• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, as other said, we gonna get the 'real' secret ending in the DLC.
But hey, this is good! Doesn't matter if it is a new world or TWEWY world, we're possible getting a fully explorable world that is not from Disney(yes, I know we had those before) and with story.
Imagine if we got a Midgar, Spira and other FF worlds in the next games.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic, but I'll ask anyway;

Pulsing crystals/gems - where can I find them? Struggling to find any, done a handful of battlegates and nothing.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. I guess this means Eraqus is descended from Brain, if their similar appearance is anything to go by.

I'm really hoping they're not just the same person because he just moved forward in time and lost his memories, like Ventus
I can't remember what it says word for word but in one of his reports, Xehanort says that Eraqus is a descendant of the very first masters so maybe they're connected that way?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Welp, i am still on Nomura's wild confusing ride
According to Zeal, what a beautiful read that twitter account was, Kingdom Hearts is going to transition into Versus Final Fantasy, somehow. Somehow the MoM Saga and the future of Kingdom Hearts is going to be an interconnected world with a rebooted Versus Final Fantasy XIII. Somehow Nomura hijacked his first series with his failed series and will create a shared universe. If true, I am so fucking in. Gonna create a thread for this, cause it truly deserves it.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to beat a dead horse again but Kairi not even being in the secret ending just reaffirms that the Destiny Trio is easily the worst trio which is jarring since they're the 'main' trio. The Days trio have the best friendship hands down and while I have my issues with them, you can at least tell that Terra, Ven, and Aqua all care about each other equally. Riku and Kairi barely interact anymore and Sora and Kairi's relationship is severely undeveloped. I feel Kairi is always going to be the odd one out because Sora telling the audience how 'awesome' she is or her just being the '''emotional support'''' isn't really going to cut it after 10+ years of nothing with her character.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YAY HIS BOYFREN CHASED HIM I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T LET ME DOWN NOMURA! MAKE THEM KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISS.

Also this is really fucking stupid and clearly setting up some shitty ARG or Mobile game, maybe a movie, but clearly not KH4.

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Zael could be lying or making stuff up
Yeah some of his stuff seems so vague, clearly focused on Versus.

He has several tweets about KH3 having cut FF content for DLC that will be fed back to us in a month, claiming it was already 'finished'. I also saw a tweet where he claims SE are not happy with reviews or sales numbers of KH3. I'm not sure I'm ready to believe this guy lol

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Are there any optional super bosses?
There's an optional boss for each of the combat types in the game (Standard combat, gummi ship, pirate ship combat)

Also any place to get Damascus?
Random drop from shooting blue asteroids in the Gummi Ship. Flying to the galaxy with Keyblade Graveyard in it and shooting the numerous blue asteroids around the giant mechanical structure is a decent way to farm them.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dear god the Versus cult has awoken and now this thread is talking about Zeal.
Nomura will never let go of 2006.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They show the freaking MoM at the end if it's DLC it's clearly some BBS Final Scenario kind of DLC where it's all post game.

Riku will go above and beyond for his Boyfren.

Nomura, don't puss out because of CERO being homophobic shitlords who'll rate your game a full two age groups higher for having gay shit in it.

MAKE THEM KISS.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
REALLY stupid question, buuuuut.... Was it ever actually confirmed that the boys playing chess are Eraqus and Xehanort? Do they ever call each other that? I guess the final cutscene with adult Eraqus saying "checkmate" kind of seals it, buuuut....
They literally turn into those kids in the last cutscene with xehahort

While they turn into them the character files just name them as "The Boy in Black" and "The Boy in White". Though I don't know when they get added to the gummi phone section.
But yeah they are most likely (like 99.999%) Eraqus and Xehanort.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a rumor not too long back that talked about how Sora fought Xehanort in Scala, but then was transported to a Shibuya like place afterwards for the true final battle (as in, the front cover of the game). It was obvious it was a fake but im dying at how its technically right now lmao.

So is this where you go when you are dead/dying/lost in time? Im so confused and excited by this prospect. This might actually be inside of Kingdom Hearts if its not just Shibuya.
Alright if the inside of Kingdom Hearts is TWEWY or just legit the real world then I take everything bad I've ever said about Nomura. Because that's god level fuckery.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Riku will go above and beyond for his Boyfren.
Never really was a trio (ignore Mickey, he was just leaving.)
KH3-TDR-Room-768x432.jpg

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also y'all are crazy if you think it'll be more than 3 years before we get another major game release for KH. They have all the assets, the actors aren't getting any younger, it's not like they have to make all this stuff from scratch anymore like they did with 3. Everything is in place for a quick turnaround development timetable.

Then again I said that same shit about Persona and yet it's probably another 4 years before we get another one of them so the fuck do I know.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the regular Verum Rex teaser, not the secret ending - did anyone else think about that hilariously low rent FFXV mobile CG when not-Stella was bundled offscreen at the end?

KZMHDSY.gif

It did serve as a reminder that even if Nomura did get to realise his 'true vision' for Stella, she'd likely not be treated much better than Luna or Kairi despite all of the fan dreams from the first teaser.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bahamut confirmed a boss fight in KH4.

Man I hope those lame Gigas aren't coming back. Or worse, become an actual plot point in KH4...

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It did serve as a reminder that even if Nomura did get to realise his 'true vision' for Stella, she'd likely not be treated much better than Luna or Kairi despite all of the fan dreams from the first teaser.
Pretty much. I feel like people were so obsessed over who they thought Stella was going to be that they never really stopped to consider that Nomura's track record with female character's is okay at best and terrible at worst.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It seems crazy but Yoyoza being in the Shibuya World alongside Sora, Riku, and the MoM means that he is likely going to play a major role in the MoM Saga.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems crazy but Yoyoza being in the Shibuya World alongside Sora, Riku, and the MoM means that he is likely going to play a major role in the MoM Saga.
Or, the theory I posited earlier, that they're running out of the "good" Disney movies to make worlds out of so they're going to lean on alternative properties such as video games and original worlds to make up the difference.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Nothing about that secret ending gives anything he said any credibility. What he's saying is beyond the point of absurd and crazy. "Sora doesn't belong in the Disney universe" and "Noctis is the Thanos of KH3" are some of the most idiotic statements I've heard in regards to the Kingdom Hearts series.

Or, the theory I posited earlier, that they're running out of the "good" Disney movies to make worlds out of so they're going to lean on alternative properties such as video games and original worlds to make up the difference.

This is much more plausible and realistic.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's still recent Disney/Pixar Movies that came out
But a lot of those aren't good video game settings. The Good Dinosaur isn't a good setting because there's minimal narrative thrust and character interaction that works within an ARPG. Finding Nemo/Dory well, everybody hates water levels. You're left with very few pickings at the carcass for world variance at this point. Which is why it makes sense to just move along using original worlds to anchor the narrative and plot structure while keeping the Disney worlds as the primary "Wow" worlds to include. Because if you're going to continue with this franchise you need to keep Disney as the primary driving force but at a point you just kinda run out of Disney stuff to romp through.

I get it, people go "MAHVEL" and shit but that would make for a crappy level. They don't mesh well, there's no synchronicity between the properties. Kingdom Hearts was designed around the Disney ANIMATED features. It's why the Pirates worlds are bad. It's why them turning it from a one off cool collaboration/crossover into a franchise came with risks, that's the risk.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Regarding the regular Verum Rex teaser, not the secret ending - did anyone else think about that hilariously low rent FFXV mobile CG when not-Stella was bundled offscreen at the end?

KZMHDSY.gif

Early vXIII scripts hd Noctis killing her as a child....