way out of control and things were way too complex to begin with. This game actually wraps most of that stuff up reasonably well- I would think that Nomura could use this as an opportunity to take the series in a new direction plotwise, and start from a much simpler and consolidated position.

Ultimately I guess he views the story complexity and ridiculousness as a feature and not a bug. I think I might be done with this series for that reason
Same. I was expecting a plot about Xehanort corrupting his vessels and consuming their identities, perhaps with a side of self-betrayal (he wanted all these Norts because he couldn't trust other people - imagine then the irony if he couldn't trust himself!), ending with him devoured by darkness and becoming some kind of Chernobog-like final boss...

Also, I expected the heroes to have an actual plan - and backup! - beyond "do everything the villain wants us to do". I thought that was where the Roxas stuff was going, but...

It just feels rushed? Post-Disney worlds all you get are four hours of cutscenes and constant bosses, characters suddenly appearing out of nowhere, and this entire "everyone dies" sequence that has so little bearing on the plot that it literally resets time to ignore it.

I guess I was mistaken when I assumed the increasing convolutions of the plot were more an artefact of Nomura spinning the wheels, needing to keep Xehanort a threat and Sora from growing up. Now it just feels like convolution for the sake of convolution...

Goddamn those Disney characters throwing shade on the Organisation, though. Highlight of the game for me!

Feb 5, 2018
bEtwcZq.gif
OMaIXpn.gif

In regards to the Yozora ending, the main question is whether this will either be an extensive DLC story or new KH title entirely.

Although, I'm curious since both the Verum Rex mock ad and the secret ending have a very deliberate Final Fantasy aesthetic, will the visuals of this supposed game also reflect that creative direction? Kingdom Hearts with a modern "Final Fantasy" aesthetic would certainly produce some seriously pretty imagery.

As many have already pointed out, there are definitely several ideas/ IPs crossing over through out the secret ending sequence. TWEWY x Versus XIII x KH. But what else could it feature? Other Square Enix IP crossovers/cameos? Just how deep are we going here? Square Enix itself even exists in the Toy Story world as a game developer, with Verum Rex meant to be parody of Final Fantasy within the Toy Story universe. Could this world within a world be Kingdom Heart's de facto "Final Fantasy world", in the vein of a Disney/Pixar world?

All the main characters of Verum Rex have designs that make reference to some characters from the Versus XIII phase in particular.
Bahamut also exists within Verum Rex as a boss fight. Could this world potentially feature other iconic summons from Final Fantasy? Or parodies/reimagining of iconic Final Fantasy characters. Verum Rex's version of notCloud or notSquall, or even notSephiroth idk lol. It would be sort of interesting to take KH down the meta wormhole.

Please don't take any of this too seriously, just having fun speculating.

I think its the next, NEXT Main or Side Game. It clearly is after Sora saves Kairi, as Riku is there and Sora was supposed to go alone to save her. This looks like after he disappears from destiny islands and Riku goes to save him specfically.

My prediction for future games/DLC are as follows:

- DLC/Side Game focusing on Sora finding Kairi after she's gone. Will focus on their love for each other (hence them holding hands at the end of KH3). Maybe Sora will say the big words. I personally think it may be DLC, since Sora in "Yozora" is still wearing the same KH3 outfit, meaning he'd still have the same abilities as 3 while goes to save her. This would be an excellent way of introducing a true postgame into KH3. Who knows though, lets see.

- A Side Game focusing on adapting KHX/UX. This needs to happen. So many of 3's references refer to this story, so once its done, I expect a RE: X/UX story with overhauled gameplay/graphics, possibly running directly on KH3's engine, maybe simplified and focuses on creating your own character. Possibly a late PS4/Switch title since I don't think UX will last too much longer.

- A Main Game focusing on this secret ending. Every KH ending directly references another main game. And yes, I count BBS and DDD as main games as they are integral to the story beyond everything, the rest are side-games. KH1 secret movie direct references KH2, not RE:CoM. KH2 secret movie directly references BBS, not 358 or RE:Coded. DDD technically is referenced by RE:Coded's secret movie which is the only side game to have a secret ending. This one also seems to focus on this Yozora character and allegedly the MoM also being lost there. Its very possible YX put the Yozora game (and trapped Sora in a version of his world mind you) in the fake toy story world because he knows of this place (and somehow his older self didn't).

So yes, I think Sora saving Kairi and Sora/Riku ending up where Yozora is are 2 different plot points that need to be ironed out in separate games. I'm hoping for the former to be DLC for Sora, it'd make sense over another side game.

Can anyone explain how they got to Scala ad Caelum?

Like Riku says that Master Xehanort is a portal, but I thought only YX had time travel powers?

How was taking Master Xehanort to Scala ad Caelum going to trap him? Is it the past or the present?
God...they also need to explain how they trapped Xehanort in Scala (due to time travel alledgedly) as he wasn't going to go there specifically.

But yea we don't know.

The game, even though it has 3+ hours of cutscenes after the Disney worlds are over, actually needs MORE cutscenes and playable scenarios to make sense of it all.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
As some noted, is there a specific reason why the Tokyo (seemingly of TWEWY) doesn't actually use Japanese in the trailer (at least for some parts) but some weird language?

Feb 5, 2018
Same. I was expecting a plot about Xehanort corrupting his vessels and consuming their identities, perhaps with a side of self-betrayal (he wanted all these Norts because he couldn't trust other people - imagine then the irony if he couldn't trust himself!), ending with him devoured by darkness and becoming some kind of Chernobog-like final boss...

Also, I expected the heroes to have an actual plan - and backup! - beyond "do everything the villain wants us to do". I thought that was where the Roxas stuff was going, but...

It just feels rushed? Post-Disney worlds all you get are four hours of cutscenes and constant bosses, characters suddenly appearing out of nowhere, and this entire "everyone dies" sequence that has so little bearing on the plot that it literally resets time to ignore it.

I guess I was mistaken when I assumed the increasing convolutions of the plot were more an artefact of Nomura spinning the wheels, needing to keep Xehanort a threat and Sora from growing up. Now it just feels like convolution for the sake of convolution...

Goddamn those Disney characters throwing shade on the Organisation, though. Highlight of the game for me!

We ironically need even more playable scenarios and cutscenes at the end lol.

1. Explain how Xion came back (either through an earlier plotline with Sora and possibly Vexen not shown? She's supposed to be in HIS heart. How did they make her?)

2. Lingering Will after thrashing Terranort. Make it a playable scenario

3. Kairi and Lea's training as a playable scenario (prefer to play as Kairi, but either would help) to break up the constant disney world traversal. We get 2 CG cutscenes with them and thats it until after Aqua is saved.

4. Riku and Mickey as your partner during the dark world and Hollow Bastion scenes. They'd have to make Hollow Bastion playable, but Riku and Mickey were there for 60% of the game doing god knows what. Riku and him somehow get new keyblades with no explanation.

5. Playable scenarios BEFORE Sora arrives to fight the darknesses with people. Namely, Lingering Will vs. Terranort, Mickey vs. Marluxia, etc. (his assets from KH2 are being used as a party member in KH3), Riku vs. Riku-Replica/Xigbar (already a completed character), Ven and Aqua vs. Vanitas and Terranort separately at first, and Kairi and Lea fighting Saix and Xion respectively. Many of the assets are already there, and the fights don't have to be 20 bars of health each, just long enough to feel like there was payoff. Not sure how to incorporate Roxas/Xion here, but since they aren't one of the 7 lights, its not a big deal. Same with Lingering Will, a cutscene would suffice. The rest should have limited fights, 3 of the 7 are already playable and the rest have party member functions (they heal and have movesets)

6. Demyx missing entirely from the ending. Dilan and Aeleus not having one line lmao. They are the only org members to get shafted.

7. Better explain the odd time travel shit they did when they "died" and why YX was saying that Sora is going to learn of the consequences of doing it too much (he seems to know something via time travel that he'll forget and his older self wont remember).

8. I actually appreciated that MX was not turned into a weird monster, but am thrown off by his motivations. Another thing they should explain via more scenes.

So yea, theres a crap ton they can do in this regard, and hopefully they will.

As some noted, is there a specific reason why the Tokyo (seemingly of TWEWY) doesn't actually use Japanese in the trailer (at least for some parts) but some weird language?

Because it some weird messed up version of it. Whatever it is, its going to open up another can of worms for this series in terms of lore.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
I am also not sure what Master Xehanort being a portal was about and why it was relevant. Is it because he is the most recent incarnation of Xehanort? Did Sora trap Master Xehanort in a dream? Xion's existence doesn't make sense to me if Sora still has her heart unless he released it offscreen and didn't know or something.

Terra-Xehanort also doesn't make sense to me if he is time displaced or reformed since old Master Xehanort is the actual reformed version and Terra should have went back to the past.

I need all of the DLC and the Ultimania ASAP

Feb 5, 2018
I am also not sure what Master Xehanort being a portal was about and why it was relevant. Is it because he is the most recent incarnation of Xehanort? Did Sora trap Master Xehanort in a dream? Xion's existence doesn't make sense to me if Sora still has her heart unless he released it offscreen and didn't know or something.

Terra-Xehanort also doesn't make sense to me if he is time displaced or reformed since old Master Xehanort is the actual reformed version and Terra should have went back to the past.

Yup, hopefully these are all things Nomura knows are confusing, and decides to add more scenes when he can

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The Ansem SoD and Xemnas of the current timeline were defeated, so their original self - Terranort - was recompleted. I think?

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
They should've made the Xehanort shown in KH2 the main villain and old Xehanort the time displaced one in DDD then and actually update Terra's look to reflect it.

But hell in DDD they made it sound like every organization member was timedisplaced not just Young Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem stuff changed a lot I guess

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
All of the KH original worlds outside of The World That Never Was all have a very similar look and feel but I believe are meant to be distinct worlds.

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly imagine how good the game would have been if Sora was actually having an impact on anything. The only thing that happens till end game is "realise you need a replica -> Vexen conveniently betrays organisation".
Like imagine if we actually had to work to get the replica for roxas, rather than hoppin between filler.

Feb 5, 2018
Unpopular opinion, but as complicated as KH lore is, I wouldnt mind more side games with already established characters. We all know these characters are coming back in some form, as many of them have plot points not yet ironed out. On top of this, it could prevent the next main title from being super overstuffed and instead delivered via side games. Granted, these could be added in the next main game as simple cutscenes but lets see.

1. Id gladly take another game with Roxas, Lea, Xion and Isa looking for the missing girl/Skuld from Radiant Garden as its 100% going to be a plot point in a future game anyway. Make all 4 playable, with the possibility of Isa also becoming a keyblade wielder. It would likely involve them tracking down Xigbar, as its known information from the reports WHO took her. Would tie into KHUX pretty heavily.

2. A side game focusing on Ventus's true past and how it affects Terra and Aqua. Involves the MoM in some form or other foretellers.

3. A KHX/UX adaption, this needs to happen. Focuses on a random keyblade wielder while expanding upon Skuld, Ephemer, Brain, Lauriam, Ventus, Elrena, Strelitzia Etc etc etc.

4. A dlc/side game focusing on Sora finding Kairi, whilst making Kairi also playable here. Very much her story as it is his. Possibly involves a foreteller as an antagonist. Possibly involves Lauriam, Elrena, and Luxord's/Demyx's somebodies helping him as Lauriam is looking for possibly Strelitzia/Nameless star. DLC is strongly preferred here as it directly involves a cliffhanger from KH3. Sora would disappear after this point

5. The plot of the Secret ending as a main/side game focusing on Riku and Sora. Involves the MoM. Likely KH4 or part of KH4s main plot.

I doubt all of this happens in one game and it involves some conjecture as to where characters will go, but i feel like all 5 plot points need to be resolved.

Basically:

3 Side games (Involving UXs adaption, Lea's group and Ventus's group) as neithers story is over (they would be if Nomura didnt drop hints of future plots with each)

1 DLC episode (focusing on rescuing Kairi and possibly helping Lauriam find Strelitzia, unless thats entirely separate)

KH4 (the secret ending).

Before people call me crazy, its happened before lol. I personally dont mind this if its already established characters, just hopefully not new ones.

Oct 27, 2017
So who were the stars in the final world supposed to be from?
I thought it was maybe Xeahnort or Eraqus but it clearly seems like someone who has died and passed through the world.

And was the mystery girl Isa was after Kairi or is this just a brand new plot point from nowhere?

and who was actually human vs a nobody in this? Earlier you see them talking about the "gift of humanity" but later Sora is talking about how they'll be recompleted AGAIN and how he'd like to hang out with Luxord like bros.

Feb 5, 2018
I thought it was maybe Xeahnort or Eraqus but it clearly seems like someone who has died and passed through the world.

And was the mystery girl Isa was after Kairi or is this just a brand new plot point from nowhere?

and who was actually human vs a nobody in this? Earlier you see them talking about the "gift of humanity" but later Sora is talking about how they'll be recompleted AGAIN and how he'd like to hang out with Luxord like bros.
Random people except Namine and the nameless star, whom is hypothesized to be Strelitzia/Lauriams sister.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah I thought it was weird how Sora didnt really interact with Kairi that much ever since she joined. I did really like the scene with Sora and Kairi on Destiny Island before the big battle, I was like finally they acknowledge each other.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017

The secret reports explain it but she is a girl from ancient times who goes by the letter "X" that was being experimented on by Ansem the Wise and his apprentices to uncover the secrets of the heart. Lea and Isa sneak in to the castle prison shown in 2FM and see her there and befriend her. One day she disappeared which lead to Ansem stopping the experiments and also lead to Lea and Isa becoming apprentices to find out what happened to her. Even after they became Nobodies, they kept looking but Axel eventually gave up and made new friends, making Saix bitter. Pretty much explains what exactly they were doing in BBS and why they are a part of the organization.

Last edited:

Vinea

Jan 25, 2019
Honestly imagine how good the game would have been if Sora was actually having an impact on anything. The only thing that happens till end game is "realise you need a replica -> Vexen conveniently betrays organisation".
Like imagine if we actually had to work to get the replica for roxas, rather than hoppin between filler.

Weirdly enough, it really felt like they were building up to that? Right after Olympus, it's all about how critical helping Roxas is to Sora, so they go to Twilight Town to get more information, and then... forget about saving Roxas until it's conveniently checked off a list by the end of the game.

I'd have much rather they incorporated more original story heavy scenes earlier instead of just mostly disney, disney, disney, then 20 hours of back to back KH-specific stuff.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Weirdly enough, it really felt like they were building up to that? Right after Olympus, it's all about how critical helping Roxas is to Sora, so they go to Twilight Town to get more information, and then... forget about saving Roxas until it's conveniently checked off a list by the end of the game.

I'd have much rather they incorporated more original story heavy scenes earlier instead of just mostly disney, disney, disney, then 20 hours of back to back KH-specific stuff.
The Twilight Town section confused me at first because it just...stopped. I thought we were going to head into the virtual Twilight Town to glean more information on Roxas, but Sora and company just upped and left to explore some Disney worlds for no adequately explained reason.

I assumed we'd head back at some point, as with KH2, thus explaining why TT was so small, but...

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait a minute.
Verum Rex
Verum Re:X
Re:X=Remake X
Verum=True
True Remake X?

The next game is Sora and Riku in the true events prior and during Chi, including TWEWY Shibuya. The worlds all used to exist together, in one world, so perhaps the Hub World with the worlds in different corners of it isn't a stretch.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have several thoughts and questions about the ending/Secret ending and i'm just gonna lay it all out so:

1. So.... is Verum Rex just a big fuck you to FFXV? that's what it feels like. and the secret trailer is nuts.
  2. I really hope its TWEWY DLC and not another game. Neku said himself: "see you in Shibuya" in DDD. That can kickstart the next Saga in the KH Series with Xehanort's Story over.
  3. What's really shocking is that there is absolutely NO FF characters in KH3 besides Moogles, none whatsoever. Maybe Nomura was so bitter about FFXV that he decided no FF Characters.
  4. Does this mean all the organization members are normal humans now?
  5. Who was the girl Saix was referring to when he was talking to Lea? is that something in the mobile game?
  6. I have this feeling were getting Marvel and LucasFilm Worlds for the next KH. C'mon Guardians of the Galaxy World!
  7. I think maybe some worlds were cut like 100 Acre Wood and Twilight Town to save time. You can tell because it wasn't even the full Twilight Town. just the main area and the Mansion. Pooh's world was just 3 Mini games and nothing else, it was barely a world.

Overall i feel this game wrapped up pretty fast. I liked that we didn't have to go back to the same worlds again. Combat felt 10X smoother in KH3 that previous games. Keep this system for the next game, because it works perfectly with the mayhem of KH.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, can we briefly talk about how awesome the ultimate weapon is? Like holy shit.

I'm sure I'm late to the party, but damn.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

I completely missed out the naminé cutscene (where she says she will bring back Terra to change the balance).

That makes so much more sense now. Why make this an optional cutscene lol. Of course I missed one of those stars ...

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
I think its the next, NEXT Main or Side Game. It clearly is after Sora saves Kairi, as Riku is there and Sora was supposed to go alone to save her. This looks like after he disappears from destiny islands and Riku goes to save him specfically.

My prediction for future games/DLC are as follows:

- DLC/Side Game focusing on Sora finding Kairi after she's gone. Will focus on their love for each other (hence them holding hands at the end of KH3). Maybe Sora will say the big words. I personally think it may be DLC, since Sora in "Yozora" is still wearing the same KH3 outfit, meaning he'd still have the same abilities as 3 while goes to save her. This would be an excellent way of introducing a true postgame into KH3. Who knows though, lets see.

- A Side Game focusing on adapting KHX/UX. This needs to happen. So many of 3's references refer to this story, so once its done, I expect a RE: X/UX story with overhauled gameplay/graphics, possibly running directly on KH3's engine, maybe simplified and focuses on creating your own character. Possibly a late PS4/Switch title since I don't think UX will last too much longer.

- A Main Game focusing on this secret ending. Every KH ending directly references another main game. And yes, I count BBS and DDD as main games as they are integral to the story beyond everything, the rest are side-games. KH1 secret movie direct references KH2, not RE:CoM. KH2 secret movie directly references BBS, not 358 or RE:Coded. DDD technically is referenced by RE:Coded's secret movie which is the only side game to have a secret ending. This one also seems to focus on this Yozora character and allegedly the MoM also being lost there. Its very possible YX put the Yozora game (and trapped Sora in a version of his world mind you) in the fake toy story world because he knows of this place (and somehow his older self didn't).

I agree with this. I would appreciate something like the following

-KH Awakening (DLC) - Bridge game between KH3 and KH4, this is where Sora essentially dies and rescues Kairi
-KHX Final Mix (Playable game + Movie) - this will set up all of the Keyblade Legacy Arc and take us to the point of the foretellers being summoned by Luxu at the end of KH3. I would expect us to learn more about world lines here.
-KH4, which will establish the next set of antagonists and the MoM

KH Awakening, 2020 (assuming this could be done alongside FFVII Remake)
KHX Final Mix, 2022 (this would hopefully be after FVII R is out, and since a lot of it should already be pretty much ironed out/worked out, hopefully there's not too much heavy lifting)
KH4, 2024

Doubt it'll be that clean, but I'm hoping that after FFVII remake, Nomura has the opportunity to clean up how he bridges the gap, because the distribution of plot for the Dark Seeker arc was a mess.

Oct 27, 2017
KH2 had a more satisfying and conclusive ending than this. 😐

I mean it was basically fanfiction level as far as wish fulfillment went. The two scenes I really wanted to happen were seeing lingering will protect Ven in a rematch fight and the big happy ending on destiny islands, and Nomura basically nailed both scenes exactly.

I don't know what else could be resolved unless people just wanted a more violent death for Xeahnort instead of just letting him admit he's an asshole and walk off into the afterlife.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that misses the TRIANGLE special scenes during fights?

I felt the fights were less epic in KH3 =/

AbsoluteKiwi

Jan 24, 2019
I agree with this. I would appreciate something like the following

-KH Awakening (DLC) - Bridge game between KH3 and KH4, this is where Sora essentially dies and rescues Kairi
-KHX Final Mix (Playable game + Movie) - this will set up all of the Keyblade Legacy Arc and take us to the point of the foretellers being summoned by Luxu at the end of KH3. I would expect us to learn more about world lines here.
-KH4, which will establish the next set of antagonists and the MoM

KH Awakening, 2020 (assuming this could be done alongside FFVII Remake)
KHX Final Mix, 2022 (this would hopefully be after FVII R is out, and since a lot of it should already be pretty much ironed out/worked out, hopefully there's not too much heavy lifting)
KH4, 2024

Doubt it'll be that clean, but I'm hoping that after FFVII remake, Nomura has the opportunity to clean up how he bridges the gap, because the distribution of plot for the Dark Seeker arc was a mess.

I have no doubt that they won't pass up the chance to name the eventual smartphone retread as Re:Union. Especially since BackCover covers the part leading up to it going from X to Union X, so there isnt reason to redo that a third time.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Any viable strats for battle portal 5 outside grinding? On LVL50 enemies take out roughly 50% of my health with one hit :P

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'm confused as shit about the damn ending (the epilogue + secret ending in particular). Any clues?
Epilogue directly ties to KHUX (mobile games) and it won't make any sense if you don't know those stories. If you need to get caught up, watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5f9XnpqfQI and then Back Cover (KHX movie). Then it will all make more sense. Needless to say, there are a few big reveals that set up the next big arc (Keyblade Legacy Arc)

Secret ending is deliberately cryptic but we know it will link directly to a future KH game given past secret endings. Prevailing thoughts include: Sora died saving Kairi, and has ended up in the TWEWY world, Riku is looking for him, and Yozora is a part of it in some way. The MoM (you find out more by watching back cover and the link above) is also suspected to be at the end which has huge implications that connects the ancient tales to Sora and company.
I have no doubt that they won't pass up the chance to name the eventual smartphone retread as Re:Union. Especially since BackCover covers the part leading up to it going from X to Union X, so there isnt reason to redo that a third time.
ReUnion makes a lot of sense too.

Oct 26, 2017
If you watch the start of the verum Rex trailer there is a banner that confirms it's takes place in Shibuya.
Suprised this wasn't spotted before the secret ending tbh

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Mobile game tie in for epilogue perhaps hinting at another game but may just be wrapped up in the mobile game and secret ending may be Square Ultimate Stars or The World Ends With You 2 but done really tongue in cheek.
Epilogue directly ties to KHUX (mobile games) and it won't make any sense if you don't know those stories. If you need to get caught up, watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5f9XnpqfQI and then Back Cover (KHX movie). Then it will all make more sense. Needless to say, there are a few big reveals that set up the next big arc (Keyblade Legacy Arc)

Secret ending is deliberately cryptic but we know it will link directly to a future KH game given past secret endings. Prevailing thoughts include: Sora died saving Kairi, and has ended up in the TWEWY world, Riku is looking for him, and Yozora is a part of it in some way. The MoM (you find out more by watching back cover and the link above) is also suspected to be at the end which has huge implications that connects the ancient tales to Sora and company.

Thanks! Will dive into it! :D

Finished the story some 30 minutes ago, if that. Fun game, waaaaayyy to easy, even in Proud. Needs a critical mode ASAP.