• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
The actual XV looks more like Versus from 2011-2013 than whatever this thing with Yozora is.

Recreating the 2011 CG isn't it. Hopefully there's more substance to it when they finally show off more.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
mJgtNa3.png

Fi8qlpr.png

Pi4dDk9.png
8XOTSbX.png

Kla3FZw.png

BIsVJzG.png

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This makes sense he gets to make his spinoff Versus game and make mainline KH4 games. Sort of like FF mainline and side action games that were originally planned.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Nomura:

"If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create," the developer wrote, according to SqEx.info's translation.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
KH Spinoff as a secret versus13, lol

You got it wrong. The whole KH franchise is a spinoff of Versus 13😂

Not-Prompto: Hey I heard you finished that long game series that you started when you were 5, what was it called again?
Yozora: Oh you meant Kingdom Hearts? Yeah I did. It was strange but someone that looked like me showed up at the end and turn Sora into a crystal, like those from the old myths about Fal'cie and L'cie.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Prince Noctis looked like an actual coddled prince.

Commander Yozora??? You kidding me with this Nomura.

This is like a parody of Versus XIII. Maybe Nomura actually hates it.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's fun to think Nomura doing this is a massive Fuck You to square for people who still hate the company. But realistically it isn't, it's just Nomura fulfilling his vision in a way only Nomura would.

I hope this becomes a gaming universe type thing, with TWEWY, Yozora and KH each having standalone stories, but with things that link them, ultimately ending in an Endgame type thing. Honestly that would be amazing, and something pretty new for gaming!

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nomura you absolute mad man.
The driver is totally Luxord isn't it.
Where is this all going?!

Also, where did they dig up Dylan Sprouse?
Dylan is a huge fucking video game nerd. I'm sure when he heard Kingdom Hearts 3 was getting voice work done he must had been clamoring and asking around to be part of it. And when the opportunity to be Yozora's voice actor came into play he jumped at the chance.

I'm sure his name holds more weight because of his brother playing Jughead in Riverdale ontop of his work in Zack and Cody. Hence why they dropped the name in the very end like it was some cool acquisition we should be excited about.

I'm surprised he's Yozora the only time I can recognize his voice is when he makes grunts, breathing sounds, or anything non-vocal. He really does the 'cool JRPG character' voice very well.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's fun to think Nomura doing this is a massive Fuck You to square for people who still hate the company. But realistically it isn't, it's just Nomura fulfilling his vision in a way only Nomura would.

I hope this becomes a gaming universe type thing, with TWEWY, Yozora and KH each having standalone stories, but with things that link them, ultimately ending in an Endgame type thing. Honestly that would be amazing, and something pretty new for gaming!
I am 100% for Nomura using KH as a gateway for games he couldn't make standalone, if this is the only way I'll get to see the Twewy crew again I'll gladly take it

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

Yes, but people will blow it up more because people are crazy on this shit with KH.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

I... can't tell if you're kidding or not, but "new for gaming?" This isn't even new for Square given that Yoko Taro exists!

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've said before that, for better or worse, the entire Kingdom Hearts property has been partly shaped by Nomura's personality. If you know Kingdom Hearts closely, then you know how Nomura's mind operates.

Oct 25, 2017
Dylan is a huge fucking video game nerd. I'm sure when he heard Kingdom Hearts 3 was getting voice work done he must had been clamoring and asking around to be part of it. And when the opportunity to be Yozora's voice actor came into play he jumped at the chance.

I'm sure his name holds more weight because of his brother playing Jughead in Riverdale ontop of his work in Zack and Cody. Hence why they dropped the name in the very end like it was some cool acquisition we should be excited about.

I'm surprised he's Yozora the only time I can recognize his voice is when he makes grunts, breathing sounds, or anything non-vocal. He really does the 'cool JRPG character' voice very well.
He's a huge nerd. Plays Warhammer tabletop, is obsessed with Total War and Metroid, and jumped on the chance of being Alith Anar in TWW.

Awesome.
I'm guessing Yozora will play a big role in the new saga since they got someone with some clout to their name.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I guess this is called Re:Mind because Nomura wanted to Re:Mind us about Noctis. I still prefer what we saw from Versus, because all of those scenes had amazing cinematography, but it's still cool that Nomura gets to use these ideas after all this time.

lol @ even the angles and car model being exactly the same, though.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... can't tell if you're kidding or not, but "new for gaming?" This isn't even new for Square given that Yoko Taro exists!
Having games from separate series being in the same universe is not new, but also not what I'm talking about.

Im talking about several series of games being linked MCU style with the intention of an Avengers style climax. Taro's games don't do that.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This is so insane and not in the super good way but the hilarious way.

I guess this is one way for Square to..uh..save costs? I mean, just replace the model in a previously released CG trailer.

Or is this madman Nomura going to give us Versus XIII with spirits of the dead and stuff now? I wouldn't be shocked if one of the new Kingdom Hearts games is just about this new character.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I guess this is called Re:Mind because Nomura wanted to Re:Mind us about Noctis. I still prefer what we saw from Versus, because all of those scenes had amazing cinematography, but it's still cool that Nomura gets to use these ideas after all this time.
I think that's why all of this feels so cheap. The concepts, cinematography, use of music, dialogue for the scenes he aped are all much better in Versus XIII from the 2011 trailer. Even the CG quality from 2011 is pristine.

Versus XIII had so much going right for it conceptually, and this is different in areas where it doesn't come together. It makes me think that Nomura stumbled into how great Versus XIII was as a concept, because this imitation just fails in so many areas.

Even shit like Niflheim's robed attire with guns, and Insomnia's suits and swords to be just glossed over and badly done in this, where they aced it with Versus XIII. It's what got people so intrigued. Now, it just feels like madness.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are excited about this ending and why people are assuming this is a big "fuck you" to Square Enix.