• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
Then she gets thrown in this random, princess/prince hand out hold with Riku that, while I'm not going to jump the gun (like some already have) because it seemed innocent and vague enough, still had me blink. Especially because of how people will surely take it. They don't have anything of substance, I only recall two scenes with them speaking, none of it providing any romantic interest towards one another (in fact, one of the scenes have them act more like colleagues, having a business meeting about Sora's memory process), and even when you look at the novels, it's basically Riku with 99.9% Sora on his mind. SoRiku was practically canon there. I don't ship it, but I had to admit it was pretty heavy. The author must like them. Even in KH3, Riku doesn't get any special moment showing he misses Naminè like Sora, Kairi, and Roxas. It had to take Riku Replica to remind him she exists, and then after, he's like, "well, I wish we could help her now, but we got shit to take care of".

???

That's why I took it platonically, because anything else makes absolutely no sense, and I swear if rival ships to Roxas/Naminè or those that like Riku/Naminè (wherever they are) defend this, I'll deem it desperation. At least pair her with Repliku. Which I do think is what that scene was about, symbolically.
totally agree with this sentiment. i was baffled by that part of the scene. it just felt so shippy so out-of-the-blue... might i add that it would be doubly weird for rikunami to happen when sora tells her specifically in the final world how much roxas misses her. not riku. roxas. i'm pretty sure nomura meant them to be essentially mirror image sora/kairi. they've even been pictured alongside them on official art. like??? it'd be a super weird change of direction out of virtually nowhere. but yeah, i'll be chosing to believe it was riku's way of honoring the wishes of his "other me" by receiving naminè in a totally chivalrous and innocuous way until i'm confronted with evidence to the contrary. (tbh i don't see why nomura couldn't just have left an extra dummy body lying around for repliku to just slide into and become a ~real boy~ like everyone else did.. it's not like 'having two rikus is confusing' is a viable excuse when ven and roxas are running around at the same time)

That aside, back to the canon ships of the series (SoRiku, lol, and SoKai), I made up my mind that Kairi needs to be away from Sora. It's the only option that's left that will actually make her a character and obtain the development she needs. With Sora, it just turns her into his manpain and regresses her to a plot device. I feel bad for Kairi really. She was never my favorite, but at this point, I'm sympathizing with her due to her continuously bad treatment.
honestly if nomura wanted to make kairi a character of consequence he would have just let her stay dead. the fact that he went out of his way to showboat about her "dying" when we've got people literally popping out of the grave left and right just goes to show that her sole purpose is to be endangered and get hurt for the sake of fueling sora's Macho Angstre:"hey look everybody, xehanort killed kairi! ... yeah i know nobody ever actually stays dead in these games but look!! look at how angry sora is now! isn't that suspenseful??? aren't you soooooo worried about her??? maybe she'll never come back!! have i reminded you she's the love interest within these last 25 seconds? she's the love interest!!"

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Pretty big since Nomura said Sora will stay the main protagonist.

Altho i hope we have games like bbs etc where we play as another keyblade wielder rather than forever have it be Sora.

Or ofcourse multiple playable chars.

For the emblems part Nomura said a few only for proud mode no numbers sadly. But a few sounds like not many to me would be weird if you need half or more of them cuz few means not alot.
I feel like we will either get a Kingdom Hearts Chi/Unchained/Union Cross remake with Sora instead of the custom MC, a post Union Cross game with back cover like flashblack cutscenes to explain that story with Skuld/Ephemer/Ventus as the MCs, or both.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I missed the 2 stars in The Final World.. I am there gathering all Soras but it seems I can't go to the specific Stars location anymore?

Jan 25, 2019
totally agree with this sentiment. i was baffled by that part of the scene. it just felt so shippy so out-of-the-blue... might i add that it would be doubly weird for rikunami to happen when sora tells her specifically in the final world how much roxas misses her. not riku. roxas. i'm pretty sure nomura meant them to be essentially mirror image sora/kairi. they've even been pictured alongside them on official art. like??? it'd be a super weird change of direction out of virtually nowhere. but yeah, i'll be chosing to believe it was riku's way of honoring the wishes of his "other me" by receiving naminè in a totally chivalrous and innocuous way until i'm confronted with evidence to the contrary. (tbh i don't see why nomura couldn't just have left an extra dummy body lying around for repliku to just slide into and become a ~real boy~ like everyone else did.. it's not like 'having two rikus is confusing' is a viable excuse when ven and roxas are running around at the same time)

Roxas in comparison had at least meaningful conversations with Naminè about their doubts, feelings, and overall existential crisises surrounding their existence and eventual doomed fate no matter how one chooses to interpret their interactions. They bonded and began a budding friendship based on getting to know one another. There's foundation.

Even without adding Roxas into the mix, Riku and Naminè can't stand on their own as a fundamental and liable option. The closest I could think of is when Naminè offered to lock his darkness in his heart (this girl so powerful) and he chose to grow from it and accept it instead. Nothing concerning romance there, nor anything more in depth between them as an attempt to understand or learn more about each other. He just stated to look after Sora and that she smelled like Kairi. KHIII should have build up to that cutscene with something, yet it wasn't present. I'm on board with the chivalrous and innocuous outlook as well. It appeared friendly, coming from their expressions. Just the romanticizing of it with petals and the close up wasn't. If they really go for this, what an awful start. I am not feeling it fam.

I feel Riku Replica got done wrong by Nomura. His sacrifice moved me, it was sweet and touching. But couldn't Vexen/Even create another vessel? It could be he wasn't informed enough before deciding this. Or maybe he really did want to go away. All I know is that he at least died with agency. I wish Naminè had a moment and/or scene reflecting his sacrifice, but alas, her connections to other characters got shafted aside from mentions.

honestly if nomura wanted to make kairi a character of consequence he would have just let her stay dead. the fact that he went out of his way to showboat about her "dying" when we've got people literally popping out of the grave left and right just goes to show that her sole purpose is to be endangered and get hurt for the sake of fueling sora's Macho Angstre:"hey look everybody, xehanort killed kairi! ... yeah i know nobody ever actually stays dead in these games but look!! look at how angry sora is now! isn't that suspenseful??? aren't you soooooo worried about her??? maybe she'll never come back!! have i reminded you she's the love interest within these last 25 seconds? she's the love interest!!"

Nomura can't write a female character being independent alongside her male love interest without fridging her, so might as well put her far from Sora's range of influence if that's what he is only capable of.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
So the latest Union X quest seems to be Blain/Brain making his move and seprating everyone. Lauriums with Elrina seeing what looks like corrupted data of Strelitzia and where she got killed. Emp has gone to see the player in the data and help them out (to investigate what's going on) and Ven and Skuld are in the room together with Brain/Blain when he seems to flip his cap up at the end as though to reveal his plan has started to commence.

I have no translations for this, so i'm just assuming, but if they're all trapped in separate places this might be where we see who the traitor is, and how the new Chi Union Leaders ended up where they did after Chi with them all seemingly being separated. (perhaps if Ephemera gets trapped we might eventually findout how he ended up at the end of 3 stuck in the data) Ven and Skuld ending up in the future (Ven at Keyblade Graveyard at BBS) and Laurium and Elrina being together so him and Larxene appearing together in the future. This is just me assuming of course, but them all being separated makes for some really interesting potentional plot points.

Edit: Roboloid pointed out that Blaine/Brain looks a whole lot like Eraqus. Probably not a coincidence knowing Nomura.

Last edited:

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something's bothering me so I'm wondering if I can get any sort of confirmation here, but if all footage being uploaded to youtube is accurate. There seems to be a couple of variations(at least 3?) on what song plays during the ending. Does anyone know?

Cause if that's the case, I definitely prefer this version with the piano rendition of Sanctuary as it lines up perfectly with that moment:

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Something's bothering me so I'm wondering if I can get any sort of confirmation here, but if all footage being uploaded to youtube is accurate. There seems to be a couple of variations(at least 3?) on what song plays during the ending. Does anyone know?

Cause if that's the case, I definitely prefer this version with the piano rendition of Sanctuary as it lines up perfectly with that moment:

Either random or based on Difficulty?

you mad me watch that again... damn the feels

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man can they finally please release the secret ending in Japan already? If that goes on like this I can see it with my own game later.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they delay it until my internet works again. It's gone for more than 24 hours now. Don't really want to see it on YouTube but eh I want to see it as soon as it's released. :(

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So the latest Union X quest seems to be Blain/Brain making his move and seprating everyone. Lauriums with Elrina seeing what looks like corrupted data of Strelitzia and where she got killed. Emp has gone to see the player in the data and help them out (to investigate what's going on) and Ven and Skuld are in the room together with Brain/Blain when he seems to flip his cap up at the end as though to reveal his plan has started to commence.

I have no translations for this, so i'm just assuming, but if they're all trapped in separate places this might be where we see who the traitor is, and how the new Chi Union Leaders ended up where they did after Chi with them all seemingly being separated. (perhaps if Ephemera gets trapped we might eventually findout how he ended up at the end of 3 stuck in the data) Ven and Skuld ending up in the future (Ven at Keyblade Graveyard at BBS) and Laurium and Elrina being together so him and Larxene appearing together in the future. This is just me assuming of course, but them all being separated makes for some really interesting potentional plot points.

Edit: Roboloid pointed out that Blaine/Brain looks a whole lot like Eraqus. Probably not a coincidence knowing Nomura.

Oh god. I was expecting maybe one game, but Nomura is totally going to place 3-4 different post Union Cross games between KH3 and KH4 to flesh out everyone's story, I can feel it coming. Brain looking like Eraqus is a bit of a trip though, his proper art suggests nothing like that though. It would be very Nomura though if Eraqus came from a lineage of Dark Keybladr masters and Xehanort came from a line of Light Keyblade Masters.

Oh man. I have seen this so many times the past week, and Don't Look Twice after the feels of Simple and Clean just couldn't compare. But following up afterwards with Sanctuary? Complete sensory overload, Jesus. Just so goad everyone got their happy endings, even if Sora didn't. It feels a lot more rewarding that way, and far less cheap than if even Sora came out unscathed. Also, that fully restored Radiant Garden is god like. I need it to fully return as a hub world like Twilight Town.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

It should be 'Don't Think Twice'. The other variations were added by various youtubers because youtube had blocked the music before the official release date.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Japanese KH twitter confirmed the secret ending will be at the same time worldwide. (in 20 minutes)
Oh god. I was expecting maybe one game, but Nomura is totally going to place 3-4 different post Union Cross games between KH3 and KH4 to flesh out everyone's story, I can feel it coming. Brain looking like Eraqus is a bit of a trip though, his proper art suggests nothing like that though. It would be very Nomura though if Eraqus came from a lineage of Dark Keybladr masters and Xehanort came from a line of Light Keyblade Masters.
Wouldn't suprise me with Nomura haha.
The Eraqus ancestor thing is definitely a thing because the secret reports mention him having descending from a pre-keybalde war lineage.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Hopefully the secret ending is good. I don't think it'll be better than the KH2FM secret ending (by far the best secret ending in the series), but hopefully it'll come close.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I keep on checking for the update but there's nothing yet.

Gonna assume it'll be in theater mode when it does.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Ok wtf was that secret ending?

Sora and Riku look to be in the VERUMX world and then we see some random person in a black coat staring up at what looks to be Kingdom Hearts.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Final mixes secret ending is the extension, maybe after one year lol?

KH1 and 2 secret ending are literally one minute of Riku and ROxas and Tav staring each other

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Also, Nomura is REALLY salty about Final Fantasy 15.

The FF Versus 13 music was even there for a second lmao.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
What kind of guts does it take to make a fake parody trailer that's clearly making fun of your own work and style, then it turns out its relevant in the secret trailer you made for your actual next work

So Nomura's next work will be a crossover between all his works? Is the Bouncer coming back?