• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this secret ending seems very similar to vanilla KH2 in terms of what it showed. A very short tease of what's to come and Final Mix/the eventual DLC will add a much longer teaser if it's not actual story DLC.
Anyone think we are either getting a DLC expansion or a KH spin-off sequel (similar to KH 358/2 Days or KHDDD)?

Sora is trapped in a sleeping world. Riku goes and looks for him. MoM is also trapped in a sleeping world. All leads to set-up for KH4?
Sure seems that way. Would be a real shame if they waited until 4 to give us something extra (unless Union X does) not to mention even Chain of Memories was used as a stop gap game between 1 and 2 so it's not like the series hasn't had a history of putting spin-offs between mainline games.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm holding my reservations of the secret ending for now - it might end up being something closer to Deep Dive (being relegated into being a cut-scene in the end), who knows.
We eventually visited The World That Never Was, and 385/2 Days had that cutscene as one of the final boss battles. So this is gonna be a featured world someday. Fucking Shibuya from TWEWY is a sleeping world, and it could be like Radiant Garden where all the video game peeps are from. Tha k you Nomira, just when the insanity seemed like it peaked, you throw this on us.

Random thought:MoM is actually the Bouncer protag and is heavily redesigned to look like sora.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Random thought:MoM is actually the Bouncer protag and is heavily redesigned to look like sora.
Z1waAt7.png

lol
Edit:
Wtf

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man I haven't finished the game yet but I watched the secret movie already, I couldn't resist and omg....

I think this teases an upcoming dlc which includes 2 different worlds or one which is split in half
and contains both TWTEWY and the Verum Rex/FF XIII.
The first one will be played by Sora and the second one by Riku and when you finish the dlc
maybe they will tease something about MoM and KH4 xD

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
What if the next Kingdom Hearts Saga is MoM trying his plans out in actual SE Worlds instead of Disney Worlds? So that would mean KH Original Worlds and Disney Worlds still feature, but there is now a much heavier focus on various SE property worlds as well.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the secret ending was mostly a DLC tease rather than actual secret ending we usually get. For the latter, it really sucked. Would be great if this teases DLC and then at the end of those we get a batshit insane real secret ending.

Also, this actually confirms the early leaks of Sora ending up in Shibuya.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Anyone think we are either getting a DLC expansion or a KH spin-off sequel (similar to KH 358/2 Days or KHDDD)?

Sora is trapped in a sleeping world. Riku goes and looks for him. MoM is also trapped in a sleeping world. All leads to set-up for KH4?
I do kind of get the feeling that the secret movie is setting up some DLC and that is what will set up the next KH game, but who knows.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I hope the secret ending was mostly a DLC tease rather than actual secret ending we usually get. For the latter, it really sucked. Would be great if this teases DLC and then at the end of those we get a batshit insane real secret ending.

Also, this actually confirms the early leaks of Sora ending up in Shibuya.
That's what it feels like right now. A secret ending for the future DLC content, and later on we get a proper Birth By Sleep style secret ending. Or maybe 2, depending on what they will do with DLC. Like I can see 1 secret ending after the Free DLC is all released, and one final major story update after the Final Mix DLC. Nomura ain't done with us, we are gonna be waiting on secret endings for the next two years.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The secret movie doesn't seem to suggest much about the series going forward, just a DLC tease in my opinion.

The real secret movie will be at the end of the DLC

Cue rage about the "real ending" being behind a paywall

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The man found a way to make KH continue on even during the mess that was Square's PS3/360 era. We might not get KH4, yeah, but I think it won't be too long (relatively speaking) before we see the next part of the story and whatever this ends up being.

Oh yeah I expect another game along the lines of BBS and DDD before we get KH4.

Oct 25, 2017
Do the eventual spinoffs really need Nomura's direction, though? He could just give the general idea and let Yasue take control while he takes his time with FFVII and then comes back for KH4 proper.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never cared about Versus and hasn't played TWEWY, nothing about that secret ending was exciting or interesting.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
What if the next Kingdom Hearts Saga is MoM trying his plans out in actual SE Worlds instead of Disney Worlds? So that would mean KH Original Worlds and Disney Worlds still feature, but there is now a much heavier focus on various SE property worlds as well.
Would Disney be okay with that? They do own the KH franchise, right?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
The game is supposed to arrive at my house today if all goes well. Can anyone tell me the requirements for the secret ending? I'm assuming there is one. And what they are for different difficulty levels?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have a theory - the next Kingdom Hearts Game or DLC will be Open World - taking place entirely in Tokyo. But the twist that it takes place in our earth where Square Enix and Disney charcters are fiction and only recently have SE and Disney Characters has altered the world. The characters in our world are leaning to integrate with the fictionalised charcters. There are three main protagonists, Sora,Riku and Yozora - each trying to reconnect their memories and all entered the real world in different circumstances and have to participate in this "game" which has been set up by the Masters of Masters. The title of the game/dlc is Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The game is supposed to arrive at my house today if all goes well. Can anyone tell me the requirements for the secret ending? I'm assuming there is one. And what they are for different difficulty levels?
you need to collect hidden mickeys in order to unlock the secret ending, the game called them lucky emblems but it is the same thing
the amount you need will with what difficulty you are on

Proud/30
Standard/60
Beginner/90

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
you need to collect hidden mickeys in order to unlock the secret ending, the game called them lucky emblems but it is the same thing
the amount you need will with what difficulty you are on

Proud/30
Standard/60
Beginner/90
Thank you very much! I thought it was going to be something more complicated. This seems pretty good.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Whoo boy, it's been a while since we've had a good ol' mindfuck secret ending.

One ticket for Nomura's fucked up, wild ride, please!

I can see all this resentment from Nomura being absolute fan made up theories and over at Square they're just all having a good laugh.
I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Would Disney be okay with that? They do own the KH franchise, right?
I'm not suggesting they only have 1 or 2 Disney Worlds, just instead of 8-10 like usual, its more around 5. 5 disney worlds, 5 SE Worlds, and 2 or 3 KH original worlds that heavily feature Disney properties, like Ratatouille, The Classic Gand Watch style world, etcetera.
I have a theory - the next Kingdom Hearts Game or DLC will be Open World - taking place entirely in Tokyo. But the twist that it takes place in our earth where Square Enix and Disney charcters are fiction and only recently have SE and Disney Characters has altered the world. The characters in our world are leaning to integrate with the fictionalised charcters. There are three main protagonists, Sora,Riku and Yozora - each trying to reconnect their memories and all entered the real world in different circumstances and have to participate in this "game" which has been set up by the Masters of Masters. The title of the game/dlc is Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect
Kingdom Hearts Reconnect has been used so many times for secret endings and it still being used makes me believe that is the case as well, for it being the next games name. As for what you are suggesting, that makes a lot of sense. The Noctis expy definitely feels like he is going to be a main character going forward. Thing is though, the Shibuya Tower number is 104, as in TWEWY, so its not the real world. Unless of course in the Kingdom Hearts Universe, TWEWY IS the real world, which would be the best possible plot twist ever. TWEWY Shibuya Open World Hub ala Gummi Ship, with Sora, Riku, and Yozora jumping through Disney Worlds to reconnect the World of Light and their memories sounds like a too good to be true plot.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm not suggesting they only have 1 or 2 Disney Worlds, just instead of 8-10 like usual, its more around 5. 5 disney worlds, 5 SE Worlds, and 2 or 3 KH original worlds that heavily feature Disney properties, like Ratatouille, The Classic Gand Watch style world, etcetera.

Kingdom Hearts Reconnect has been used so many times for secret endings and it still being used makes me believe that is the case as well, for it being the next games name. As for what you are suggesting, that makes a lot of sense. The Noctis expy definitely feels like he is going to be a main character going forward. Thing is though, the Shibuya Tower number is 104, as in TWEWY, so its not the real world. Unless of course in the Kingdom Hearts Universe, TWEWY IS the real world, which would be the best possible plot twist ever. TWEWY Shibuya Open World Hub ala Gummi Ship, with Sora, Riku, and Yozora jumping through Disney Worlds to reconnect the World of Light and their memories sounds like a too good to be true plot.
Think of it like Spyro's World Hub but a lot more integrated.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Guys, I remember a while back when we first saw the Verum Rex leak from CGInferno we were making fun of the VS XIII cult on twitter. There was a guy who sort of acted as the leader of this cult and was saying weird stuff like VS lives and that Sora "does not belong in the universe of Kingdom Hearts." I dismissed it all as nonsense but after watching that secret ending.....um......uh......I don't know what to believe anymore.

Here's the twitter account of the person who I thought was just spouting bullshit but I don't know. Go back and read his tweets and look at the dates they were made. He kinda knew all this before the game was even out?
https://twitter.com/zeal_returns

Here's some of the weird shit he was saying:

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If this Open World idea does happen then Zootopia be one of the areas/locations would be perfect. An area where the Zootpia characters are intentionally separated could really be an interesting take on the themes in Zootopia only modified for Kingdom Hearts. I still maintain the Real World Theory and the charcters invading the real world openly changed some things which explains the 109 thing.

If it was up to me personally i would have the game be an open world kingdom hearts game with the map split into different segments where the Disney charcters live. Each segment is based on a Disney Movie but is also part of the large area rather than segregated off like usual Kingdom Hearts games

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Is there any news on what new stuff was in the unchained update?
I've only just finished Arendelle but it seems like it just continues onwards from past UX updates.

Ephemer brings Lauriam to meet Player and ask about Strelitzia. Player of course knows nothing.
Lauriam leaves to meet with Elrena while Ephemer stays with Player for a while.
Elrena informs him that she saw a glitched ghost of Strelitzia in her final moments.
Lauriam freaks and runs in, realizes she's not there.
Elrena explains she hasn't been able to trigger that glitch again.
Elrena's Chirithy tells them about something he remembered in his last conversation with Strelitzia's Chirithy.
Lauriam begins to suspect Brain.
Skuld, Ven and Brain are back in the Foreteller's room. Ven says that Brain has been reading the Book of Prophecies for a long time, as if he's looking for something.
Brain explains he's striving to achieve a goal and says that the world is proceeding on a path towards fated destruction. And that even though they've overwritten the Dandelion's memories of the Keyblade War, it doesn't change anything, but he'll become a "virus" to overwrite the "program" of that fate (random tech lingo at the end there but you get the idea).
Some crazy ass plot progression. The digital stuff is throwing me for a loop, as if Union Cross is still not taking place jn the real world, still taking place in the datascape.

Guys, I remember a while back when we first saw the Verum Rex leak from CGInferno we were making fun of the VS XIII cult on twitter. There was guy who sort of acted as the leader of this cult was saying weird stuff like VS lives and that Sora "does not belong in the universe of Kingdom Hearts." I dismissed it all as nonsense but after watching that secret ending.....um......uh......I don't know what to believe anymore.

Here's the twitter account of the person who I thought was just spouting bullshit but I don't know. Go back and read his tweets and look at the dates they were made. He kinda knew all this before the game was even out?
https://twitter.com/zeal_returns
That would be insane. If the KH games have been taking place in the datascape all along or something controved, I wonder where they are gonna go with the plot.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue the UX update is way bigger. Brain calls himself a computer virus (see: report 11), looks just like young Eraqus, and could have eliminated Strelitzia like a virus would fuck with files.

REALLY stupid question, buuuuut.... Was it ever actually confirmed that the boys playing chess are Eraqus and Xehanort? Do they ever call each other that? I guess the final cutscene with adult Eraqus saying "checkmate" kind of seals it, buuuut....

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I just read that twitter. Who the flying fuck is this beautiful genius and how did he get everything si right? Seriously, it seems to me like Nomura just hijacked Kingdom Hearts as his platform to tell the story of Versus 13 through the MoM Saga. That magnificent bastard.
Edit: IT JUST KEEPS GOING DEEPER AND DEEPER WHUUUUUUUUUUT.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue the UX update is way bigger. Brain calls himself a computer virus (see: report 11), looks just like young Eraqus, and could have eliminated Strelitzia like a virus would fuck with files.

REALLY stupid question, buuuuut.... Was it ever actually confirmed that the boys playing chess are Eraqus and Xehanort? Do they ever call each other that? I guess the final cutscene with adult Eraqus saying "checkmate" kind of seals it, buuuut....
They literally turn into those kids in the last cutscene with xehahort

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They literally turn into those kids in the last cutscene with xehahort

Ah. I guess this means Eraqus is descended from Brain, if their similar appearance is anything to go by.

I'm really hoping they're not just the same person because he just moved forward in time and lost his memories, like Ventus