• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, there are people on twitter saying that Cloud's VA is under NDA, so that's why he's saying he is not in the game......
Or that Squall's VA said that Squal is not in this and didn't specifically mention Leon so there is hope, which is even more hilarious xD
I mean....come on guys!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That music is great.

Also stop expecting DLC to fix things you don't like about the game.

Indeed.

Definitely going to skip this for now. Actually really glad that leaks came out now even though leaker is a scrublord.

30 hours to beat/50 hours to max out things as a scrub must take significantly less time if you know what you are doing.

Never people mind that if the grind is boring its just filler.

Probably going to stop Playing new KH games from here on out as well since I guess I dont fit the demographic anymore expecting some final fantasy other than the flavor of the month.

I really wanted late january to be KH in the Day and RE in the night but its whateves

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
This game's plot is so effing convoluted and unnecessarily complicated that I don't even understand the leaks. LOL. I played every game in the series though, but it has been so long, I just don't remember the plot well enough.

Neufr0

Nov 20, 2017
The more I think about it the more I'm sure that this whole Anti-Aqua thing is Nomura wanting to do his own Alter Saber from Fate/Stay Night.
What annoys me the most is that this shit could destroy everything 0.2 built up until now. It seems from the fights vocals that she just turned raw because she waited too long and that's stupid and out of character (but hey that's not the first time, remember Xemnas lol)

If it's not that then there's two possible explanations:
-Ventus or Terra is captured by Xehanort, she learns about it and lose it to the darkness.
-One of the XIII members nort her against her will which is lame but still better than what i described earlier.

God, I swore I wouldn't be caring about the plot and now look at me....

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game's plot is so effing convoluted and unnecessarily complicated that I don't even understand the leaks. LOL. I played every game in the series though, but it has been so long, I just don't remember the plot well enough.

This is example, how people post on a kh-thread.

Look a kh-thread, must post something, something about story convuleted, I swear I played every game in the entire series.

Then there is not single story leak in the entire thread.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me the most is that this shit could destroy everything 0.2 built up until now. It seems from the fights vocals that she just turned raw because she waited too long and that's stupid and out of character (but hey that's not the first time, remember Xemnas lol)
Yep that's why I called it character assassination.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
This is example, how people post on a kh-thread.

Look a kh-thread, must post something, something about story convuleted, I swear I played every game in the entire series.

Then there is not single story leak in the entire thread.
There are no direct plot leaks, but I'm not able to contextualize any of the leaks I've seen. I assume that Dark Aqua is an important leak. And I can't contextualize her being dark or anything.

Sorry for annoying you.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
There are no direct plot leaks, but I'm not able to contextualize any of the leaks I've seen. I assume that Dark Aqua is an important leak. And I can't contextualize her being dark or anything.

Sorry for annoying you.

We don't know why she goes dark and everything here is just speculation.

Dark Aqua was revealed long ago and people are just putting way too many thought about it. The ingame explanation will probably be simple (and clean. lol.)

The only convulted plot point I can think of is the one at the end of 3D. Admittedly the whole fake ansem retcon in KH2 too.

The whole picture is a mess ye, each individual games are easy to follow tho.

Dec 25, 2018
The Aqua theme there is super awesome.

Also the Aqua fight seems to be end game because he has high wind

The information in the Riku fight is to rescue Mickey, so that could potentially be a spoiler?

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
Yeah, that 10 minutes of cameos and non-plot related scenes in KH2 was the reason I bought and love the series, too.

#nomuramustbefired

For me at least, a lot of the appeal was the actual mix between Disney and FF. Without it there is only Disney and the covoluted story and ridiculous characters Nomura comes up with and I think its the same for a lot of people who would be interested in kh 3. In all honesty, I wish KH 3 flops and Nomura gets fired or at least removed from FFVII remake. I dont trust him and I dont understand why Squareenix does after what he did in FFXV

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
For me at least, a lot of the appeal was the actual mix between Disney and FF. Without it there is only Disney and the covoluted story and ridiculous characters Nomura comes up with and I think its the same for a lot of people who would be interested in kh 3. In all honesty, I wish KH 3 flops and Nomura gets fired or at least removed from FFVII remake. I dont trust him and I dont understand why Squareenix does after what he did in FFXV

I also love saying people should get fired cause of their role in a game I haven't played yet.

Dec 25, 2018
KH threads are the only places I ever see "convoluted" used. I don't get why people have caught on to that word.

There's not a single story spoiler in this, minus some very minor guesses as to what we think might happen.

The lack of FF characters doesn't matter to me. KHBBS had 1, DDD has TWEWY and KH3 seems to have 1 cameo. I'd rather have OCs over FF characters. If you want FF characters, go play FF.

KH2 was an advertisement for FF7 AC and I guess it was cool to see Squall again, but I don't really care that much of not seeing them.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
As a fan, yeah the story is convoluted as hell. Can't argue against that. In itself that is part of the charm of the series.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
That's a very healthy reaction to 5 FF characters not appearing in a game where the narrative has to prioritise focus on like 20 original ones.

ImTheQueen

Jan 10, 2019
Disney has always had more focus in KH games. This is supposedly the culmination of like 10+ KH original character plotlines so I think any significant Final Fantasy representation in the main game may have been overkill. Not to say it would be unwelcomed but I hardly think creating ANOTHER Final Fantasy gang subplot for KH3 is necessary. I think it's more suited for DLC at this point. In exchange it sounds like we got more developed Disney worlds which is a bulk of the playtime, and a game I get to play in two weeks, so I'll happily take that trade.

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
That's a very healthy reaction to 5 FF characters not appearing in a game where the narrative has to prioritise focus on like 20 original ones.

I said that I find Kingdom Hearts story confusing and the characters are ridiculous to me and a lot of the appeal was the mix between Disney and FF. Also Nomura has directing kh does not bode well for FFVII to me due to the aforementioned reasons. Exaggerated with the firing thing, sure

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
I said that I find Kingdom Hearts story confusing and the characters are ridiculous to me and a lot of the appeal was the mix between Disney and FF. Also Nomura has directing kh does not bode well for FFVII to me due to the aforementioned reasons. Exaggerated with the firing thing, sure
KH has it's own identity now. If that doesn't appeal to you, that's perfectly fine! It does to others so statements like "I hope KH3 flops" are not particularly reasonable.
Personally, I'm very excited about FFVII Remake. Nomura is the director, but a game like this is a combination of many people's creative influence.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure FFVII will have FF characters in it.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is still pretty much a Disney game with a Final Fantasy style plot so it's not like its going away from its roots entirely.

The FF chars were more like cameos in design than anything.

Oct 25, 2017
20 original ones I didn't get into the series for 17 years ago for.

The 1 original character I really actually still cared about seeing more of and a resolution to(Aqua) they apparently really screwed over so now im hardly interested in that either.

lasty being on unpaid leave from work for a while, money's tight so just sticking with Ace Combat 7 and Resident Evil 2 makes it easier.

Dec 25, 2018

Leaker is doing a poll to reveal Scala and of course everyone is in for it, he just won't show cutscenes.

Would rather see Frozen tbh.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
20 original ones I didn't get into the series for 17 years ago for.

The 1 original character I really actually still cared about seeing more of and a resolution to(Aqua) they apparently really screwed over so now im hardly interested in that either.

lasty being on unpaid leave from work for a while, money's tight so just sticking with Ace Combat 7 and Resident Evil 2 makes it easier.
I don't recall trying to force people to buy the game. As I said, if it's not for you, that's fair.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we see Scala ad Caelum tonight, looks like Nomura tried to do something like the Altissia level in the FFXV 2013 trailer.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
We already know Nomura plans to have DLC and free updates for KH3 and that he wants post-launch content to "enhance the way you can play the game or play it in new ways". We could actually see an update or DLC that makes Scala fully explorable or adds new areas to it. It wouldn't be that far-fetched.

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
Everyone needs to lower their expectations. Not just for the game, but also for the possible DLC. Some people had unrealistic expectations for the Day One Patch, and now they're doing the same for the possible DLC. Just be conservative and accept what's to come, especially on the innevitable KH4.

---

With that said, I liked the Anti-Aqua fight, and something tells me that Anti-Aqua could have been Vanitas overriding Aqua's heart with darkness, like sorta what Master Xehanort did with Ventus and Van, but inside Aqua's body/heart.

Also, her battle theme doesn't feel like Fate of the Unknown, and more like TAV's trio theme.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I had kinda caught wind of there being no FF characters except 1, but after playing through some of KH2 for the first time, it's especially heartbreaking. They were so well integrated into Twilight Town and Hollow Bastion. Seeing and fighting with Auron in Olympus Colluseum made me lose my shit.

It really is a shame if they aren't in, it's part of what made me play this series