• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Would be weird to not have boss rematches with the whole battlegate thing being so similar to DDD portals.

Also, the song in the latest Twilight Town video is awesome.

EDIT: The transforming Big Hero 6 sword is also sick.

EDIT 2: 4:40 - never ask Donald for anything ever again.

Last edited:

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Twilight Town is absolutely lovely. It's also completely surreal to hear NPCs talking in the background. Well, more NPCs in general, really.

Merlin being at the Bistro made me sad that he got to move to Twilight Town and the rest of the Traverse Town/Radiant Garden crew didn't.

Remy has a policy where he refuses to serve FF characters. (Why, Nomura, why.) It's also hilarious to just see the Winnie the Pooh book casually there at the Bistro table. Merlin, I've spent countless hours and game replays retrieving pages for that damn book, you should keep it in a locked vault!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
While the transformations are cool, I do wish they'd kept them all keyblades :( It's real weird seeing Sora fighting with a lance and stuff.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
KH1 - Ansem Reports
KH2 - Secret Ansem Reports
BBS - Xehanort's Reports

Weird how the Reports this time don't have the author's name attached to the title.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Btw about this running wall effect.
You know where they got it from right xD...???

I'm currently playing BBS to achieve the plat and I was surprised seeing this effect.I didn't remember that...

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I might actually be fine with no coliseum looking at these battle portals, they seem like an alternative that takes place in multiple areas.
I think I would like coliseum as a DLC though, it still does feel like a main KH tradition that's not here, which is especially noticable now as Olympus is back, but they can't keep adding Hercules forever so they'll need some replacement eventually.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
"Return to world map?", oh no. I wonder if all original worlds will share the same fate of very limited space?

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
I just noticed when Sora switches to second form I though he was reverting to his KH2 clothes, instead it's just the colors, neat.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I wish the combo hits weren't so wide. It's like every hit is an aoe attack, instead if precise slashes.

Some of the camera issues could eliminated by getting rid of the cinematic zoom ins.

Last edited:

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Wow people seem to be really dissapointed that TT is smaller apparently smaller than KH2?
I mean apart from the Clock tower area which one is missing?
Tha sandlot and the station?These were some small rooms with nothing relevant inside...

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right! I think he may have died more than 4 times the way he's playing.
Yeah... I noticed Guard Form or Nano Arms transformation change Sora's guard to be more like Aqua's barrier and Riku's dark barrier, which looks like it would be really really useful against that nobody. Or, you know, he can can just mash X and swing at the air I guess.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Something I'm noticing that's shared similarly between all these clips - the music isn't as strong here, especially that battle theme, and that's apparent because Yoko didn't do the entire soundtrack. It's her with the team of composers from BbS and DDS. Takeharu Ishimoto is very very good, he's the composer for Type-0, TWEWY, and Dissidia, so it's a shame he's also not putting more effort here since he's involved.

However, unlike FFXV seems she contributed even less this time around which is disappointing. I'm under the impression she went all out for FFXV, considering how massive of a game it is and probably needed a break afterwards, so it makes sense but it's still a shame. Like, we have yet to heard a track like Somnus, Noctis (Theme) Omnis Lacrima, Apocalyspsis Noctis, Valse Di Fantastica, etc. Just to name a few. And Yoko is not involved whatsoever with FFVII:R so she clearly wasn't busy with anything else. Nobuo Uematsu is confirmed to be coming back and he can handle that entirely himself.

Strictly battle themes, hopefully we get something as incredible as this. This is her most recent work and and one of the best battle themes I've ever heard.

Last edited:

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Kupo Coin

'A special coin that protects Sora from the worst. If your HP drops to 0, it will fully restore health a single time."

Only costs 400 munny.

Boooooo

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God this is the worst leak I've ever experienced

Its just like the KH games themselves with how drawn out everything is. I hope this leaker never gets an early copy of anything ever

Last edited:

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Wow people seem to be really dissapointed that TT is smaller apparently smaller than KH2?
Tha sandlot and the station?These were some small rooms with nothing relevant inside...

I mean they could have been imaginative and redesigned the town. It's more that it's so bad, and apparently the Realm of Darkness, Keyblade Graveyard, and Scala ad Caelum are small too, and Radiant Garden isn't explorable. Makes it seem like it was a rush job/they didn't give a shit about the original worlds.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a map of KH2's Twilight Town. KH3's Twilight Town consists of area within the green outline.
oe7x09n.jpg

As you can see, more than half of KH2's Twilight Town is missing.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I mean they could have been imaginative and redesigned the town. It's more that it's so bad, and apparently the Realm of Darkness, Keyblade Graveyard, and Scala ad Caelum are small too, and Radiant Garden isn't explorable. Makes it seem like it was a rush job/they didn't give a shit about the original worlds.
I understand why someone could see it that way and think the game is rushed or they cut content but what if it's that's what devs had in mind from the get-go?
I mean even if the game did include the missing areas, by your logic you would still be complaining about the size of the world :P

Here's a map of KH2's Twilight Town. KH3's Twilight Town consists of area within the green outline.

Well this map doesn't mark the underground area which is still in the game and again the only real omission I see is the the upper left one which was a big area in KH2.
All the other spots are just small corridors that were relevant to the story.At least that's how I see it.

Last edited:

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
oe7x09n.jpg

Twilight Town outside of the green area only has 4 relevant areas, The Usual Spot,Station Plaza, and The Mansion, everything else was just running around fighting heartless or nobodies, or a safe zone with 0 enemies.

The Woods area is bigger and they did add the new pathway to get there.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck that it's smaller but it's not really needed especially since for Sora those areas i mentioned are not really that important other than connecting with Roxas

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
oe7x09n.jpg

Absolutely. It's clear more than half of TT is missing. Understandably, a PS2 game isn't a PS4 game. This is the first time it's completely in HD. You either take time recreating it all or it's not worth the time and effort and you decrease the size. I'm expecting VII to cut major areas down significantly and I'm imagining the same outcome from reactions when that happens, because it's inevitable. Cloud and Midgar were blocky lego pieces on PS1. You cannot recreate a PS1 game to that size on current gen hardware. It's too time consuming and isn't realistic whatsoever.

This is probably why they avoided picking too many worlds from past games because they knew this would happen. Also explains why Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden are just relegated to cutscenes and not playable. Still a shame, but I understand it from their point of view to get the game out sooner. But, at least Olympus looks bigger than it ever did before so it doesn't look like they skimped out there.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018
Guy is fucking garbage at the game. A shame we couldn't get a good KH player to leak it.

Merlin is back in TT so I can't wait to see that story.

Sorcerers are back.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Guy is fucking garbage at the game. A shame we couldn't get a good KH player to leak it.

Merlin is back in TT so I can't wait to see that story.

Sorcerers are back.

Yeah I'm interested if he'll explain.. why he's there and what happened to the FF gang.

Also could there be more to TT than we've seen? Be a shame if you can't reach the clock tower. Really though I don't mind so much. Don't care to have the underground passageway again and didn't really care for seeing Sunset terrace, but it is a shame if they're actually shrunk the area rather than expand like they usually do for returning worlds. Surprised you can't visit Usual spot or station either. Look at what they did with Traverse town!

Neufr0

Nov 20, 2017
I thought there was another passage in the tunnels but actually there is just one route from the central city to the woods.
And there is no path to Mysterious Tower I guess.

That means that the inside of the mansion is only cutscenes too ? Exploration in this game is mainly in Disney worlds then. I hope Scala is a full world or I will be very disappointed.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought there was another passage in the tunnels but actually there is just one route from the central city to the woods.

That means that the inside of the mansion is only cutscenes too ? Exploration in this game is mainly in Disney worlds then. I hope Scala is a full world or I will be very disappointed.
He alrealy said Scala isn't a full world. This dude fucking sucks at describing and answering anything, but he said that Scala isn't too big and exploration is limited since going too far will trigger the final battle.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
I can buy Nomura and the team putting most of the effort into Disney worlds compared to the OC ones. Look at Olympus, it's like 2 worlds in one with both Mount Olympus and the Realm of the Gods. 3 if Thebes ends up being comparable in size.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Leaker said Scala wasnt l so... :(
Will be a shame if the original worlds aren't so big compared to the Disney ones, but understandable I guess. Radiant Garden being missing is the biggest shame.

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
Leaker said Scala wasnt l so... :(
Will be a shame if the original worlds aren't so big compared to the Disney ones, but understandable I guess. Radiant Garden being missing is the biggest shame.

I think Nomura mentioned that the OC worlds were going to mainly be for plot progression and the main exploration would be the Disney worlds

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So safe to assume each "explorable world" has at least one Battlegate? That would be at least 8 and we aren't counting 100 Acre Wood. I forget how RoD and Keyblade Graveyard work in terms of exploration so not sure there. Maybe Scala unless that's connected to the Graveyard.

Neufr0

Nov 20, 2017
I don't really care about FF characters but the original worlds were always a refreshing aspect of each game. Hollow Bastion in KH1 was amazing. TWTNW was ok in KH2 but the new HB and CoR corrected that.
This is such a shame.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A Struggle Tournament ala Coliseum Cup setup with the Twilight Town crew and FF characters could have been a fun side bit

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Epilogue DLC incoming for each trio, if one of them don't die in the end.

Playable destiny island for SRK, more exploration in TT featuring RAX, TAV in radiant garden and Disney trio in disney castle.