• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man Nomura after all these years you answer nothing and remind us of how bitter you still are. I know you wanted to do Versus for even longer than that:

Those previous projects as director were the Kingdom Hearts games, which are much lighter than what we know of Versus XIII. Is the darker concept you have outlined a necessary change for you as director?
Nomura: The world of Versus XIII might be a little closer to my personal taste than Kingdom Hearts, but the entire project owes something to Kingdom Hearts as well. When I first began KH I was part of the FF core team, and tried to bring elements of that into the development. The KH team was always inspired by FF, and I'd like to see that reversed. But as for the differences between KH and FF, KH is a lighter world of magic, fantasy, and people doing good things. I've been in that world for a very long time - perhaps too long.
from: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomura-Comments-on-the-KH-World-446

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the ending, no idea what the critique is.

People wanting answers were destined to be disappointed, the secret movies of 1 and 2 at release were just big question marks where you had no idea what is going on.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
There's an "Instagram" entry from Sora that he wants to play Verum Rex and that the MC looks like Riku lol

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well if there's one thing that secret ending did, it was making me want to go back to Tokyo even more.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I actually really like the ending, no idea what the critique is.

People wanting answers were destined to be disappointed, the secret movies of 1 and 2 at release were just big question marks where you had no idea what is going on.

I'm more disappointed in the fact that it didn't expand upon the epilogue. I just don't see why Nomura decided to delay it until now and insist that it has the biggest spoilers in the entire game when it really doesn't. You can watch this whether you've played KH3 or not and still not know what the hell is going on. Hell, most of us have no clue what's going on despite playing KH3. The epilogue was much more meaty when it came to spoilers in regards to the future of the series, so I can see why that was cut out.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more disappointed in the fact that it didn't expand upon the epilogue. I just don't see why Nomura decided to delay it until now and insist that it has the biggest spoilers in the entire game when it really doesn't. You can watch this whether you've played KH3 or not and still not know what the hell is going on. Hell, most of us have no clue what's going on despite playing KH3. The epilogue was much more meaty when it came to spoilers in regards to the future of the series, so I can see why that was cut out.
I mean you can easily speculate that sora is heading off to play the reapers game to save kairi.
  • "I know what to do" is what sora says when riku suggests going to get help
  • The only stuff he knows about what happens after death is
    • The final world
    • TWEWY reapers game
    • Dreaming and sleep are very closely related. (I love this)

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna say, are you guys ready for:

Kingdom Hearts: The World Ends With You(where you play as Sora) and Kingdom Hearts Versus: Verum Rex (Where you play as Riku? Because I sure am XD.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am so goddamn excited for Shibuya as a world, it's going to be fantastic. Can't believe that that line in DDD about Sora meeting the cast in Shibuya would have a pay off like this, incredible.

Verum Rex being an actual thing though is goddamn ridiculous. The whole thing was only funny because it was a parody of Nomura's nonsense and hes actually playing it straight? Christ

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, since Nomura has to finish Final Fantasy 7 Remake BEFORE KH4 comes out... I guess we'll see the next game in 20 years? (Nomura wanted FF7RE to be an trilogy, lol)

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
If this isn't DLC or Kingdom Hearts 4 I wonder if it'd be a Switch spin-off with Nintendos ties to TWEWY. I'd prefer the first two, but hey anything could happen with Nomura.
I mean you can easily speculate that sora is heading off to play the reapers game to save kairi.
    • The final world
    • TWEWY reapers game
Yeah it was super interesting that Riku and Sora wokeup one after the other like in Dream Drop Distance.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see Tabata was offended and decided to leave. The disrespect is savage, I can't think of anything like this in a big company. The game has no FF in it instead there is a FF knock off in it based on the most recent one at that which he used to be director of? yikes...

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
    • The final world
    • TWEWY reapers game

Then Riku probably went to the Verum Rex world to find Sora because he heard Yozora looks like him.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's anything Square should've learned in the last two gens, it's not to make stupidly big promises ahead of time.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I can see all this resentment from Nomura being absolute fan made up theories and over at Square they're just all having a good laugh.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
He said he'd like to do one big DLC and a couple of free updates/content.

Could be a Final Mix, could be some story DLC, could be a mix of both (we've had the Secret Episode in BBSFM which was playable afterall)

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
My immediate thought seeing the secret ending was that they want to do a Kingdom Hearts game with mostly Square Enix worlds, which might explain the severe lack of Square content in KH3 as they decided to work fully with Disney in this one on multiple licenses and for whatever next thing they'll scale down the Disney stuff to do their own thing starting with a TWEWY world thing.

However, DLC or something might make more sense than my original thought.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
hold on....final fantasy might be heavily in the next kh game.

Just when you think the FF fans are out, Nomura brings them right back in

8qrqQRI.gif

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, you know who else was in Shibuya? Schala from Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross.

Fucking do it Nomura.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I've gotta admit the premise of a Kingdom Hearts that references classic Square-Enix games like Chrono Trigger and the like would be fantastic. TWEWY already had me super happy in Dream Drop Distance. I'd doubt it'd not include anything Disney related unless it was a spin-off though.

Carbone

Oct 27, 2017
So..
In the Epilogue we learn about a new game involving 7 dark hearts.
The KH3 cover's art features 13 hearts of light in front of what seems to be an unknown city. The clock on the tower has one hand on 13 the other one on 7.
Now we have this secret movie.
Looks promising !

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
My random thought

Since Data Worlds being able to stablish a connection between Real worlds and sleeping worlds (As proven by Maleficent with Coded and Secret ending in KHX), I think that Sora is in a realm between realm of light and realm of darkness after end of KH3. I'm assuming this by the start of the Secret Movie where from Sora's pov we see the reflections of a building covered in "light" on the left and one covered in "darkness" on the right. I'm going to assume Riku it's try to use this connection to save Sora?

How the rest takes place it's uncertain to me. Yozora now could be see as someone with a connection to MoM because he has color from different eyes, meaning one could be a replacement after the extracion of the original one (you know, to create No Name). But I don't see it as a solid theory. Also the black coat guy looked like the MoM by how he walks.

Anyway, not wat I wanted tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see Tabata was offended and decided to leave. The disrespect is savage, I can't think of anything like this in a big company. The game has no FF in it instead there is a FF knock off in it based on the most recent one at that which he used to be director of? yikes...

I doubt Tabata would leave because of this.

But I do find it very disrespectful, not even to Tabata but the entire team that were asked to work on FFXV and ship a product based on the promise, they weren't trying to steal Nomura's boy, they worked countless hours across many years on a project they weren't passionate about at first to then see the original director acting like a child about it.

I can see all this resentment from Nomura being absolute fan made up theories and over at Square they're just all having a good laugh.

I find that hard to believe when we're talking about a series that always heavily featured Final Fantasy characters but now decided to use other names that mean the same thing for characters that weirdly similar to those of an already released FF game. If they were all just having a laugh about it, they'd just straight up use Noctis and Insomnia, but the story in that world would be more similar to Nomura's concept than the finished FFXV title. That's how we'd know there's no bad feelings about it, and everyone is on good terms with each other.

hold on....final fantasy might be heavily in the next kh game.
That would be great, but I feel like expecting this based on a trailer called "Yozora" instead of "Noctis" might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why it's childish, he's always been crazy for spiky haired bois running up roof tops. Big hero 6 is just like "yea I couldn't make my game, but I can make big hero 6 close enough"

Also all the ff have always been nomuras designs, but act completely differently. Like if you only know cloud from KH, you probably think he's a moody edge lord.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The absolute madman fucking did it. TWEWY Shibuya World that is also the setting for a FF-Versus 13 expy, holy shit. I could legit see the MoM being from thjs world, or some batshit insane explanation. Now give me a Chrono Trigger world for total madness.

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
Damn Riku being next to the Tokyo cityhouse (I don't remember the exact name) and the few notes that sound so much like Somnus... Nomura can't be subtle at all

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
We really might not get KH4 for a long time since Nomura still gotta work on FFVIIR.
The man found a way to make KH continue on even during the mess that was Square's PS3/360 era. We might not get KH4, yeah, but I think it won't be too long (relatively speaking) before we see the next part of the story and whatever this ends up being.

• The final world
    • TWEWY reapers game
Does Sora know that the Reaper's Game is tied to death? I mean, the name gives it away I guess, but I don't remember Neku and the gang mentioning anything too in-depth about the game other than "timer appears on hand, have to find partner and complete tasks together".

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
Reaper's game...
The music has FFXV element.

Noctics would make way more sense than the FF knockoff dude...I guess it'd not be Normua if it makes sense lol

Normua really can't let Versus go eh?

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what to think about this honestly. I excepted something on KH2 Secret Movie levels.
Oh well.
It's seems nice at least, but I'm betting it's for the DLC.

Bonzenkai

Jan 31, 2019
Anyone think we are either getting a DLC expansion or a KH spin-off sequel (similar to KH 358/2 Days or KHDDD)?

Sora is trapped in a sleeping world. Riku goes and looks for him. MoM is also trapped in a sleeping world. All leads to set-up for KH4?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm holding my reservations of the secret ending for now - it might end up being something closer to Deep Dive (being relegated into being a cut-scene in the end), who knows.

Oct 26, 2017
The man found a way to make KH continue on even during the mess that was Square's PS3/360 era. We might not get KH4, yeah, but I think it won't be too long (relatively speaking) before we see the next part of the story and whatever this ends up being.

Does Sora know that the Reaper's Game is tied to death? I mean, the name gives it away I guess, but I don't remember Neku and the gang mentioning anything too in-depth about the game other than "timer appears on hand, have to find partner and complete tasks together".
Joshua explains at the end IIRC.
Also young xehanort taunting him in both twewy/toy story + knowing soras about to die, he must somehow have the book of prophecies at the very least.